PDA

View Full Version : Tourer rear light screws removal..How????

VikingMG
11th October 2019, 21:42
I got a new rear light cluster for my Zt-t but the joy of It stopped me when I could not get the retaning screws that are boltet to the chassis out?:shrug:

Its just spinning around and having a hard time holding I In place while I turn It and soforth....:duh:

Anybody got a walkthrough or tip for me on this?

Thanks!

Arctic
12th October 2019, 08:29
I got a new rear light cluster for my Zt-t but the joy of It stopped me when I could not get the retaning screws that are boltet to the chassis out?:shrug:

Its just spinning around and having a hard time holding I In place while I turn It and soforth....:duh:

Anybody got a walkthrough or tip for me on this?

Thanks!

Hi Seb.
The rivet nut which the bolt enters as a tiny lip try centre punching this North, South, East & West, it should then slightly attach its self to the body work, add some plus gas let it soak then try to remove the bolt.

T-Cut
12th October 2019, 10:22
I read on here a member successfully used super glue to bond the threaded washer thing to the body and letting it cure, before applying penetrating oil. Let it soak overnight.

TC

macafee2
12th October 2019, 20:01
I read on here a member successfully used super glue to bond the threaded washer thing to the body and letting it cure, before applying penetrating oil. Let it soak overnight.

TC

I was going to suggest a bit of super glue but you beat me to it

macafee2

trikey
12th October 2019, 20:03
I hold a small flatblade screwdriver against the edge of the rivnut, then gently work the screw back and forth using plenty of penetrating oil.

VikingMG
12th October 2019, 22:54
Thanks guys!
I will have another go at it soon..:)

BigRuss
13th October 2019, 13:52
If you manage to remove the screw from the Rivnut fixing lubricate the threads then using a longer screw and a suitable spacer and washers, you can get the Rivnut to grip tighter so it doesn't spin by tightening up the screw ;)

Russ