PDA

View Full Version : 75 Turbo bottom hose Non PRT

Rovernut
17th October 2019, 12:31
Can't seem to find a replacement hose. It's non PRT and runs from the bottom of the radiator to the metal pipe going to the thermostat.

Anyone know where I could source one?
Chris

Rovernut
18th October 2019, 09:02
Anyone breaking a non PRT turbo?
Surely there must be a hose somewhere?

T-Cut
18th October 2019, 12:52
It was a bad move by Rimmer/Xpart to delete all part numbers from their website for stuff they no longer stock. It prevents you looking elsewhere for old stocks that almost certainly exist. They shot themselves in the foot I reckon because some 75/ZTs will get scrapped because of it. A simple 'NLA' would have sufficed.

TC

stevestrat
18th October 2019, 13:21
It was a bad move by Rimmer/Xpart to delete all part numbers from their website for stuff they no longer stock. It prevents you looking elsewhere for old stocks that almost certainly exist. They shot themselves in the foot I reckon because some 75/ZTs will get scrapped because of it. A simple 'NLA' would have sufficed.

TCMaybe the club could make a representation to Rimmers to reinstate the part numbers for stuff they no longer stock themselves. Like most owners I've looked but can't find an alternative parts listing, find it hard to believe there isn't one though :shrug: Incidentally, how did MGR workshops identify part numbers?

TC, you can delete your double posting. Simply click edit then delete.

COLVERT
18th October 2019, 16:04
https://www.carbuilder.com/images/thumbs/0034853.png

Try here for FLEXIBLE car coolant system hoses.

I've used flexible hoses in the past ( Not from this company ) and they work just as well as the OEM part.---:D

Simply cut and bend to fit. They come in a variety of diameters.

Rovernut
19th October 2019, 13:12
Thanks for the suggestions everyone, it looks like I'll have to try and fabricate one somehow.
Never thought it would be a radiator hose that makes me think of getting rid after 16 years of ownership!
Chris

stevestrat
19th October 2019, 14:49
Never thought it would be a radiator hose that makes me think of getting rid after 16 years of ownership!
ChrisThere will be some around but the problems are:
a) what they actually called the hose
b) part number

Off the top of my head try contacting Brown & Gammons or Endon Services.

COLVERT
19th October 2019, 17:55
Anyone breaking a non PRT turbo?
Surely there must be a hose somewhere?

There must be.

As our cars age more are being scrapped.---:eek::eek::eek:

Do you have any car breakers near to where you live ??

T-Cut
19th October 2019, 18:06
There was a thread recently where a member posted a link to a European (?) website that provides MGR Part Numbers. Problem is, I can't find it.
Anyone remember?

TC

COLVERT
19th October 2019, 18:39
What is the hole diameter each end of the hose ???

Flexible Rubber Coolant Hose from Car Builder (https://www.carbuilder.com/uk/flexible-rubber-coolant-hose)

stevestrat
19th October 2019, 19:15
There was a thread recently where a member posted a link to a European (?) website that provides MGR Part Numbers. Problem is, I can't find it.
Anyone remember?

TCThere was a Russian site I've looked at in the past http://static.numcat.ru/ but its dead now.

Been digging and found another Russian site mentioned a few years ago but I'm not posting a link, the current website is . . . . shall we say of adult interest :eek: :panic:

Kev75
19th October 2019, 19:15
https://allbrit.de/NAV.cfm?PAGE=743015&SPRACHE=EN

This is the site you wanted.

Kev

T-Cut
19th October 2019, 20:25
That looks like it, but where are the Part Numbers?
EDIT: OK I see them now.
It seems it doesn't cover the 1.8Turbo.

TC

COLVERT
19th October 2019, 22:16
I can tell by the posts on this thread that nobody has ever used a flexible hose.----:D

The water pipes don't have to be EXPENSIVE special moulded items. They are that way for quick assembly during the cars manufacture to save time and money. They don't work any better than a flexible hose.----:shrug:

Of course with all you well heeled Rover owners I guess money is no object.---:laughing2:----------------------------:target::target::target:

T-Cut
20th October 2019, 10:40
I have a length of the steel-coiled flexible hose on the shelf which I ibought to use for the PRT downpipe and maybe for the upper head to T-piece elbow. I decided against it after experimenting with it. It will provide a good one plane bend, but anything like an s-bend or a two plane bend (like the upper hose) won't work. Like the off the shelf silicone hose, it's fine for taking the path of least resistance, but it does get messy. I do have a home made silicone connection from the head, which forces the T-piece to be rotated. This forces the downpipe to rotate as well, so the routing becomes different and the rear support bracket doesn't receive the downpipe. I removed that so the downpipe has to be supported at the bottom with a home made bracket attached to the subframe. The knock-on effects simply get compounded as you add more non-standard hose.

TC

COLVERT
20th October 2019, 10:59
However, if the moulded pipe becomes truly impossible to find and folk say I MIGHT HAVE TO SCRAP THE CAR----:eek::eek::eek: -A bit of easy adaption to a flexible pipe is the answer.

It seems easy to me, maybe, I guess, because I spent around 15 years as a design draughtsman in a mechanical design office.

A bit of lateral thinking sometimes works wonders.---;););)

T-Cut
20th October 2019, 11:17
I spent 35 years innovating, so I do think as laterally, believe me.

TC

COLVERT
20th October 2019, 18:33
I spent 35 years innovating, so I do think as laterally, believe me.

TC

Of course I knew that--:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

But I know there are others that need a little help.---Hence the basic purpose of this forum.---:D

wixyw
21st October 2019, 08:22
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-MG-ZT-ROVER-75-1-8-TURBO-COOLANT-HOSE-THERMOSTAT-SET-PRT-PCH003021/131969133257?epid=13012584447&hash=item1eb9f92ac9:g:5WcAAOSwNRdX~106

Is the one you need among this ?

Phil

T-Cut
21st October 2019, 08:47
Is the one you need among this?

Unfortunately not.

TC

WillyHeckaslike
21st October 2019, 10:37
A pic of what is needed will help and if the turbo hose in question is made up of a number of pieces and in effect sold as an assembly from new then maybe identify the exact piece in the assembly too.

T-Cut
21st October 2019, 13:27
A pic of what is needed will help and if the turbo hose in question is made up of a number of pieces and in effect sold as an assembly from new then maybe identify the exact piece in the assembly too.

It will be all or part of assembly Item 6 here (Rimmer link).

https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/43d3/2amt6jfrm47xdb56g.jpg

TC

WillyHeckaslike
21st October 2019, 16:19
It looks like it comprises of 4 hoses and 2 unions. At least 3 of the hoses look to be of a common shape and might reasonably be matched to those from other vehicles ... a bit of trimming to the ends may or may not be needed. The top wide hose might be the most difficult to match but maybe not impossibly so. Given that it is an assembly it would help if the op could advise as to which part of the assembly is needed.