PDA

View Full Version : Centre console removal.

jackatesme
29th October 2019, 08:27
Is it possible to remove cigar lighter and cup holder section,without having to remove everything above it first.

clf
29th October 2019, 11:01
Is it possible to remove cigar lighter and cup holder section,without having to remove everything above it first.

You will need to take out the ATC which is a clip off cover and 4 screws - this is very easy. You can do it with only taking out the lower 2 screws, but it would be awkward and possibly easy to damage.

I would imagine if you had the manual heating controls it would be a little more awkward, however, I think it would still be the same procedure.

If the ATC, remove it, unplug, move gear selector or stick into 2nd and how I do it, is slide my hand over the top of the cup holder section, holding the rear of the unit, then lean down towards the floor of the car with that hand, and lift the front upwards gently with the other (it clips in at the front).

jackatesme
30th October 2019, 17:59
Alan,Got the climate control out,but having trouble disconnecting the heated seat plugs. Do I need to press some part of the plug to release it.Thanks John.

clf
30th October 2019, 18:05
Alan,Got the climate control out,but having trouble disconnecting the heated seat plugs. Do I need to press some part of the plug to release it.Thanks John.They can be left in place. But yes there are sections to press.

The black unit that holds all the buttons simply pulls forward. The buttons slide forward out of this which should give you room to find the section to press. Failing that, they should be flexible enough for you to manipulate the drinks holder/ashtray unit out.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

jackatesme
30th October 2019, 18:15
Thanks,should have remembered this from when i put in the rear blind switch some months ago. But, at that age of a short memory.:D

jackatesme
31st October 2019, 11:54
Job done,took it all out to find why no power to cig lighter,all it needed was cleaning socket.:} The section to press on heated seat plug is on the underside,which would be a little easier if it was on top of plug.:shrug: