PDA

View Full Version : Headlamps question/anybody selling any dipped beam covers?!

Chunky2778
30th October 2019, 17:55
Hi all, 04 plate zt with the standard headlamps, I've polished them twice and they're not faded anymore but still unimpressed with the light output.

Fitted some osram nightbreakers today and noticed both covers are missing.

Will this affect the light output as light can escape from the rear or does the reflector take care of that and they're only for water ingress purposes?

Next question is does anyone have some for sale at all please or could they let me know how wide they are so I can get some ordered or make something up?

COLVERT
30th October 2019, 17:57
The covers are just to keep the dust and damp out.

Won't affect light output.

operamagorum
30th October 2019, 18:09
Mickyboy is your man, but he's off for two weeks

Geoff

Mickyboy
30th October 2019, 19:36
I can still sort these as they are bits off the shelf mate
Mick

Chunky2778
31st October 2019, 10:17
Thanks, how much are they please?

Still not overly enamoured with my headlamps, other than checking the alignment again is there anything else that causes this?

suzublu
31st October 2019, 10:41
Thanks, how much are they please?

Still not overly enamoured with my headlamps, other than checking the alignment again is there anything else that causes this?Are the bulbs seated correctly?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Chunky2778
31st October 2019, 11:17
Are the bulbs seated correctly?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using TapatalkI believe so, fitted them yesterday, they're the type that twist in after fitting into the cage so hopefully Ive not got them wrong.......

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

COLVERT
31st October 2019, 16:10
I believe so, fitted them yesterday, they're the type that twist in after fitting into the cage so hopefully Ive not got them wrong.......

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

If you shine them onto a vertical surface like a wall you will easily see if the beam pattern is distorted. A bulb not seated correctly will distort the pattern.