PDA

View Full Version : Brakes squeaking at low speed

peelaaa
9th November 2019, 21:06
Hi,

Car has squeaking brakes but only appears when applying brakes at low speed (less than 20mph) and stays squeaking until standstill. No vibration or pulling to one side. Brakes are excellent other than for the squeaking noise.

Discs are not scored (rear discs, pads and shoes replaced last year) and front pads plenty of life so what is going on?

thanks

marinabrian
9th November 2019, 22:03
Hi,

Car has squeaking brakes but only appears when applying brakes at low speed (less than 20mph) and stays squeaking until standstill. No vibration or pulling to one side. Brakes are excellent other than for the squeaking noise.

Discs are not scored (rear discs, pads and shoes replaced last year) and front pads plenty of life so what is going on?

thanks

I'm prepared to bet the pads are Mintex.........I had exactly the same issue with some Mintex pads I fitted about six weeks ago, which is why I fitted a set of Unipart ones as quickly as I could get them ;)

Brian :D

peelaaa
3rd January 2020, 19:54
Finally got around to fixing the noise.

Fitted a set of rear bosch pads and squealing now gone. I did note that the edges of the original pads were flat and not chamfered like the bosch ones.