PDA

View Full Version : Restarting meets in the south east

BRG75
4th February 2020, 06:03
PLEASE NOTE DATE CHANGED TO 1st MARCH, due to clash with Classic Car Show, London

Are there enough of us?

A breakfast meet is arranged for SUNDAY 1st MARCH, at the Toby in MAIDSTONE. 9.15 to eat at 9.30.

POST CODE ME17 3FU

All you can eat Breakfast, which Jan & I went to last Sunday to check out venue etc. Full details on their web site.

Please respond if you can make this, or if you can't but would have liked to.

In the later case, please tell me if it's the date or location, that is the problem.

Any other comments you might wish to make, welcomed.

Please be aware that this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club Meet, and as such is not covered by the owners club Public Liability Insurance. Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet in any way.

A very promising start; only 2 days in, and we have 4 cars & 5 people.

Booked In
1,2) Mike & Jan
3) oldmanlogan
4) Jennifer
5) Steve-45
6) Unicorn1 (not eating)
7) G.F

Maybe
1) Flying Banana

Mike
BRG75

FLYING BANANA
4th February 2020, 07:26
Highly unlikely that I can make the meet but I hope it all goes well and you get a few more to turn up.

Oldmanlogan
5th February 2020, 11:36
Yes please sign me up

BRG75
5th February 2020, 15:35
Thank you,

You're on the list.

Mike

Raven Black
5th February 2020, 17:30
I would like to come, TBC pending conf. of time off from work.

thanks,

Jennifer

BRG75
5th February 2020, 19:18
Thanks for your support, much appreciated.

I hope you can make it, and look forward to seeing you.

PS I also speak MG-B. with a not yet back on the road '66 roadster at the back of my garage, if that's permitted on this site.

Regards

Mike

Raven Black
5th February 2020, 19:30
My MG is the daily driver, at the moment I am looking for a roof rack/bars for it, don't suppose you know where I can get hold of some??

thanks, and btw I was able to book the time off so am now confirmed.

steve-45
5th February 2020, 20:57
As Maidstone is not too far away from me, count me in please . :}

BRG75
6th February 2020, 06:11
Thank you, you're on the list.

As others seem to do, I have now posted the list at the end of the invitation post (No.1)
and will keep this updated.

Regards

Mike

Lord of Hog
6th February 2020, 06:39
I can't make that date but hopefully will be available for others, particularly if they're in Mid Sussex!

BRG75
6th February 2020, 07:56
Thanks Jennifer, glad you will be there.

I'll send you a pm re roof rack / bars.

Regards
Mike

BRG75
6th February 2020, 08:06
Lord of the Hogg,

Thanks for your interest, and I'm hopeful now that there will be further meets.

My thoughts are to use 2 or 3 venues, with locations geared to attendees addresses, on a rotational basis.

To expand a little more, I envisage Breakfast Meets in the winter, and road runs / visits to places of interest, in the summer months.

Not very imaginative, I know; but well tried and tested elsewhere.

Regards

Mike

Unicorn1
6th February 2020, 10:04
Hi Mike

Count me in - I can't get there for breakfast though, but shouldn't be much later!

The other ideas for meets sound good too.

Regards

Les

FLYING BANANA
6th February 2020, 10:37
Seeing as there is a change of date then add me as a maybee please.

BRG75
6th February 2020, 11:26
Hi Unicorn1,

Look forward to seeing you, the breakfast is a rolling buffet thing, but tea / coffee is also sold separately.

If you want to PM me with your mobile number, I'll reciprocate, and we can make sure of the timing.

Bob,

Great if you can, entered as a maybe, as requested.

Regards

Mike

BRG75
15th February 2020, 07:18
I asked the question "are there enough of us" - Well yes, there are.

An invitation to a breakfast meet in MAIDSTONE, on Sunday March 1st 2020, has now been responded to as follows :-

Booked in - 5 cars, 6 people

Maybe - 1 car and person

Would have, but can't make this date - 2 cars & people.

Thus; a restart is on the books, and follow on events will be arranged.

Thank you.

Regards

Mike

G.F
15th February 2020, 07:53
Great to see someone giving this a go!
From little acorns.....
I'll be there.

BRG75
15th February 2020, 08:16
Thanks Gary,

I've added you to the list (1st post)

Regards

Mike

BRG75
24th February 2020, 11:07
A quick reminder for our Breakfast Meet this coming Sunday, 1st March.

The final anticipated number is 7 members, in 6 cars.

The Toby at Maidstone is next door to an (Aldi?) supermarket, and it is easy to go into their car park by mistake.

As you approach both the supermarket and the Toby, you will find their entrances are off a side road, at the rear.

Simply take the last carpark entrance, which is the Toby, and you can then drive round to the front of the building, which is were the front door is.

Look forward to meeting every one,

Mike
Regards

BRG75
29th February 2020, 07:48
Just to say that the weather forecast for Maidstone, tomorrow, is dry with sunny intervals and a moderate breeze. No guarantee of course, but worth mentioning.

Also, it puts the meeting into "Today's Posts"; in case any of the new members this month, happen to live in the South East.

I know I could check this myself, but we've got the builders in at the moment, and time is just evaporating.

Regards

Mike & Jan

Raven Black
1st March 2020, 11:49
Thank you Mike and Jan for organising today's meet. Great to see you all and look forward to next time, hopefully some more members will attend.
Thank you Jennifer

FLYING BANANA
1st March 2020, 12:25
Glad you had a good meet. The adverse weather down here prevented me attending. Maybe next time.

Oldmanlogan
1st March 2020, 13:02
Cheers Mike a good start! Nice to have met everyone hopefully we can all get the ball rolling regarding new meets and rallys

BRG75
5th March 2020, 13:29
6 members, in 5 cars, attended the re-start of SOUTH EAST MEETS, on a sunny Sunday, the 1st March.

Additionally, a further 4 members would have liked to attend, but were unable to do so.

A very encouraging start, and THANK YOU to all who are supporting this.

In order to avoid Public Holiday's in April, the next meeting is early May, and thereafter at 4 to 6 week intervals.

Please watch the Regional Events Forum: The South East, for up to date details.

Regards

Mike