PDA

View Full Version : South East Events - June 2020

BRG75
3rd March 2020, 11:29
OBVIOUSLY STILL CANCELLED, BUT A SMALL UPDATE

SORRY, NOW CANCELLED

A DATE FOR THE DIARY -

We have an invitation to a very well established Steam and Transport Rally, on Sunday 28th June. (2020 is it's 41st year)

Our cars are eligible to exhibit, and I am waiting to see how many of us they can accommodate. They normally attract 600 odd vehicles.

Full details at https://wrothamclassic.org/

Located very close to Brands Hatch, and near to the M20 / M25 junction.

More details in due course.

Full details are now in post 6

Highly recommended (if it's your cup of tea)
I have been most years, since the mid 1980's.

A show of interest would be appreciated, before bookings open in April.

PS. it is in the diary, for June.
It is also in for March (finger trouble) and I am waiting for a moderator to delete it, (as I seem unable to do so)

Entries / Interest logged with myself

1) BRG75
2) Jan
3) Unicorn1
4) Oldmanlogan
5) Simon,Jane
6) Rick-Sta

Entries Recorded with the Organisers

1) BRG75 (Mike) 75 2.5 Saloon
2) Jan 75 1.8 Saloon
3) Oldmanlogan 75 Tourer

Regards

Mike & Jan

Unicorn1
3rd March 2020, 12:29
Hi Mile & Jan

Definitely interested in this, I've not been before.

Regards

Les

Oldmanlogan
3rd March 2020, 15:10
Hi Mike and Jan ,excellent choice I e been to this one in my triumph dolomite,so count me in

simon.jane
3rd March 2020, 15:23
Me and the wife would interested so that would mean two cars for you

Rick-sta
3rd March 2020, 15:47
Interested. May be able to bring either the typhoon or Redfive to this. Will keep an eye on this thread :)

Well done for looking into this/getting an invitation. Not very often we get anyone organising a stand for our cars as these events down in the south in recent years.

BRG75
10th March 2020, 13:12
We now have a reservation for 10 cars, with the organisers.

If this turns out to be insufficient, then it can be increased, but by how many will be decided closer to the cut off date.

The message therefore is to get your entry in ASAP.

The April 1st date that I mentioned in the original post, relates to the sale of tickets to the public.

Exhibitors entries are open now ( I have just done mine) and close on the 30th April. This however is to guarantee a programme entry, and later entries will be accepted. My thoughts are that this will be until they have no space left, (I emphasise, only my thoughts)

They have a well organised on-line booking system, on their web site; this does mean however that I can't make a block booking.
All 75 & ZT members need to register their car, with reg. number, onto their system, in order to gain entry on the day.
You will find a box to nominate the club name, and also various categories, ending with "Other".
I put in "Future Classics" and probably best if we all do the same.

There is no charge, but a voluntarily donation of £5.00 (minimum) is requested.

Any further questions, please contact me, and I will sort out answers.

Entries to be made at https://wrothamclassic.org/

Finally, please then put a quick note on the end of this post, so that I can build up an entry list, on post 1.

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the clubs public liability insurance.
Also the Owners club take no responsibility for the meet in any way.

Regards

Mike

BRG75
11th March 2020, 05:52
To bump this back up the listings, as ENTRIES now OPEN,

see post 6, and 1

BRG75
3rd June 2020, 06:46
I have just received an e-mail from the Friends of Wrotham, saying that my entry donation is being refunded.

I was not expecting this, and will return it, but I think it say's a lot for their organisation and integrity.

Here's to next year, at Wrotham, and hopefully something like a picnic (at least) before the end of this year.

I know of a couple of local farmers / land owners, but nothing can be arranged yet.

Regards

Mike