PDA

View Full Version : How to fit spare wheel cover with full sized spare

Robti
20th March 2020, 06:54
Hi I asked a while back but can anyone help on how to fit a tourer spare wheel cover ( the the optional one fitted with the storage trays)with a full sized spare, mine keeps the boot floor up an inch

macafee2
20th March 2020, 07:32
can you add a picture of how you have it installed?
Is the tray the right way round?

macafee2

Robti
20th March 2020, 07:35
can you add a picture of how you have it installed?
Is the tray the right way round?

macafee2

can only fit one way, item no. 15 the well will not fit with a full sized spare
https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-GRID001851

Arctic
20th March 2020, 19:09
can only fit one way, item no. 15 the well will not fit with a full sized spare
https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-GRID001851

I have got one in the shed I will try it out tomorrow for you, have you also added the poly edges which the tools fit into, and the ones that do not are different so that maybe your problem?

3disco
20th March 2020, 22:59
I cut the flange off about an inch down then overlapped it with the base part and glued and used a couple of pop rivets to hold the two parts together.:}

Robti
21st March 2020, 04:46
I have got one in the shed I will try it out tomorrow for you, have you also added the poly edges which the tools fit into, and the ones that do not are different so that maybe your problem?

Thanks mate correct surroundings fitted

Robti
21st March 2020, 04:47
I cut the flange off about an inch down then overlapped it with the base part and glued and used a couple of pop rivets to hold the two parts together.:}

Don’t suppose you have any pics as I think I will end up having to do this if I want to keep a full size spare

3disco
21st March 2020, 09:51
I will take a picture later but am a bit of a technophobe so if you pm your email address I will send it to you.:}

3disco
21st March 2020, 12:11
Pictures sent hopefully

Arctic
21st March 2020, 18:15
Thanks mate correct surroundings fitted

Hi Robert.
As promised I tried the wheel cover on the tourer today, and as you say it sits high, with a full size wheel, that maybe because I have a 225/40/18 eleven spoke spare in the well? I know that on my first tourer which had a full size 17 inch Serpent alloy spare wheel the cover fitted perfect.

I removed the tool holder insert, replaced it with the cover and as you can see the floor sits proud :shrug:

What size wheel do you have the well.

Robti
21st March 2020, 18:53
Hi Robert.
As promised I tried the wheel cover on the tourer today, and as you say it sits high, with a full size wheel, that maybe because I have a 225/40/18 eleven spoke spare in the well? I know that on my first tourer which had a full size 17 inch Serpent alloy spare wheel the cover fitted perfect.

I removed the tool holder insert, replaced it with the cover and as you can see the floor sits proud :shrug:

What size wheel do you have the well.

Exactly what mi e looks like with a18” straight in it

3disco
21st March 2020, 18:54
Pictures sent again hopefully.

Robti
22nd March 2020, 13:56
some pics from Ian (3disco) of his modification to the spare wheel housing cover