PDA

View Full Version : TomTom connection to head unit

paul4pcp
14th February 2007, 23:21
Can this be done using the audio cable provided and is it worth doing?

Rich
14th February 2007, 23:23
TomTom model?

TomTom version?

Headunit model?

Cable provided by TomTom or MGR or Connects2 or etc.

More info Paul... ;)

paul4pcp
15th February 2007, 09:45
Sorry Rich it was late. Tom Tom 910-new. Symphony head unit. Im using the bluetooth link to my mobile and the only cable I have is the one provided by Tom Tom but im open to ideas. Thanks.

Paul

paul4pcp
16th February 2007, 12:23
IVe just removed the head unit to see whats there and I guessmy new question is is there an aux input into the symphony and if there is how do you switch to it?

Rich
16th February 2007, 13:35
The Symphony has no aux in so you have two options I guess Paul.

1) Buy a Connects2 type kit which will sit inline with the cd changer and route your audio in there

2) Buy something like what Parrot use that mutes the radio and plays the audio out the car speakers

Neither option really are ideal, but that's about all I can come up with!

Rich
16th February 2007, 13:37
Can the 910 stream audio out via Bluetooth?

If so, would a parrot kit (which can also be used for your phone) paired up to TomTom work?

paul4pcp
17th February 2007, 10:19
Thanks Rich. Ive spoken to connect 2 an they dont do anything specific. Tom Tom have just launched (still limited availability) an FM transmitter mount which solves most of the issues, so ive ordered one. Watch this space.

Paul

Simon W
21st February 2007, 13:39
The Symphony has no aux in so you have two options I guess Paul.

1) Buy a Connects2 type kit which will sit inline with the cd changer and route your audio in there

2) Buy something like what Parrot use that mutes the radio and plays the audio out the car speakers

Neither option really are ideal, but that's about all I can come up with!

Rich - similar question to Paul's.

Do you know if there's a way of feeding the sound from a Navman F20 into the car's audio system (Symphony & CD changer)?

Rich
21st February 2007, 16:31
All of the above applies to anything you want to feed into your existing ICE really, be it mp3 player, tomtom, ps2, etc :)

paul4pcp
6th March 2007, 10:39
:) My TomTom fm tranmitter mount arrived yesterday upgraded the software and it works brilliantly. MP3's through the car stereo, hands free phone and sat nav instruction mute music. A good solution.

Paul

Simon W
6th March 2007, 11:22
All of the above applies to anything you want to feed into your existing ICE really, be it mp3 player, tomtom, ps2, etc :)

I can't see how to get an 'Audio Out' feed from the F20 though.

Rich
6th March 2007, 12:28
Paul, excellent news, any chance of some photos of the gadget?

Simon, this could be a problem then :) Does it have a headphone socket or bluetooth?

Simon W
6th March 2007, 12:44
Simon, this could be a problem then :) Does it have a headphone socket or bluetooth?

I don't think it has either Rich. All I can find is a memory card slot, a mini USB port and an external antenna socket. It might be possible to solder some wires onto to the built-in speaker feed but obviously that would invalidate the warranty.

I don't know if the mini USB port is any use - it's probably just for power feed.

EDIT: I just found this accessory http://www.navman.com/Navman/Templates/productinformation____69030.aspx