PDA

View Full Version : Computer not working!

whitey75
16th December 2008, 09:54
Alright,

Little problem, I noticed the light was on where the mileage and temperature are shown on the clocks after I had switched everything off. I checked the computer and it didnt work, not even warning of low fuel.

Theres nothing at all but the light for the mileage stays on all the time.

Any idea whats wrong with it???

Cheers

T-Cut
16th December 2008, 10:26
A fairly common glitch. Try a 15 minute battery-off reboot. Ensure you have the radio code and you know how to enter it afterwards. Any satnav gear needs to be shut down according to the manual too.

Ensure the plenum is dry.

TC

whitey75
16th December 2008, 12:09
A fairly common glitch. Try a 15 minute battery-off reboot. Ensure you have the radio code and you know how to enter it afterwards. Any satnav gear needs to be shut down according to the manual too.

TC

Not sure I have the radio code! Is there anything else I can try or is this normally the problem/fix?

Cheers

Moonstone
16th December 2008, 15:25
This has always fixed it for others. You can try instead removing the fuse for the instrument cluster. Unfortunately, the manual lists several, so you might need to try each in turn. Let us know which one works!

JohnDotCom
16th December 2008, 22:32
If you have Hi Line Sat Nav in your Car they don't have a code
just follow correct shutdown procedures before disconnecting battery.

whitey75
19th December 2008, 13:16

TC

Ok I went on the site on here for radio codes and saved it incase I needed it. Went outside, disconnected the battery, left it for about 20 minutes, connected it again...

:xmas-smiley-041:

Thanks alot!!! Simplest thing that I would not think of. Didnt need a code either. That was simpler than changing the indicator bulb! lol

:christmas:

Telferstr
19th December 2008, 13:41
Ok I went on the site on here for radio codes and saved it incase I needed it. Went outside, disconnected the battery, left it for about 20 minutes, connected it again...

:xmas-smiley-041:

Thanks alot!!! Simplest thing that I would not think of. Didnt need a code either. That was simpler than changing the indicator bulb! lol

:christmas:

Well done.
Now just a "wee" request for the free advice.
How about becoming a Red Member and join up by paying the £3 annual subscription fee by clicking on the subscription icon at the top of the page. I know the Moderators will be delighted, but are too polite to ask.:christmas:
Regards,
Telfer.