PDA

View Full Version : 2020 - Post Restrictions

BRG75
27th June 2020, 08:19
I mentioned a little while ago about a picnic based event, on private land.
Nothing came of this, because of toilet arrangements.

At the time, the legality was uncertain, but looking possible, just.
In hindsight, I don't think that it would have been legal.

I then started to look at Council owned leisure parks etc. but whilst some were starting to open, their toilet facilities weren't.

That stumbling block has now largely gone.
I believe that 2 households without social distance, can now meet, indoors; whilst unlimited households can meet outdoors, if a 6' 6" safety margin is maintained.

If, after 4th July, pubdependance day (plus something going on in the States) we can organise anything, we will do so.

Of course, the weather will be a gamble, but showerproof gazebos will help, plus guarantee the air gap.

Mike & Jan

Raven Black
28th June 2020, 17:10
Surely with restaurants etc opening we can have a meet
Soon somewhere, but it is difficult even outdoors without access to, ahem, facilities.
In any case this thing has largely gone from most areas.

Number 6
28th June 2020, 17:41
Probably stirring the pot here,

But when you get thousands of people crowding on to beaches in an uncontrolled mass, And uncontrolled Protester's causing mayhem in the streets Are the councils and police going to bother about a dozen cars and drivers having a small get together? But then again they more than likely would as they would be seen as an easy target.:shrug:

coolguy
28th June 2020, 18:50
In any case this thing has largely gone from most areas.

Still over 100 deaths a day says otherwise!

Number 6
28th June 2020, 19:52
Still over 100 deaths a day says otherwise!

I will be honest with you, I do not believe the quoted figures.

I know of several instances where people have died from things other than Covid-19 But on the death certificate it was stated "Cause of Death Covid-19".

One death was cirrhosis of the liver but still put down as Covid-19:shrug:

Also If there are all these deaths where are all the bodies stored and where are all the funerals?.

Think about it.

?

Raven Black
28th June 2020, 20:01
Far more die each day from all the diseases left untreated because of this, it's been unbelievable how much this has been overblown, world's gone mad.

Robson Rover Repair
29th June 2020, 03:15
I'm working front line in care homes and in a covid 19 centre here in Northern Ireland. I'm also working for a pharmaceutical company.

I can tell you when your watching elderly people die of acute and untreatable respritory failure, seing it first hand it might change your mind. I've also lost colleagues who where exposed early front line before protection / detection methods where half as regular.

Covid 19 is no joke.

The government is only opening the country up to stop it going bankrupt. If you don't understand why any victim is being recorded as Covid 19 if they attend hospital, pass away (say heart failure) but test positive for covid 19 it's quite simple.

If it's suspected that covid 19 has contributed in any form to the passing of the patient then its recorded as such. Why? OK look at it like this. Death certificates have immediate primary cause of death on it, as well as secondary factors.

Put simply, if there is any doubt at all that there was anything that contributed towards the passing, in the United Kingdom a certificate of death must have all the listed details, not only to stop malpractice suits against those who provided treatment but additionally as required by insurance companies who love to wiggle out of payments any way possible.

Covid has not caused these examples of deaths outright, however the treatment in place it will be a secondary factor and be listed as such as a contribution to the passing. However there are those who have purely died from the covid 19 infection as primary cause of death.

The opposite side of that would be someone who does from a car crash and bleed out. The primary recording of death there would be losses of blood / hemeraging to death with the car crash incident actually being a secondary cause.

Where the confusion lies is that a contributing factor is publicly recorded as a cause of death alongside the primary factor in the United Kingdom, Ireland and European Union as required for their annual cause of death statistics. Yes, good old eu strikes again.

Additionally no gp is going to go against recording that covid 19 wasn't a contribution in someone's death of they pass away having tested positive for it, in the same form that hiv, aids, even the common flu would be recorded as a secondary cause. They would loose their medical lisence, and additionally then they must take precautions to protect further contamination to themselves or other family members of the bereived.

Its not a con, its just that everyone is focusing (and being fed misinformation from media outlets) that it's the only cause of deaths when it's either a contribution or the main cause. And that's the danger the public arnt being effectively shown.

Simple fact, wave 2 is coming. If wave 2 has any strain of mutation then frankly we are in serious trouble. Look at the Spanish flu after World War 1. Killed more people globally than the war itself.

Les4048
29th June 2020, 04:01
Far more die each day from all the diseases left untreated because of this, it's been unbelievable how much this has been overblown, world's gone mad.

My girlfriend had it and nearly died from it, she had to be monitored 24/7 for three days and seeing as she stays at the other end of the country I can’t see her. Forty seven people in one day died at the hospital she was in so it’s no joke and people like you really annoy her and me also. You try sitting watching someone trying to breath and can’t get any breath and you may change your mind about it being overblown, it’s real and that’s why the idiots who flout lock down rules should be prosecuted :mad::mad:

BRG75
29th June 2020, 09:08
Colin & Les,
Thank you for your comments, and I doubt if many people would disagree with the details provided.

Personally, I certainly don't underestimate the potential seriousness of a highly contagious disease, which quite clearly targets it's victims breathing capacity.

I also agree with the likelihood of a second wave. Hopefully re-erecting the Nightingale Hospitals, together with the medical professions increased understanding of the disease, will help.

However, we can't just roll over and wait; business, education and recreation simply must go on, or yes bankruptcy would be around the corner.

Again, personally, I think that the government, albeit with a (very) slow start, are getting the balance right, between "life" as we knew it, and "life" protection.

Our son (late 40's) almost certainly caught the bug, around March. He very nearly took himself to the medics, but did slowly recover, with respiratory problems lasting a further 6 weeks or so.

I believe that I also caught it, at a hospital knee replacement clinic, in February. Most of the commonly reported symptoms, now long gone, except breathlessness. Still get this 5 months on.

I only mention the above, to suggest that there are degrees of severity, and that an Italian Doctor believes that he is seeing the severity decreasing.

We should be ready for a second wave, hopefully not mutated, but we can't hide away from it.

I think that now it might be advisable to ask a moderator to split these two topics, South East Events & Corona 19, into separate headings, so that both can get an equal airing.

I will do this separately.

Regards

Mike

FLYING BANANA
29th June 2020, 12:10
Please stay on the topic posted up by the OP, and not wander off course. Otherwise this thread will end up being political.

And we all know how it will end.

G.F
5th July 2020, 15:46
Number 6. You got me thinking.
I'm inclined to agree i don't think the figures are correct. I think it's far worse!

And to add to the list, 2 days ago I had to cremate my mother. The hardest thing I've ever had to do.
Cause of death covid-19.
She tested positive. Beat it. (Pretty good going for an 87 year old). Technically she died of other ailments which were also included on the death certificate but without covid-19 weakening her body she'd still be alive today.
I, like you, could not take the threat seriously at the start. But I did my bit and followed the rules. Now I'm one of at least 47000 families in this country who have gone through the worst this disease can bring.
I have no axe to grind. I'm not blaming anyone, except maybe the source of the disease, but what does make my blood boil is the arrogance of people that disrespect others by thinking it won't happen to them. It could and it's devastating but also you could pass it on to someone who might die from it too. Also, medical professionals are now saying being cured of covid-19 doesn't always mean you are totally well again. It could mean you'll have an increased risk of heart attack, stroke and possibly require a lung transplant.
It could be 60 years before the actual full impact and implications are known. And that's from this wave only.
So go ahead, pack out the pubs and clubs and in 20 years when you need new lungs and there aren't any because all the healthy ones are either being used or you're too far down the list of importance, I hope you don't look back wishing you'd maybe done a bit more to stop it spreading.

Anyway, good job I was only thinking all that and didn't write it down..........

I'm up for a drive out to somewhere open. In the South East it's not so difficult to find somewhere we can visit and still follow the guidance. Bring it on!
Look forward to seeing some other R40s and their owners.
Suggestions of places to go..... Battle of Britain Museum Hawkinge. Or we could get takeaways and park near the coast when the morons packing the beaches have started heading home.
A socially distant mini car show / meet would be doable.

BRG75
5th July 2020, 17:12
Very sorry to hear about your mother Gary, please accept our sincere commiserations, Mike & Jan.

With regards to a drive out to somewhere open, that's probably the best that we can do at the moment; and I do have somewhere in mind.

We've been thinking about the fish market, in Old Hastings. Parking is available on the beach (chargeable) and there are both fresh white fish and shell fish stalls there, going from memory.

I suspect that they are more likely to be open on a Saturday, than a Sunday, but I'll check that out.

Once I can put some firm details up, I'll do so.

Regards

Mike & Jan