PDA

View Full Version : Life on Mars

mach1rob
15th February 2007, 21:30
As the new series started again Tuesday night, and the fact I missed 90% of the first series as I missed the first 15 minutes of the first episode, so I never bothered with it, I went out and bought the Series 1 box set which arrived this morning. What's that got to do with us I hear you ask? Well the first 10-15 mins of Episode 1 are set in the modern day, not 1973, and what's the first thing you get to see? Not 1 but 2 facelift 75s :D Followed shortly after with a good 5 or 6, all on BX05 plates and bar one that was in full police checkerboard livery they were all SILVER!

Just in case no one has seen it, if you're a Sweeney fan, then you'll love it :D

Apologies if it's been mentioned before, but it was a nice suprise to see 75s screeching about on the telly :D :bowdown:

Zeb
15th February 2007, 21:33
As the new series started again Tuesday night, and the fact I missed 90% of the first series as I missed the first 15 minutes of the first episode, so I never bothered with it, I went out and bought the Series 1 box set which arrived this morning. What's that got to do with us I hear you ask? Well the first 10-15 mins of Episode 1 are set in the modern day, not 1973, and what's the first thing you get to see? Not 1 but 2 facelift 75s :D Followed shortly after with a good 5 or 6, all on BX05 plates and bar one that was in full police checkerboard livery they were all SILVER!

Just in case no one has seen it, if you're a Sweeney fan, then you'll love it :D

Apologies if it's been mentioned before, but it was a nice suprise to see 75s screeching about on the telly :D :bowdown:

Don'tcha know? All good Martians have silver Rovers ;).

Great series btw....

JohnDotCom
15th February 2007, 21:37
Still wondering how it will all end, best Cop program since the Sweeney and Hill Street Blues imo.

Z135T
15th February 2007, 22:38
Still wondering how it will all end, best Cop program since the Sweeney and Hill Street Blues imo.

showing your age,but great to see a totally politically incorrect prog,reminds me how good life was before we all went beserk with PC.Mind you I'm not say we should return back to those none PC days for everything.If you get my drift.

Kandyman
16th February 2007, 06:28
All i can say is SKY + :D

JohnDotCom
16th February 2007, 07:18
All i can say is SKY + :D
Why didn't I think of that excuse (cause I dont have Sky but still would have been good)!

EnEnGee
16th February 2007, 13:56
For those of us in the Smoke, the Evening Standard are handing out free DVD of Series 1 Ep 1 & 2 with today's paper. Not much use without Ep 3-8 I suppose but it's free and it's the one with the 75s in.