PDA

View Full Version : Temperature sensor

FLYING BANANA
3rd May 2021, 11:46
Can anyone show me a picture of what the outside temperature sensor looks like. It’s for Banana.

stevestrat
3rd May 2021, 11:53
Pic from Rimmers.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51154325177_2f00ac3e09.jpg

trikey
3rd May 2021, 13:00
If you need one Bob just shout, I have some new old stock ones.

FLYING BANANA
3rd May 2021, 13:25
If you need one Bob just shout, I have some new old stock ones.

Could I have one please. Fed up with Banana showing me minus 30 all the time.

stevestrat
3rd May 2021, 16:55
Could I have one please. Fed up with Banana showing me minus 30 all the time.Its pre-empting the new ice age caused by global warming.

FLYING BANANA
7th May 2021, 10:26
Received a new sensor from Trikey this morning. Many thanks for his help.

That’s what the club is all about, helping one and other out. Makes me proud to be a member.

Just need Mr. Darke to fit it for me.

FLYING BANANA
28th May 2021, 15:43
Does the outside temperature sensor have a fuse? If so where please.

stevestrat
28th May 2021, 15:49
If its still showing -30 Bob bear in mind it won't show the correct temperature immediately, needs a while to come to grips with reality after being connected.

dattrike
28th May 2021, 15:54
No fuse, it's a thermistor, resistance changes with temperature. Make sure the contacts are clean, also the contacts in the loom connector when the bumper comes off. My diesel one was corroded in the arch loom where the bumper wiring connects.
Corrosion will alter the resistance to a much higher figure hence the - 30 reading.

FLYING BANANA
28th May 2021, 17:02
Checked the live feed with a multi meter and no power showing. Was going to try a battery reset

SD1too
29th May 2021, 08:05
Checked the live feed with a multi meter and no power showing.
Hi Bob,

This sensor is wired directly to the instrument pack. Did you manage to place your meter across the black/slate and orange wires with the sensor still connected? If it was disconnected then your reading may be unreliable depending upon the circuit design inside the IPK.

We know that the minus 30 reading results from an open circuit. There's just one connector involved. It's a six pin grey square plug/socket and you'll find it in the front corner of the engine compartment on the LH side near the fog lamp (the other pins carry the lamp's harness). Check that the orange and black/slate connections are making good contact. I can send you a photograph if you need it.

Simon

FLYING BANANA
29th May 2021, 08:12
Hi Bob,

This sensor is wired directly to the instrument pack. Did you manage to place your meter across the black/slate and orange wires with the sensor still connected? If it was disconnected then your reading may be unreliable depending upon the circuit design inside the IPK.

We know that the minus 30 reading results from an open circuit. There's just one connector involved. It's a six pin grey square plug/socket and you'll find it in the front corner of the engine compartment on the LH side near the fog lamp (the other pins carry the lamp's harness). Check that the orange and black/slate connections are making good contact. I can send you a photograph if you need it.

Simon

Thanks Simon I’ll pass the info onto Matt when I’m back at his place as there are still a few jobs to be done on Banana.