PDA

View Full Version : The South East Breakfast Meet - Sunday 12th September

BRG75
23rd August 2021, 08:43
First of all, apologies for lack of a meeting recently; simply no dates could be arranged.

Date
Sunday 12th September 2021,

Time
9.15 for 9.30 at table(s)

Venue

TOBY Carvery, (at Badgers Mount)
London Road
Halstead,
Kent
TN14 7AD

(3 mins. from M25 Jct. 4)

Directions
Leave M25 at Jct.4 (from either direction)
Take the M-way Extension dual Carriageway to a roundabout
Take 1st left, sign posted, Badgers Mount & Sevenoaks
In approx. 1 mile, 2nd exit (straight over) a roundabout
The Toby Carvery is then 100 yards on Right Hand side.

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the clubs public liability insurance. Also the Owners club take no responsibility for the meet in any way.

Regards

Mike

I will add name(s) below,

1 Mike & Jan (eating)
2 Rob and Vandra (eating)
3 Raven Black (eating)
4 Steve-45 (eating)

BRG75
24th August 2021, 09:43
A quick bump, and to add that this particular Toby is currently being refurbished; reopening on the weekend before Sunday 12th.

Edenrob
25th August 2021, 22:16
Add me in please

Rob and Vandra

Raven Black
26th August 2021, 06:29
I will come, time off permitting, tbc.

BRG75
26th August 2021, 07:13
We look forward to seeing you again Jennifer; if you can make it.

I'll be popping in after their refit, just to check things out.

Meeting up with the American car group is of course pot luck, but nice when it happens.

Last week Denham had a gathering of motor cyclists, maybe these Toby breakfasts are growing.

Best Wishes

Mike & Jan

Raven Black
26th August 2021, 20:56
Hi Mike I can confirm I will attend. When I spoke to the car club the last time I saw them at the Red Barn, lingfield, they said they had switched the meets to there because of problems with badgers mount. They are now meeting 1st and 3rd Saturday there instead.
See you soon.

Raven Black
26th August 2021, 21:01
Hi Mike I can confirm I will attend. When I spoke to the car club the last time I saw them at the Red Barn, lingfield, they said they had switched the meets to there because of problems with badgers mount. They are now meeting 1st and 3rd Saturday there instead.
See you soon.
Btw I can't remember the name of the club but they are exhibiting their cars at the Edenbridge and oxted show next to red barn this Sunday and Monday.

steve-45
26th August 2021, 22:06
Hi Mike,
I’ll be attending too, much better than cooking your own breakfast. :drool4:

BRG75
27th August 2021, 06:59
Thanks for this Jennifer,

I've just looked up the Red Barn, and they don't appear to do breakfasts, but do offer food from 11.00am.

Maybe a brunch, I'll visit it and check.

Probably a thought for the future.

Best Wishes

Mike

BRG75
1st September 2021, 09:39
A gentle bump for this breakfast meet.

Possibly of interest to some; the Polhill Garden Centre is a large retail outlet, having expanded out of just garden products. It is a destination venue for coach trips, bringing people from outside of the immediate locality.

Comprehensive web site, and opposite the Toby. https://www.polhill.co.uk/

Just a thought for anyone looking for more of a day out.

Regards

Mike

Edenrob
3rd September 2021, 17:00
Very late notice for me but I thought I would pass it on.

There is a general meet of 'oldies, goldies and unusual' at the Bletchingley Arms tomorrow morning 4th Sept from 09:00 to about mid day. Breakfast is available apparently. I've not been to this one myself.

BRG75
3rd September 2021, 18:51
Thanks for this Rob, as you say short notice, but sounds interesting.

If I can change my plans (which I can't do until early tomorrow) then I will get over there.

Regards

Mike

Raven Black
3rd September 2021, 20:34
I will try to get up there as so close, thanks for the info.

Edenrob
4th September 2021, 20:26
I only found out Friday afternoon when I bumped into a neighbour. It used to be the one held at Botley then Red Barn.

BRG75
5th September 2021, 09:18
The Toby at Badgers Mount re-opened last week, as planned, but unfortunately not for breakfast. These will re-start next Saturday 11th September, we were told.

Their website (apparently) should have been updated; a keyholder (who arrived as Jan & I were turning round to leave) was concerned that it hadn't been. It still hasn't.

I will go back up there to check that it is open, early on Saturday morning.
This thread will then be updated, by mid morning, for our meet on Sunday 12th.

Jan & I moved on to old haunts, and did get a hearty breakfast elsewhere.

Regards

Mike

Raven Black
5th September 2021, 19:06
Thanks Mike for your efforts, maybe move to another venue if badgers not suitable?

steve-45
7th September 2021, 11:11
Thanks Mike for your efforts, maybe move to another venue if badgers not suitable?

That’s a good idea, if possible.

BRG75
11th September 2021, 08:38
Just got back from the Toby, and yes Breakfast was being served.

Therefore tomorrow at 09.15, to eat at 09.30, is on.

Layout doesn't appear to have changed, place certainly looked "fresher" though. New carpet, looked like new table & chair sets. a nice wall display of large Toby Jugs.

Not too late to book in, just respond to this message.

Regards

Mike & Jan

PS Our CDTi Tourer is back on the road, and will be up there; alongside Rosie, our 2.5 V6 saloon.
Not yet sure who is driving which one though.

Edenrob
12th September 2021, 11:45
Good to meet you guys this morning and hopefully can make it a regular meet.

steve-45
12th September 2021, 13:22
Once again Mike, thanks for arranging this. Breakfast always tastes better when you don’t have to cook it ! :D

Raven Black
12th September 2021, 20:31
Yes thanks to Mike and Jan for turning up in both cars, really good to see you all again. Hope we can get more members from the area again soon. Look forward to seeing you next time.
Cheers Jennifer