PDA

View Full Version : Rear view mirror fell off

elefsis
21st October 2021, 14:31
I had a new heated windscreen fitted last Sunday along with five others and the screen is lovely but took the out today shopping and the rearview mirror fell off and I don't see how to get it back on, I am just not strong enough. Any ideas please.

Maxfly
21st October 2021, 14:57
I had a new heated windscreen fitted last Sunday along with five others and the screen is lovely but took the out today shopping and the rearview mirror fell off and I don't see how to get it back on, I am just not strong enough. Any ideas please.

Which part fell off? The whole unit including bracket that is attached to the windscreen or is that bracket still attached to the windscreen?
If the bracket with the metals prongs is still on the windscreen, place the mirror unit over it at a roughly 45 degree angle and twist it so it locks into place and sits correctly. It shouldnt take too much pressure but keep it even so you dont put strain on the windscreen part :}

*EDIT*

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=312437

In the second pic on this thread you can make out the metal bracket that you twist the mirror on and off, if thats still there follow the above :)

elefsis
21st October 2021, 15:30
Which part fell off? The whole unit including bracket that is attached to the windscreen or is that bracket still attached to the windscreen?
If the bracket with the metals prongs is still on the windscreen, place the mirror unit over it at a roughly 45 degree angle and twist it so it locks into place and sits correctly. It shouldnt take too much pressure but keep it even so you dont put strain on the windscreen part :}

*EDIT*

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=312437

In the second pic on this thread you can make out the metal bracket that you twist the mirror on and off, if thats still there follow the above :)

Mine is the same as your first part, the bracket is still attached to the screen, I did not realise that you had to twist it on as I was trying to push it on. I Will make another attempt tomorrow, Thank you very much for the advice.

elefsis
22nd October 2021, 12:12
I managed to get the mirror back on but it was a struggle and now it is very loose and pretty useless.

Maxfly
22nd October 2021, 13:18
I managed to get the mirror back on but it was a struggle and now it is very loose and pretty useless.

I wonder if any of the metal parts have been bent and are now not locating properly?? Can you get a good picture of the metal fixing on the windscreen and also the mirror unit fixings too to help see whats up?