PDA

View Full Version : 2 Post lift

shanee
24th October 2021, 17:42
Hi all - this is a bit previous as i don't yet have a 75 (just posted a wanted ad for one down below), but i was wondering if any members have got a 2 post lift and could recommend one. I intend to do all my own mechanicals so intend to get one asap as i have the space. There's one by Liftech on ebay that looks interesting and one by Autotech that has some good reviews. Anyone had a good experience with a make..?

myfirstrover
24th October 2021, 17:58
Hi all - this is a bit previous as i don't yet have a 75 (just posted a wanted ad for one down below), but i was wondering if any members have got a 2 post lift and could recommend one. I intend to do all my own mechanicals so intend to get one asap as i have the space. There's one by Liftech on ebay that looks interesting and one by Autotech that has some good reviews. Anyone had a good experience with a make..?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE6Zv5G07jI

YHT
25th October 2021, 11:00
2 post car hoists are OK for mechanical things and messing about with the exhaust but the arms make contact with the lifting points on the cills so can be used for cill repairs.

tourer
25th October 2021, 12:13
2 post car hoists are OK for mechanical things and messing about with the exhaust but the arms make contact with the lifting points on the cills so can be used for cill repairs.

Do you mean. "so can't be used for sill repairs.". ?

Simmons
25th October 2021, 19:03
Watch this weeks (last Friday) Edd china garage on you tube, someone asked him about 2 or 4 post lifts
He gave a good answer

Edd China workshop diaries episode 30

shanee
25th October 2021, 22:24
Didn't know he was doing you tube videos so that sounds worth a watch, ta.