PDA

View Full Version : Bluebird RIP

trikey
29th November 2021, 17:47
I can’t believe I’m writing this but my best friend has passed away this afternoon, as most of you know she has been very poorly following the pneumonia from a cpl of years ago. She was admitted into hospital ten days ago, today the consultants told us they could keep her alive but she would not get better due to the lung damage (both lungs collapsed early last week)

Typical Deb then replied ‘if I’m not going to get better, I don’t want to be stuck in this bed’

Our goodbyes were said and she passed peacefully with her children and me at her bedside.

Goodbye my little rover helper, me and Meg are gonna miss ya, take Tiddy for that long walk in the sunshine xxx

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211129/7246bf0bfd8aac5ad08e2ce0aad479c5.jpg

Terryf
29th November 2021, 17:55
I am so very very sorry Trikey
Terry

Simondi
29th November 2021, 17:56
Oh Andy,

I am so very sorry to hear this, please accept my heartfelt condolences.

bendrick
29th November 2021, 17:57
Sorry to hear this mate, very sad situation.

xsport
29th November 2021, 17:58
oh my god. im so so sorry andy .. i cant believe this has happened. im shocked , just stunned.

FLYING BANANA
29th November 2021, 18:00
Such sad news Andy. Condolences to you and family.

Goldrover
29th November 2021, 18:01
Andy, so sorry to hear of this news ,our thoughts are with you .

Debs will be greatly missed.

Sue and Dave.

MSS
29th November 2021, 18:03
Sally and I are both really, really sorry and just shocked, Andy. Our deepest condolences.

stocktake
29th November 2021, 18:10

Rev Jules
29th November 2021, 18:10
Shocking news Andy, our sincere condolences our thoughts are with you.

Dawn and Julien.

Ched
29th November 2021, 18:11
Karen and I are so sorry mate, our condolences to you and the family.

dattrike
29th November 2021, 18:12
Andy,
This is such a shock, my sincerest condolences
Dave t

actros
29th November 2021, 18:17
I can’t believe I’m writing this but my best friend has passed away this afternoon, as most of you know she has been very poorly following the pneumonia from a cpl of years ago. She was admitted into hospital ten days ago, today the consultants told us they could keep her alive but she would not get better due to the lung damage (both lungs collapsed early last week)

Typical Deb then replied ‘if I’m not going to get better, I don’t want to be stuck in this bed’

Our goodbyes were said and she passed peacefully with her children and me at her bedside.

Goodbye my little rover helper, me and Meg are gonna miss ya, take Tiddy for that long walk in the sunshine xxx

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211129/7246bf0bfd8aac5ad08e2ce0aad479c5.jpgGod bless you my very good friend rest in peace Debs we will all miss you .

Reebs
29th November 2021, 18:18
I am lost for words Andy. What a remarkable lady. My condolences to you and her family, rest in peace Debz.

We fly the club banner at half mast.

another_clean_sheet
29th November 2021, 18:19
Andy,
So sorry to hear such sad and unexpected news. Condolences to the whole family

Cable Tie
29th November 2021, 18:21
Can’t believe I’m reading this,such a lovelly lady,I will always remember collecting grovey at stupid o’clock one morning four years ago,nothing was too much trouble. My deepest condolences to the family and of course superstar Andy.R.I.P Debs your were a true one in a million,fly high in them fluffy clouds,once met never forgotten xxxx

Lancpudn
29th November 2021, 18:22
Terrible terrible news, so sorry for your loss Andy, RIP Debs.

Nobby
29th November 2021, 18:22
Andy,
So, so sorry to here this sad news. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

sincere condolences mate

Ian G
29th November 2021, 18:28
Andy I don't know where to start with this.
We are both shocked and so very very sorry to hear this awful news.
Jan and myself will miss her cheery hellos, her come on round and have a cuppa and so very much more.
Debz was someone who was always there for others and the world will be a much poorer place without her.
Our dearest thoughts are with you and all the family at this sad time.
Ian and Jan

ziggy72
29th November 2021, 18:30
So sorry to hear of your devastating news. Condolences to you and your family.

marinabrian
29th November 2021, 18:31
This is the worst news I have heard in a long time.

Anyone who had been in the fortunate position to have ever met Debs, would have been instantly enamoured by her easy going cheerful personality.

She was simply one of those people to whom you warmed to straight away, no nonsense, took no prisoners, yet loving, caring and kind.

Always there on hand to provide help when needed, a shoulder to cry on if necessary in short a truly beautiful person.

I am truly saddened by her passing, it has left a huge void where once there was a effervescent star.

My deepest condolences to Andy, the world will truly be a poorer place without her presence.

God speed my good friend.

Love

Brian and Chris

Mike Noc
29th November 2021, 18:40
What awful and shocking news Andy, so sorry to hear this.

clf
29th November 2021, 18:43
I am so sorry Andy. Words are just so insignificant.

J1MBO
29th November 2021, 18:47
Andy my sincere condolences to you and your family, keep strong mate.

Jim

Dawn
29th November 2021, 19:04
Oh Andy, I can't believe what I am reading , I am so so sorry. Please take care of yourself. My deepest condolences.

Saga Lout
29th November 2021, 19:06
I'm swearing without without putting it down here, no words can come close to helping you right now.
You're in my thoughts and just ask if you need anything.
Fly High Girl.

elroy
29th November 2021, 19:14
R.I.P. darl 💗💗86399

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk

Jay
29th November 2021, 19:16
I am heart broken on this news. Deb's was a great friend, buddy and I admired her for her freshness, humour, intelligence and knowing how to deal with all people in her own style.
R.I.P Deb's. I will say a prayer for you <3

Take all the best care Andy <3

harrisop48
29th November 2021, 19:39
Massive Massive shock Andy. I am gutted. Debz was a lovely warm lady taken too early. Huge sincere condolences to you and your Family. RIP Debz.

coolcat
29th November 2021, 19:48
I'm so terribly sorry Andy, all my thoughts with you and your family at this time.
If there is anything I can do, you've got my number .

VVC-Geeza
29th November 2021, 19:48
Very sad to read this Andy,I was so looking forward to meeting you both one day.Take care.

patrolman pete
29th November 2021, 19:56
I'm so so sorry for your loss Andy. I didn't have the pleasure to meet Debs but I know how much of a friend she was to a lot of us in the club. Sleep safe brave lady. Riposa in pace

suzublu
29th November 2021, 19:59
Totally shocked and in tears. God rest her lovely soul and take care mate

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

rab60bit
29th November 2021, 19:59
What a very moving, poignant post; a strong loving family group. My deepest condolences to everyone.

squire
29th November 2021, 20:01
I am totally lost for words, although I've never had the good fortune to meet either of you I feel I've known both of you for years such is the empathy that I feel.
Andy, Debz may have gone but she will always be by your side and you know she would want you to carry on. Take some time out if you feel you need it, everyone will understand.
RIP Debz, never to be forgotten.

Martyn:(

shiner
29th November 2021, 20:09
Andy.
Don't know what to say mate. So very hard to take in. Gutted for you. She was a lovely lady. We will miss her and were lucky to have known her
Andy & Sharon x

Sent from my MAR-LX1B using Tapatalk

BRG75
29th November 2021, 20:10
Andy, I am shocked to have just read of your loss.

Our deepest condolences seem to be completely inadequate.

Mike & Jan

BigRuss
29th November 2021, 20:13
There are no words mate ............

RIP Debs. Thinking of you all

Russ & Liz

WillyHeckaslike
29th November 2021, 20:15
Stunned to read this. Never a good time for this to happen but close to or over the festive season is never easy and often hits harder. Debs will be missed on the forum Andy. Take care of yourself and take things easy while you try to get over this. Best wishes to you and all of your family at this time of sadness and God speed Debs. :grouphug:

bigd
29th November 2021, 20:20
Thinking of you at this sad time mate RIP Debz

Teflon
29th November 2021, 20:58
Shocked and saddened to read this awful news. You are in my prayers Andy.

Cliff

Bluejon
29th November 2021, 21:04
Jan & I have just returned home following a weekend in Scotland attending the Helensburgh Winter Festival, we received a call from Actros on the way giving us the devastating & sad news about Debz.

We knew she was very ill but were hoping & praying that somehow knowing the person Debz was would hopefully make a good recovery.

Please accept our sincere thoughts & deepest condolences to Andy & Deb'z Family at this very sad & devastating time for you all.

echoing some of the words from Marinabrian, Debz was all that & more, a truly genuine,lovely, down to earth kind of person who addressed most people I think she knew endearingly as 'Darl'.

So to our Debz, Jan & I wish you [Night Night Darl] you will be forever in our hearts & thoughts xxxx

With Love & Deepest Sympathy.....John & Jan.

Rick-sta
29th November 2021, 21:14
Myself and deanna are both shocked and saddened to read this. We're so sorry mate. Thinking of you all during this tough time. She was so lovely and we are honoured to have been lucky enough to meet her. Our deepest condolences.

75driver
29th November 2021, 21:14
Andy,
Really sorry to read this. Thoughts and prayers are with you at this time.
Sean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LotusLC
29th November 2021, 21:21
Just cannot take this in, Debz was a fantastic lady who made myself and Lydia very welcome in there home.
We are in total shock 😭

paulh260260
29th November 2021, 21:27
Sounds like I was very unfortunate not to meet Debs when you dropped off the Green Goddess, Debs sounds like a wonderful lady.

Terrible news Andy, you're in my prayers

Paul

Astraeus
29th November 2021, 21:35
I am truly shocked to read of this today. No words can help you just now other than letting you know I am thinking of you.

Take care mate
Chris

Rogue
29th November 2021, 21:55
I'm still at a complete loss for words so i'll just say Godspeed Debz, you are sorely missed.

stevestrat
29th November 2021, 21:56
God Andy. I know words can't help but we're thinking of you and the family.

edwardmk
29th November 2021, 22:05
Very sorry to hear of your loss Andy. What a great attitude epitomised in that photo. :bowdown:

coolguy
29th November 2021, 22:14
Was never fortunate enough to meet either of you, but through this wonderful Club and forum feel I have known you both for a long time. Never saw a bad word, or anything but praise. God bless

steve-45
29th November 2021, 22:20
So sad to hear your news Andy, we were lucky enough to meet you both on the Dutch trip, Debz will be very missed. Try to stay brave Andy, we are all thinking of you.

ceedy
29th November 2021, 22:29
Such terrible news
Cannot even comprehend how you must be feeling.
Please accept our heartfelt condolences on the loss of your soul mate.

Chris and Liz..

Graham1961
29th November 2021, 22:52
Andy, I am lost for words, I'm so, so sorry to read this, I met Deb's at the NEC two year ago and she was a lovely lass.

I'm shocked and stunned and I extend my deepest condolences to you at this sad time.

Ravinder
29th November 2021, 23:47
Im so sorry to hear this, Trikey. I’ve just heard about it guis second. My condolences. I’m shocked to hear this like everyone else.

Rich in Vancouver
30th November 2021, 02:56
Very, very sad Andy. My condolences.

Roverlike
30th November 2021, 04:28
Please accept my condolences, Andy. I am so sorry.

ssizefive
30th November 2021, 04:49
Absolutely lost for words, my thoughts are with you and your family Andy.

Steve.

coab
30th November 2021, 05:56
So sorry to hear this mate. Condolences to you and your family at this very sad time. Keep strong.

mininuts
30th November 2021, 06:09
So, so sorry to hear this Andy.

Our thoughts are with you mate.

mor75
30th November 2021, 06:21
Sorry to hear this mate, Condolences to you and family

if you need anything please let us know

Georgies Dad
30th November 2021, 06:43
So Shocked

Please accept my sincere condolences

Debbs was such a lovely lady, and has been taken far too early.

Pete
30th November 2021, 07:13
Absolutely dreadful news Andy, so very sorry and my condolences to you.

sworks
30th November 2021, 07:23
So very sorry to read this Andy, I was only lucky enough to meet Debs the once but she absolutely lit up the room with her energy and personality. Thinking of you all today mate, take care..

AndyN01
30th November 2021, 07:30
What an awful thing to happen.

Completely stunned.

Remember the good times, the laughter, the care and the love.

With deepest condolences.

Fusilier
30th November 2021, 07:58
Andy

So sorry to hear of this sad news, Debs was the light and soul of the Party, she was always so cheerful and helpful, and will be sadly be missed by the whole car community. My Sincere condolences to you and all the family at such a sad time

regards

Stu

snowman
30th November 2021, 08:12
so sorry to hear this andy my thoughts are with you at this sad time
paul

Midas
30th November 2021, 08:30
My deepest condolences, fly high Bluebird, heaven has gained a new angel x

geo.k23
30th November 2021, 09:01

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211129/7246bf0bfd8aac5ad08e2ce0aad479c5.jpg
so very sorry for your loss my condolences

bsafly
30th November 2021, 09:14
Such sad news Andy, my condolences to you and your family.
Stay strong.

Arctic
30th November 2021, 09:38
Hi Andy.
Only just read this very sad news hard to believe, very sorry for your loss our sincere condolences to you and the family our thoughts are with you.
Steve & Gail.

klarzy
30th November 2021, 10:01
I have no words,
Life is simply outrageously unfair....
Sleep peacefully my friend...
Tea and cake in heaven..

Azur
30th November 2021, 10:50
No words Andy, wat a sad sad news, my sincere condolences to you and the family and friends....

myfirstrover
30th November 2021, 10:59
Shocked to the core about this dreadful news , I've met her on several occasions at various shows and she was always charming , so sorry for your loss .

roverbarmy
30th November 2021, 11:57
Deb will be missed by all who came into contact with her. Such a wonderful character and an absolute joy to be around. Words don't seem enough to express what I would like to say. They are stuck in my throat and fingers as I try to type through the tears. Fly high pretty Bluebird we are missing you already. Mike and Lynda.

Zircon
30th November 2021, 13:01
Just read of your truly dreadful loss, Andy - I am so very sorry.

I hope that the outpouring of kindly words here will help give you some comfort - knowing the depth of warmth and affection from so many people.

Take care, Nicholas

dave lincs
30th November 2021, 13:12
RIP Deb

Andy an Deb over the past few years have become very good friends of Myself and Kate and we have enjoyed many a good laugh together for Deb to be taken at such a young age is terrible, Anybody who had the pleasure to meet Deb will know what a great person she was and always willing to help out with peoples cars or in any way she could even it was just to be there for you if you needed anything

For Andy and us all this is devastating news but the memory of Deb will live on for a very long time as she was very special to a great number of people and touched the lives of many who knew her

Dave and Kate

whitegold
30th November 2021, 13:45
Andy, I was devastated to hear such terrible news this morning when such a wonderful, bubbly personality has been taken from us all.
This world can be such a cruel, unfair place when someone like Debz is taken so early.
My thoughts and all best wishes are with you and all her family mate, you take care.
Sincere condolences from myself and also Diesel Driver.

REST IN PEACE DEBZ.

Herbert75
30th November 2021, 13:50
So sorry trikey very bad my condolences regards herbert 75 / mark

bl52krz
30th November 2021, 14:13
Hi Andy. Please accept my sad feelings to you about Debs. Only just read this and had to read it twice before it sunk in. Just cannot believe how quick it has happened. I will say, Debs, your idea about hanging about is the same as mine.It always happens to the ‘good guys’. Rest in peace Darl.

Shapfell
30th November 2021, 14:31
When I read the news yesterday I was absolutely stunned, as was Sharon. We both feel privileged to have met, and been befriended by, Debs; just to say "Condolences" seems so trite and meaningless; you and the family (and Meg) have our deepest sympathies at this time and if you're this way, I'll put the kettle on for you, Andy.

Nige B
30th November 2021, 14:48
can't believe the sad sad news Andy ..I am so sorry for your ( and indeed the owners clubs ) loss ..She was a special woman .

Les4048
30th November 2021, 15:43
Just read the sad news on Facebook, so sorry for your loss Andy

IGH
30th November 2021, 15:47
So sad, I can't begin to imagine how you must feel. My thoughts are with you.

sln8458
30th November 2021, 15:50
I'm really sorry to hear that Andy, so sad.

SteveN

Kevin Williams
30th November 2021, 16:20
I'm just echoing all the other wonderful tributes to Deb, Andy. We've not had the chance to meet, but you both have continually helped loads of members here over time, and so the loss to you is even more tragic.

My deepest sympathies to you and your family, and hope the 85 or so messages are some small comfort to you, but appreciate words seem so inadequate at a time like this

Kevin

Twisterboy
30th November 2021, 17:22
Thinking of you at this time.

Davy

GJ53 DGO
30th November 2021, 18:18
There just aren't the words to convey our sadness at the passing of debz, our thoughts are with you Andy and here anytime you need us.

Southern Star
30th November 2021, 19:41
Very sad, condolences to all who loved her.

I greatly admire her philosophy about not wanting to linger overlong at life's party once the fun is over, I'd like to hope I could display the same stoicism come the time. Brave lady.

Rp61973
30th November 2021, 21:33
My sincere condolences, Andy. I am so sorry for your loss.

Paul

Dorset Bob
30th November 2021, 22:13
My heart goes out to you, Andy.
It is tragic and I don't know what else to say.

Raven Black
1st December 2021, 10:03
So dreadfully sorry. Debs was a wonderful, kind and generous lady. My heartfelt condolences to you, I know how terribly she will be missed. With deepest sympathy.

trikey
1st December 2021, 11:16
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211201/721d1258067d75297e5a4a58d29b2db0.jpg

Thank you 💔

actros
1st December 2021, 11:35
This is what the club is, a great family and she will be deeply missed. Take care my mate .

Dallas
1st December 2021, 12:42
Oh no, Andy I am so very sorry to hear this, please accept our heartfelt condolences.

Sending love and hugs to you all.

wraymond
1st December 2021, 14:23
So sorry to hear of your loss Andy. Please accept my sincere condolences.

Gate Keeper
1st December 2021, 18:53
Jessica and I send our condolences Andy, what a shock. I didn't realise Deb was so ill, as she had been talking about wanting to get back to work and she was always supportive and caring towards anyone in the forum down on their luck, she was a star and so brave. Rest easy Deb x

coolcat
1st December 2021, 20:08
Just had a message from George (Flyer) and Ann Marie to pass on their deepest sympathy and thoughts and prayers to Andy and the family.

Yorkshire GOC
1st December 2021, 20:44
Oh my God Andy what can i say such a shock - she was a diamond.

stocktake
2nd December 2021, 06:04
Perhaps quite fitting on this thread that the milestone 100th post should contain a link to members past, where we can all remember them.
Debz is sure in good company

https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=228288

Pistons_and_processors
2nd December 2021, 09:15
Condolences. New to the forum but can already see she was an integral part of the group.

newhavenhibby
2nd December 2021, 10:33
Sorry to hear this news Andy.

Thoughts are with you and the rest of the family and friends.

davidcarp
2nd December 2021, 10:50
Sorry to hear this terrible news
David

RobSun
2nd December 2021, 11:04
Oh Andy I am so sorry to hear this, you and your family are in my prayers.
I know what you will be going through from my own experiences so I feel greatly for your loss.

Debs was a lovely woman.

kbonney88
2nd December 2021, 12:01
Condolences Andy... so sorry for your loss mate

my heart goes out to you..

Kev

willshot
2nd December 2021, 17:23
What a shock. Condolences to you and your family, Andy.

BigJohn
2nd December 2021, 18:52
So sorry to read your sad news Andy, take care and enjoy happy memories when you are ready to do so.

gnu
2nd December 2021, 20:39
Andy, my condolences for the terrible news. May Debz rest in peace.

The Rovering Member
2nd December 2021, 21:57
That's terrible news, Andy. Deepest condolences to you & your family from myself, Trudie & Lucy.

trebor
3rd December 2021, 09:13
so sad Andy, hope you can move forward as she would surely have wanted that for you all, take care

YorksMG2013
3rd December 2021, 16:17
Sorry for your loss Andy.
Debs was a lovely person
Take your time

Andrew

trikey
7th December 2021, 14:27
The date has been set for Deb's funeral, it will be held on Thursday 30th December 2021 12:45hrs at St marys Church in Barton Upon Humber.

St Mary's Church
Burgate
Barton Upon Humber
DN18 5EZ

This will be followed by a service at Woodlands crematorium Scunthorpe at 14:00 hrs.

Brumby wood lane
Scunthorpe
North Lincolnshire
DN17 1SP

Debs wake will follow after the services at the Assembly rooms (Temperance Hall) Queen Street, Barton Upon Humber, DN18 5QP.

All club members are of course welcome to attend either or both services and of course the wake. There will be a convoy of MGR cars following the hearse on Deb's final journey

If you would like to attend, either post here or drop me a PM so I can judge numbers.

Thank you.

stevestrat
7th December 2021, 14:41
Can't be there Andy but I'm sure we'll all be with you in spirit.

J1MBO
7th December 2021, 16:44
Andy so sorry I won't be able to attend to pay my respects, though you'll be all in my thoughts on the 30th.

I'm going to miss Debs bear hug cuddles.

Best regards
Jim

RPWC
7th December 2021, 19:28
We are both so very sorry to hear of Deb's passing, Andy. Our deepest condolences to you and your family.

Richard & Fiona

Bluejon
7th December 2021, 19:37
Hi Andy,

Can you please add us as attending;

John & Jan Atkinson [Bluejon & Silvervixen]

Brian & Linda Emmerson [BRI & Pink Dutchess]

Regards.....John.

trikey
7th December 2021, 19:40
Thanks for all the messages both via PM and here, all names added :bowdown:

roverbarmy
7th December 2021, 20:26
We won't be able to attend in person on that day but we will be with you in thought. Take care Andy.

FLYING BANANA
7th December 2021, 21:30
Unfortunately I’m unable to attend Andy but Debz will be in my thoughts, and prayers, on the day.

Zepher
8th December 2021, 02:25
I know we had a fall out my friend, but I am deep with grief following the loss of your partner Bluebird

The girl was a gem as clearly everyone has before me stated.

I am sure that all the club members will like to put on record their gratitude for Bluebirds readiness to help other forum members.

May the good Lord receive her into his kingdom with open arms.

My sincere condolences Trikey.

actros
8th December 2021, 08:54
I shall be there mate nothing is going to stop me she was the greatest

whitegold
8th December 2021, 16:22
Andy old son , short of a disaster I will be there to say goodbye to Deb on 30th.

cossie dunc
8th December 2021, 19:52
Andy
I just picked up on this, I’m so sorry mate, words are never enough

Take care
Dunc

murphyv310
8th December 2021, 20:05
Hi Andy.
I only occasionally look in these days, I was saddened to read about Deb, a strong lass indeed.

My condolences go out to you.

So So sad when such a good friend passes.

Take care my friend you are in my thoughts and prayers.

trikey
10th December 2021, 08:41
Updated post #112 with the details of the venue for Deb's wake.

Organiser
12th December 2021, 19:16
Andy,

I have only just read your post about Deb's passing, really sorry to see that sad news!

Stay strong and remember the good times you had together.

RIP Deb's.

Best wishes.
Tom.

Al75
12th December 2021, 19:23
Sorry to hear of your sad loss.

GJ53 DGO
12th December 2021, 19:51
We of course will be there to pay our respects to a wonderful lady who will be sadly missed.

chambl01
13th December 2021, 17:18
Hi Andy

So sorry to hear the sad news. I didn't know Deb's but read some lovely things over the years on the group.

True friends are hard to find and become extensions to you and your family. Remember and cherish all the good times you've shared and memories you created.

Condolences to you and Debs family.

Dawn
15th December 2021, 06:22
Hi Andy, I won't be able to make it, but I hope all goes as well as it can for you. Take care, my friend.

Dawn

Jay
16th December 2021, 22:21
Deb's was a cool person. I have spent some time in my spiritual way with her. Sorry I won't be able to attend <3

trikey
17th December 2021, 18:35
Deb's was a cool person. I have spent some time in my spiritual way with her. Sorry I won't be able to attend <3

It's not a problem Jay, you can be there, I have organised a live stream, i will post up the link so you all can log in on the day.

Saga Lout
17th December 2021, 18:41
It's not a problem Jay, you can be there, I have organised a live stream, i will post up the link so you all can log in on the day.

I'll be watching from this end, it won't feel the same as being there though.

ZedTeeT
17th December 2021, 18:42
That's such sad news, my condolences Andy.

trikey
17th December 2021, 18:42
I'll be watching from this end, it won't feel the same as being there though.

Thanks Mike, I know you guys will be there in spirit, that is a great comfort.

Gate Keeper
17th December 2021, 18:45
Thank you Andy for organising the live stream for all of us who can't be there. Stay strong, you are in our thoughts.

trikey
17th December 2021, 18:50
Thank you Andy for organising the live stream for all of us who can't be there. Stay strong, you are in our thoughts.

Thanks Phil, its the least I could do as she made friends everywhere, I have had messages of condolence from all of you guys here, Europe and Greece.

BRG75
17th December 2021, 19:15
I'm very glad that you have done that.

I "attended" an aunts funeral by zoom (I think) last year, which worked really well.

Jan & I will be with you, via the link, on the day.

Regards

Mike

LucyJaneStearman
18th December 2021, 11:29
Thankyou for everyone for your kind words and thoughts to Andy and us. Losing Mum is the hardest thing I’ve ever had to go through, any of us but she definitely left such a big impact on everyone’s lives, that’s some comfort knowing she meant so much to so many of you! She loved each and everyone of you, she loved the club, the meets, everything! She was always happy and smiling! Thankyou for welcoming her into your club and treating her as one of your own, and for giving her an amazing few years of life cause she definitely deserved it.

To you Andy, the man I will always call my dad. You gave Mum an amazing life, you took her on a big adventure and you made her so happy! You loved her unconditionally and god she loved you too! I can’t put into words to say to tell you how you made her feel but you know.

Thankyou guys so much, not just for your words but for your love for her. Some how we will all get through this together��

trikey
19th December 2021, 18:50
Here is the link for the webcast, the service at the crematorium is at 14:00 hrs and will be shown live on the day.

https://www.wesleymedia.co.uk/webcast-view

The pin to login is: 839-6678

I have been advised to let you all know that anyone wishing to watch via the live stream is to log in before 14:00 hrs as once the service starts, you may not be able to log in.

Nige B
20th December 2021, 07:05
Hi Andy , I would like to attend and say a goodbye to Debz , It may be possible BUT wont know for sure until nearer the day .As you may be aware I no longer live in Yorkshire I emigrated to Warrington ..But if I can make it I will.My thoughts will be with you and the relatives and the many friends of hers should I fail to get there ..she was a special woman and this thread shows just how special.God bless mate .regards Nige B

Teddy
24th December 2021, 11:27
Hoi Andy,
Can't believe I just read. Don't know what to say .......
My thoughts are with you.
Gerard

genpk
25th December 2021, 15:16
Very sad to hear of your loss.Not much can be said to ease the pain.

wullie480
27th December 2021, 08:10
So sorry for your loss Andy I’ve not been around on the forum recently so just saw this thread.

Thoughts with you and the family at this difficult time.

Mike Noc
27th December 2021, 20:33
Andy I had hoped to come up and pay my respects in person, but circumstances have changed so I'll be watching the service on the webcast.

I'll be thinking of Debs, you and your family, and will raise a glass to her.

Take care mate.

geo.k23
28th December 2021, 11:45
so very sad my condolences
George

stevestrat
29th December 2021, 21:56
Hope tomorrow goes as well as it can Andy. We'll all be there with you.

coolcat
30th December 2021, 06:29
Echoing what Steve has said.

We will all be thinking of you today and wishing Debz ‘Godspeed’ on her final journey.

FLYING BANANA
30th December 2021, 06:50
God Bless Debs, always in our thoughts

caravaman0
30th December 2021, 07:56
So sorry Andy for you loss we are praying for you all and may God bless you all. Denise & Clive.

Twisterboy
30th December 2021, 08:49
Thinking of you today.

Davy

roverbarmy
30th December 2021, 08:52
We will be with you in thought today. Mike and Lynda.

wullie480
30th December 2021, 10:33
Thoughts with you and the family today Andy.

WillyHeckaslike
30th December 2021, 13:14
Watching now but don't think it has started yet, message says running late. :grouphug:

another_clean_sheet
30th December 2021, 13:21
Watching now but don't think it has started yet, message says running late. :grouphug:
I have the same message

Rogue
30th December 2021, 13:28
I have the same message
All it is showing to me is that the webcast has not started yet.

WillyHeckaslike
30th December 2021, 13:30
Crem showing now. :icon_confused:

another_clean_sheet
30th December 2021, 13:30
Crem showing now. :icon_confused:

Same for me

BRG75
30th December 2021, 13:56
Thanks for sharing this with us Andy, our thoughts are very much with you today.

Mike & Jan

WillyHeckaslike
30th December 2021, 13:56
Well done Andy and Dave for being able to get up and give those tributes, don't think I could hold it together to do that myself. A good turnout, saw a few familiar figures and a great effort by little Meg too. Debs I think would be proud. :heart:

stevestrat
30th December 2021, 13:57
Very moving, good that Meg was able to be there.

another_clean_sheet
30th December 2021, 13:58
Even though I could not be there I was able to say my final goodbye. Thanks Andy

J1MBO
30th December 2021, 14:06
A very moving service a lovely tribute to an amazing lady, raised a glass and shed a few tears.

Jim

klarzy
30th December 2021, 15:39
Just watched the service Andy, would have been there but fighting the dreaded bug right now...

For some reason I really fancy tea and cake??
My love to you all..

Pete

Yorkshire GOC
30th December 2021, 16:03
A great turn out at the Church Andy - a fine tribute to Debz - fantastic idea to use her ZTT - brought a tear to my eye. Sorry could only make the Church service.

Shapfell
30th December 2021, 16:33
You were in our thoughts today, well done, I was crying and laughing at the end, typical Debs, lovely touch using the ZTT. See you soon.

mor75
30th December 2021, 16:38
sorry i couldn't make today.. but my thoughts are with you and the family

hope to see you soon Andy

Love from Kevin & Tabby

stocktake
30th December 2021, 17:09
A truly inspiring and emotional day, from meeting Debz for the final time at her mums, the drive to the church, packed church and the convoy to the Crematorium.

We were in the middle of a minimum 18 cars and I am sure there were more behind we just couldn't count. We could see the blue ZTT up ahead sat impressively between the funeral cars shining brightly whilst taking Debz on her journey.

Arriving at the crematorium we were greeted by even more well wishers and of course more of our cars, A truly remarkable experience.

The service at the crematorium was especially moving as many of you will have seen. takes a certain type of person to stand up and be so personal at a time like this. Nothing but admiration for both speakers.

Special mention for the Pall-bearers at the church. Unbelievable strength of character, dedication and pride. We could see the all the emotions in their faces, especially a northern tough guy. ;)

Thankyou for inviting us to this sad but special event.

whitegold
30th December 2021, 18:09
Truly sorry I couldn't be there to say goodbye to Debz in person Andy but I was on surgery this morning. Not managed yet to see service but will try and find it, it. Sounds like a very special occasion, she was loved by a lot of people and will be greatly missed at shows and anywhere else.
You take and look after yourself old son, look forward to seeing you on the not too distant future.
R I P. DEBZ.

coolcat
30th December 2021, 18:57
Just watched the service.

It was very moving but also a celebration of who Debz was and what she meant (and always will mean) to all that knew her.

Thanks Andy for sharing with us such a personal moment.

LucyJaneStearman
31st December 2021, 07:21
I just wanna say a huge Thankyou to those of you who came yesterday toMums funeral and those who watched! You guys really helped us give her the best send off and just as she deserved!

You guys are amazing! Honestly I can’t thank everyone enough for letting her be part of your lives and travelling this far to say goodbye with us!

I hope she was proud of it all and it’s damn hard without her.💔

Rev Jules
31st December 2021, 10:30
What a brilliant accolade for Debz, she was what the club represented, a loved person by all of us, when we met there was always a big hug.
We are missing you already, a lovely turnout could have been a mini rover meet and it was lovely too catch up with old friends.

Rev.

Gate Keeper
31st December 2021, 12:08
Thank you Andy for the link which enabled us to watch from Kenya. I remember how you and Deb liked to travel and your friends in Greece, Turkey, beyond and closer to home will appreciate seeing the funeral yesterday, everyone who could not make it, we reach out to you, do take care.

Phil

trikey
31st December 2021, 15:48
I just want to say thank you to everyone for giving Deb the best send off, when I turned the corner into Debs Mums street and saw all the cars lined up, it brought tears to my eyes.

We then set off for the short trip to the church, when we arrived we were greeted by more cars and club members, and loads of friends from in and around the town.

Deb was then carried inside by her Brothers and Nephew, and by three people that I class as my family, marinabrian, ricardo65 and lordy.

The church bells rang as Deb was carried inside, we sang her two favourite hymns (morning has broken & all things bright and beautiful) beautiful words were spoken from two of Debs daughters and Debs Sister.

Once the church service was completed, it was time for the journey to the crematorium in Scunthorpe, halfway there I looked in the passenger mirror to see the Humber bridge, then looking in the drivers mirror to see the convoy of 75s and Mg’s following, again more tears flowed.

We then drove down the hill into Scunthorpe and that particular piece of road was where Deb was born in the back of an ambulance! Yes.. more tears.

As we were sitting a set of traffic lights, I could hear the familiar sound of a rattling crank pulley! you guessed it she had to have the last laugh didn’t she.

We arrived at the crematorium where yet more friends and family had gathered.

You will have all viewed the service so I won’t say anything about that apart from a huge thanks to Dave for his eulogy, it was hard holding the tears back once I heard his words.

The final blessings were given and we left to go outside to view the flowers, thank you to Mr Stocktake for organising the beautiful tribute from the members here.

I must apologise for not managing to speak to all of you on the day, but once again, thank you from the bottom of my heart, you all turning up to pay your respects for all over the land means the world to me, she would be so proud.

And thank you to all for tuning on in the live stream as well, we then headed to the wake where we all had more chats, drunk lots of Guinness (thank you all for plying me with this) I drank far too many jagerbombs (My tattooist Jim was to blame for that)

Lots more tears, lots of laughter with mates, and then we headed to Debs local (The red lion) To raise even more glasses to her.

I could not have made it through the day without your support and the support of Graham, my friend of 30 years from Washington.

I have donated the collection form the day to Macmillan, as this is what Deb wanted. Thank you all for your generosity.

If any of you want to post any pictures of the day, please feel free to add them to this thread.

My glass will once again be raised at midnight tonight to absent friends as it always is on New Year’s Eve, this time there is one more friend up there to watch down on us all.

God bless you my little girl from the banks of the Humber, none of us will ever forget you.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211231/df447a4df90dde2cbfe3779ae5c5e858.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211231/1b8a14e394788f677b73ca0cd19317b4.jpg

actros
31st December 2021, 16:06
I just want to say thank you to everyone for giving Deb the best send off, when I turned the corner into Debs Mums street and saw all the cars lined up, it brought tears to my eyes.

We then set off for the short trip to the church, when we arrived we were greeted by more cars and club members, and loads of friends from in and around the town.

Deb was then carried inside by her Brothers and Nephew, and by three people that I class as my family, marinabrian, ricardo65 and lordy.

The church bells rang as Deb was carried inside, we sang her two favourite hymns (morning has broken & all things bright and beautiful) beautiful words were spoken from two of Debs daughters and Debs Sister.

Once the church service was completed, it was time for the journey to the crematorium in Scunthorpe, halfway there I looked in the passenger mirror to see the Humber bridge, then looking in the drivers mirror to see the convoy of 75s and Mg’s following, again more tears flowed.

We then drove down the hill into Scunthorpe and that particular piece of road was where Deb was born in the back of an ambulance! Yes.. more tears.

As we were sitting a set of traffic lights, I could hear the familiar sound of a rattling crank pulley! you guessed it she had to have the last laugh didn’t she.

We arrived at the crematorium where yet more friends and family had gathered.

You will have all viewed the service so I won’t say anything about that apart from a huge thanks to Dave for his eulogy, it was hard holding the tears back once I heard his words.

The final blessings were given and we left to go outside to view the flowers, thank you to Mr Stocktake for organising the beautiful tribute from the members here.

I must apologise for not managing to speak to all of you on the day, but once again, thank you from the bottom of my heart, you all turning up to pay your respects for all over the land means the world to me, she would be so proud.

And thank you to all for tuning on in the live stream as well, we then headed to the wake where we all had more chats, drunk lots of Guinness (thank you all for plying me with this) I drank far too many jagerbombs (My tattooist Jim was to blame for that)

Lots more tears, lots of laughter with mates, and then we headed to Debs local (The red lion) To raise even more glasses to her.

I could not have made it through the day without your support and the support of Graham, my friend of 30 years from Washington.

I have donated the collection form the day to Macmillan, as this is what Deb wanted. Thank you all for your generosity.

If any of you want to post any pictures of the day, please feel free to add them to this thread.

My glass will once again be raised at midnight tonight to absent friends as it always is on New Year’s Eve, this time there is one more friend up there to watch down on us all.

God bless you my little girl from the banks of the Humber, none of us will ever forget you. Yes mate when i just read this i was welling up you are so brave mate i know what you feeling as i have been through it myself Take care my and look after yourself See you later .

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211231/df447a4df90dde2cbfe3779ae5c5e858.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211231/1b8a14e394788f677b73ca0cd19317b4.jpg Hi mate when i have just read this i was getting tears mate she was one of the great people i have had the pleasure to have known You take care and look after yourself i know how you are feelin been through it myself . Hope next year will better for all of us

LotusLC
31st December 2021, 19:53
Final journey with the MGR convoy xhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211231/24fc703c316d3996d28a26ac95567675.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

LucyJaneStearman
1st January 2022, 12:30
All those who attended Mums funeral on Thursday but didn’t get chance to write in her memory book, can you please inbox me what you’d like writing and who it’s from (if there’s a group of you etc) and I’ll be sure to write it in for you!
And those who couldn’t make it/watched, you’re more than welcome to send me your message too and I’ll be sure to write it in there too.
Thankyou again everyone��

Framps
1st January 2022, 13:50
Hi Andy,
I am so sorry to hear of your loss, my deepest condolences to you and your family on your sad loss.
Lawrence and Bev

Jim Jamieson
10th January 2022, 21:15
Just logged in for the first time in over a year.

So sorry to hear the sad passing of Bluebird.

Stay strong Andy and hang on to all those wonderful memories.

Jim

c-j2
11th January 2022, 08:51
Final journey with the MGR convoy xhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211231/24fc703c316d3996d28a26ac95567675.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Sorry for your loss Trikey - we've only ever spoken through postings and PMs, such as shame when tragedy strikes, especially to good folk.

Looks like a lovely send off though - nice photo too (Dragonby Hill perhaps?)

chris_b
16th January 2022, 10:37
Haven't logged in for a long time -- so sorry to hear of your loss, Andy.

And thank you for your work eighteen months back on my CDT Tourer - it's still going strong.

With all good wishes,

Chris

v-man
12th April 2022, 19:17
Andy Just read this and I am sat here absolutely speechless having first burst into tears. Glad to have met Debs over the years and to have been able to attend one of the meets she put together. Look after yourself.

The Mighty Quinn
12th April 2022, 20:07
Very sorry to learn of your loss, Andy.

RIP Debs.

Regards,
Karl.

trikey
29th November 2022, 16:14
Well, one year has gone by since Deb passed away, and the world is a much poorer place without her smile.

Please raise your glasses tonight and remember her for what she meant to each of you.

I'm sure she'll be helping and caring wherever she is now as she did when she was on earth.

God speed Bluebird, fly even higher you little angel.

Xxx

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

Number 6
29th November 2022, 16:42
Well, one year has gone by since Deb passed away, and the world is a much poorer place without her smile.

Please raise your glasses tonight and remember her for what she meant to each of you.

I'm sure she'll be helping and caring wherever she is now as she did when she was on earth.

Xxx

Although I never met Bluebird or your good self I can see she has been sadly missed by all. I will as a gesture of your loss Lift a Glass tonight in remembrance Of Bluebird:}

stocktake
29th November 2022, 17:09
Wow, 12 months already!!
She will be looking down proud of you buddy.
Glass at the ready :)

FLYING BANANA
29th November 2022, 17:25
Time flies. Bluebird is sorely missed. Glass to filled with a wee (ish!) malt.

Raven Black
29th November 2022, 17:44
RIP, sadly missed for all her kindness and hospitality.

Saga Lout
29th November 2022, 17:58

Xxx

A glass raised, best wishes Andy.

J1MBO
29th November 2022, 18:29
A glass will be raised tonight in Deb's memory.....

Rogue
29th November 2022, 18:56
Sorely missed.. Will raise one this evening...

squire
29th November 2022, 19:38
A glass raised for Debz. I can't believe it's now a year since she parted from us, :sad3:

:wine: To Bluebird

phatfiesta75
29th November 2022, 20:48
You have my condolences on your loss!! 🥺

coolcat
29th November 2022, 21:05
A glass raised here to Debz.

A wonderful person taken from this Earth before her time.

Arctic
29th November 2022, 23:56
Hi Andy cup of coffee raised for Debz

AndyN01
30th November 2022, 06:51
Hi mate.

Can't believe it been a year :eek:.

RIP Debs.

Georgies Dad
30th November 2022, 07:03
A glass raised in memory of a wonderful lady

Rev Jules
30th November 2022, 08:18
It shows you should value the time you have with beloved ones make the most of it, because you will never get it back.

We miss you Debs to us you were a true and revered friend you always greeted us with a big hug. we shall have that drink and remember the good times.

Dawn and Julien.

Gate Keeper
30th November 2022, 19:58
Debs always had a kind word for those less fortunate than herself, she was kind hearted and a fine lady, loved and remembered by all who knew her.

Wolds_lady_2006
9th December 2022, 17:07
Debs,

I know you are up there looking down and smiling chuck 😉

I know you've looked after me in your spirit and Andy too.

You're not forgotten but greatly missed ❤️

RIP

The Cov Posse 🍻🍻🍻

trikey
5th October 2023, 22:15
Well it's taken me a while, maybe because it hurts, maybe because I didnt want to say goodbye...

But hey, got my ar5e to Rhodes to debs favourite holiday place, and after a mile walk and 256 steps finally laid her ashes to rest.....

Watch over the folk at Pefkos Deb .. enjoy every sunset xxx

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20231005/5d0c36c29ea783a5ae643758e7ccd8b8.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20231005/43eac529b26000e8a31726afaa2c2b85.jpg

Mike Noc
6th October 2023, 05:46
Never an easy thing to do Andy - but a lovely place for Debs to rest in peace.

coab
6th October 2023, 06:14
Well done matey. It always takes time for the dust to settle but a lovely resting place that she will now enjoy forever. Take care of yourself.

FLYING BANANA
6th October 2023, 06:37
The memories will live on in your heart Andy, no one can take that away from you. Rest easy Debs, never forgotten.

squire
6th October 2023, 07:23
Always hard to say the last farewell, it's the last thing you can do for Debz and you know she loves you for it. The memories will live for ever, but like a scar they may fade a bit but will also be there.
RIP Debz in your happy place:o

Azur
6th October 2023, 07:23
Take care Andy, glad to know you have so many friends supporting you.

Rev Jules
6th October 2023, 07:32
Hi Andy Debz, was cherished by all who knew her, and will always be remembered, a truly lovely lady.

Rev.

Rogue
6th October 2023, 08:56
You have done her proud mate..

actros
6th October 2023, 10:13
Well it's taken me a while, maybe because it hurts, maybe because I didnt want to say goodbye...

But hey, got my ar5e to Rhodes to debs favourite holiday place, and after a mile walk and 256 steps finally laid her ashes to rest.....

Watch over the folk at Pefkos Deb .. enjoy every sunset xxx

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20231005/5d0c36c29ea783a5ae643758e7ccd8b8.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20231005/43eac529b26000e8a31726afaa2c2b85.jpg

Sent from my SM-G780G using TapatalkWell done Andy she would be proud of you i know its hard as i have been there myself she was the top lady and we will always remember her god bless

madeupname
6th October 2023, 15:09
Sounds like a lovely place for her to rest. We'll never forget Debz, even though I only met her a couple of times. rip Debz.

edwardmk
7th October 2023, 10:36
A very poignant thread. Wishing you all the best Andy. You're making the right moves. I never met Debz, but feel sure she'd approve and would want you to be happy. You've done her proud.

roverbarmy
7th October 2023, 11:09
As the greeks would say "ζωή σε σας"
Our thoughts are with you.
A wonderful place for bluebirds to fly.

SomedaysIfeel75
7th October 2023, 12:52
Pefkos is beautiful; we stayed just down from the famous cross when we were there 5 years back. A lovely place to spend some time.

All the best to you Trikey; take care.

trikey
7th October 2023, 15:20
Thank you all, it means a lot to read your words.

suzublu
7th October 2023, 16:33
Just caught up with this Andy, a lovely tribute to a great lass:bowdown: Always up for a laugh and very kind and giving. She's sorely missed. God bless:cool:

MSS
7th October 2023, 19:52
Andy - you've done Debz proud. Take care my friend.

bl52krz
9th October 2023, 20:09
Hi Andy. I never met your obviously very loved other half. I am sure that she is with you all the while. You have personal memories that you will go to sleep with. I never had the good fortune to meet Debs, but she sure sounds a love, laugh a minute lady. You have done the last thing for her life wishes. Bless you Andy mate. Sleep tight.

Bluejon
9th October 2023, 23:12
https://i.imgur.com/48Rdzto.jpg
Andy, our Debs will be with us always, you have done her proud Buddy.

Bluebird, 'Fly High Darl' Night Night God Bless, Forever in our Thoughts.

John & Jan.

AndyN01
10th October 2023, 07:04
Little to add to the above.

Good for you, mate. As always, remember the laughs and the Love.

whitegold
10th October 2023, 09:51
Just found this Andy, great tribute to a fine lady . Still difficult to believe she has moved away and is no longer with us. R I P Debz.
You take care pal.

trikey
10th October 2023, 18:19
Thanks again guys, your memories of Deb mean a lot.

trikey
29th November 2023, 16:14
And another year has passed, where the hell is my plenum cleaning, alcantara debobbling little helper?

The rovering world hasn't been the same since you went.

This glass is raised for you Deb, until we walk the collies again along a deserted old airfield..... ❤️ https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20231129/aef209494855d129044f5f3a05e7e4bc.jpg

MSS
29th November 2023, 18:51
A glass raised here for Debz too, Andy.

Saga Lout
29th November 2023, 19:28
As the clock ticks our time down, we have only memories of those that left us. In time, we become those same memories for others we leave behind, not too shabby really if time is kind to what we leave behind us.
A toast to her is all we have, it's sent with love.

Mike Noc
29th November 2023, 21:16
Raising a glass to Debz here tonight Andy.