PDA

View Full Version : Rip off britain

bl52krz
13th November 2022, 19:27
Decided to order for PICK UP a set of front brake pads for the diesel from Eurocarparts sister site, Carparts4less. Went through the usual rigmarole, then decided to pay up before collecting them MYSELF FROM THEIR SHOP. No I will not. The cheeky so & so’s want to CHARGE ME £1.99. What, to pick them up myself? They must think we are mental, or they want to go out of business. Anyone heard of this happening before? I really think there is a mistake somewhere?

trebor
13th November 2022, 19:48
This is what their website says Dave

" Click & Collect is an easy way to check the stock, latest price and reserve products. This service is FREE from all 250+ Branches Nationwide. "

DomT101
14th November 2022, 11:04
Same down here, now costs £1.99 to collect from the local Euro Car Parts store, ridiculous!

Robson Rover Repair
14th November 2022, 14:26
First mistake you made was going to euro car parts. I'd rather use my bum cheeks as brake pads than the stuff they sell.

trebor
14th November 2022, 14:38
Surely if it is free on their website they are not allowed to charge so someone ask the question and report back if you order any more parts

bl52krz
14th November 2022, 18:26
I have already asked the question Rob. Will let you know when I hear back from them.

macafee2
14th November 2022, 20:16
I was looking to order some chipboard flooring from Wickes, web site says free delivery. Went into Wickes, web site says free delivery. Went to pay and delivery is £30, due to weight it incurs a charge. The sales person tried to split the order up to smaller quantities, delivery £30.

I refuse to pay delivery. I'm feeling a bit narked by this time and so Rip of Britain seems to fit but here is the twist.
They stuck in I think a trade discount code, which not on gave me a discount to cover the £30 delivery but and extra £16 as well.

macafee2

y wife already had gotten a huge discount by getting gift card via a staff discount scheme

SCP440
14th November 2022, 22:01
Find a local motor factor, there is usualy a couple in most towns and most are happy dealing with the public and there prices are usually very competative.

bl52krz
14th November 2022, 22:25
I was looking to order some chipboard flooring from Wickes, web site says free delivery. Went into Wickes, web site says free delivery. Went to pay and delivery is £30, due to weight it incurs a charge. The sales person tried to split the order up to smaller quantities, delivery £30.

I refuse to pay delivery. I'm feeling a bit narked by this time and so Rip of Britain seems to fit but here is the twist.
They stuck in I think a trade discount code, which not on gave me a discount to cover the £30 delivery but and extra £16 as well.

macafee2

y wife already had gotten a huge discount by getting gift card via a staff discount scheme
I ordered Set of Pagid front brake pads. I got a discount of 19%. Then the £1.99 was added. Where do they think they are going at this rate? Down the tubes I hope. Give with the one hand, and take with the other. The world is going nut’s.

tonybel
16th November 2022, 17:36
I ordered Set of Pagid front brake pads. I got a discount of 19%. Then the £1.99 was added. Where do they think they are going at this rate? Down the tubes I hope. Give with the one hand, and take with the other. The world is going nut’s.

its probably an atempt to discorage unprofitale and time waisting customers. There are customers who cost more than they are worth and you seem to be a prime candidate.

bl52krz
16th November 2022, 23:14
its probably an atempt to discorage unprofitale and time waisting customers. There are customers who cost more than they are worth and you seem to be a prime candidate.
Sorry I come from the other end of the spectrum. If it’s not giving them a profit, why sell it in the first place? Does not compute,your idea,sorry.

Arctic
17th November 2022, 09:15
Sorry I come from the other end of the spectrum. If it’s not giving them a profit, why sell it in the first place? Does not compute,your idea,sorry.

Hi Dave.
You would be better getting these below.
Front.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225063303970
£37.99

Rear.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133314186609
£28.95

Pagid front from Eurocarparts
£35.99

Pagid rear.
£29.99

Retap
17th November 2022, 10:20

Is this in contention for most retarded comment 2022. :shrug:

RogerHeinz57
17th November 2022, 18:55
All kinds of weird stuff going on these days, and like many - cannot understand how it is possible for things to be made so awkward, and make customers unhappy. For me recently, I had a better experience with two suppliers, GSF for a front wheel bearing kit that offered free delivery with orders above £25. I opted to buy the bearing from them and a 501 bulb to get to just over the free delivery offer based on price, and the other was Motor Parts Direct (Local to my work) for a set of brake pads and a filter kit for a chums car. These were delivered the same day with no delay or charge in terms of delivery (I am in the motor industry) But both were superbly priced and no issues whatsoever with delivery.
I suspect that some branches are better humans to deal with than others, but overall a better customer experience will encourage a returning customer time and time again. The BIG boys seem to think they have the edge over the lesser sized suppliers, but cannot do customer service properly. MPD is a great source for quality service and parts - I keep using them to lessen the messing around, beit paying a touch more for the parts, they dont sell rubbish !
Not sure how you guys are getting on with parts supply for the age range of R75 / MG products, but hope you can still get the main stuff needed to keep these superb cars going for as long as possible.
Now driving a different car, but enjoying doing less work on my own car, as I work with cars for a living, so dont need any car hobbies or activities now apart from emergencies.