PDA

View Full Version : Valeted a proper car today!!

AURORA MG
24th January 2009, 20:19
Had a call the other day from a lady in Marden near Maidstone who wanted her husband's car valeted for his birthday. Turned out it was a ZT190+. When my passion for MG's & Rover's etc emerged the job was mine!!

Did the car today - a Royal blue ZT & I told the guy about this club/forum & recomended he joined up & I have a feeling he may have done so allready.
In forgot to take a photo of the car though lol.

Took a while longer to do than normal as a conversation about cars came about!!

Kandyman
25th January 2009, 13:06
I'll get you to do my car and the wifes R25 one day, maybe when the weathers dryer :)

AURORA MG
25th January 2009, 21:44
I'll get you to do my car and the wifes R25 one day, maybe when the weathers dryer :)

That will be a pleasure Andy. Maybe I can do your 75 before the next meet!

Phil
25th January 2009, 21:46
That will be a pleasure Andy. Maybe I can do your 75 before the next meet!

How much does a good valet cost?

AURORA MG
25th January 2009, 22:44
How much does a good valet cost?

Here is a link to my website www.exv-mobile.co.uk & pop into the services page where it explains the two most popular services.
- direct link here. http://www.exv-mobile.co.uk/services.html

It mainly depends on the condition of the car but a standard car in an average condition for the "Premium Exec Service" - see website for what this involves is £90 (4 to 4.5 hours) however if the car is below average then it is dearer. These prices are also for local jobs.
Additional sevices I offer are engine detail by hand = £20. I clean as much as I can reach by hand, this includes the underside of the bonnet.

After the leather has been cleaned it can be treated/fed which you should do every 6 Months = £25.
After the seats/carpets have been cleaned they can be treated with a "Scotchgaurd" like spray (anti-stain). £25 for the seats & £40 for seats + carpets.

I can of course prepare a car to show standard but this is a case of how far does one go? For example I spent 6 hours just vacuuming the carpet of my MG Maestro that my wife bought me last May to try & get every grain of grit out of it, now if that was a customer that 6 hours would be around £100.

I may add that after only 2 Months of owning the MG Maestro it was entered into MG Saloon Day in July 2008 & won "Best MG Maestro!"

JohnDotCom
25th January 2009, 23:16
Could do with your services for Cosford Meet.
But just a little bit far for me to drive I'm afraid.

Jules
6th February 2009, 10:36
I daren't bring Aurora to Cosford in case it's not up to scratch:o

AURORA MG
6th February 2009, 17:26
I daren't bring Aurora to Cosford in case it's not up to scratch:o

I'm sure it looks very nice but no need to worry as I won't be able to go to the meet as I don't have a ZT or 75!!

Tim
6th February 2009, 17:36
I'm sure it looks very nice but no need to worry as I won't be able to go to the meet as I don't have a ZT or 75!!

Knowing you its safe to say "at the moment". :D;)