PDA

View Full Version : Front Lower SUspeson Arm Rear Bushes

IGH
3rd April 2023, 13:18
Hi
I know this is probably a 'how long is a piece of string question' but both the bushes in the title bar need replacing.
I have scourced a pair of OEM bushes and four new bolts.
The local garage I have used before have quoted £221.00 labour (+VAT) to fit.
I have seen that they can be replaced with the bottom arm left in place (albeit that its a fiddly job getting to the bolts and involves a bit of judicious levering on the lower arm to do it).
Would any of the wise souls on here care to give me their views on how long they think it might take to do? Bearing in mind a garage has ramps etc. to make access easier.
Sadly my days of lying flat on my back under a car are over.
As ever, many thanks for your thoughts/advice.

timon
3rd April 2023, 13:37
It shouldn't take much more than 1 hour a side for a professional. It's been a while since I last did the job without the arms removed, but the more the bushes are worn the easier they come off. New ones aren't that hard to fit around the arms with the right lubricant and a pry bar.

bigblue75
3rd April 2023, 14:45
https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=318317

has some good photos from Arctic of various tools that can be used and some advice from seasoned members - there's also a link to a method suggested by a no longer active member that really does give the best way to do this....

but how long is a piece of string?

IGH
4th April 2023, 11:34
Thanks very much for coming back to me.
Gives me a position to start negotiating from.
Keep you posted.
Regards

Andy_with_a_screwdriver
4th April 2023, 19:41
I did this a few years ago, and it was a real devil to do because the bolt was rusted. Took me hours. See here: https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=289183

Good luck with it. The biggest plus is you'll never need to do it again! :}

Arctic
4th April 2023, 20:14
Hi
I know this is probably a 'how long is a piece of string question' but both the bushes in the title bar need replacing.
I have scourced a pair of OEM bushes and four new bolts.
The local garage I have used before have quoted £221.00 labour (+VAT) to fit.
I have seen that they can be replaced with the bottom arm left in place (albeit that its a fiddly job getting to the bolts and involves a bit of judicious levering on the lower arm to do it).
Would any of the wise souls on here care to give me their views on how long they think it might take to do? Bearing in mind a garage has ramps etc. to make access easier.
Sadly my days of lying flat on my back under a car are over.
As ever, many thanks for your thoughts/advice.

https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=318317

has some good photos from Arctic of various tools that can be used and some advice from seasoned members - there's also a link to a method suggested by a no longer active member that really does give the best way to do this....

but how long is a piece of string?

Hi Ian.
Have a read of the link above, also a local garage by me will fit them for you for £50 saying it takes about an hour with the car on the four or two poster lift.

a post from the link above states Lates can do then in 10 minutes i doubt it but certainly not cost what the garage you have asked to give you a price.

They are trying to pull the wool over your eyes in my opinion, so stay clear of that garage.

https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=2925004&postcount=14

MissMoppet
5th April 2023, 08:31
Some may disagree but if you've only got ramps like me and can remember when How much is that doggy in the window, then get a garage to do it. It's a pig of a job. I had to give up halfway and call out my local garage to finish the job on my driveway. Most embarrassing.

KWIL
5th April 2023, 11:32
[QUOTE=
Good luck with it. The biggest plus is you'll never need to do it again! :}[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately not a given, I am about to change mine for the second time now only 105K miles, quality parts were used.

IGH
5th April 2023, 13:13
Cheers all
Love this forum.
Many thanks