PDA

View Full Version : Qu: Has anyone with the 'single' in-tank fuel pump ever had problems?

pondweed
22nd February 2007, 07:01
just starting to wonder about the spec and quality of the later replacement in-tank pump, hence the question. i.e. this is focused on people WITHOUT the auxiliary pump under the bonnet.
I realise this is going to be on comparatively new cars, but worth asking, I think?

Zeb
22nd February 2007, 07:39
just starting to wonder about the spec and quality of the later replacement in-tank pump, hence the question. i.e. this is focused on people WITHOUT the auxiliary pump under the bonnet.
I realise this is going to be on comparatively new cars, but worth asking, I think?

Not thus far but I have only done 4500 miles!

CMPQS
22nd February 2007, 07:44
Oct 04 ZT 190. completed 30K. Never had a problem with the fuel pump. Have had the water pump changed tho.

My Boss has had 3 ZT 190's & had the problem on the first of his two MK 1's & a problem with the early kenwood stereos not working with the steeling wheel controls. Done about 120K in all.

I also have a collegue with a 03 75 tourer 2.5V6 who has never had the problem although he has had the intermitant air bag issue. Done about 50K

None of us have had the VIS valve or plenum problems either.

be interested to here how common all these common problems actually are.

JohnDotCom
22nd February 2007, 09:28
I have done 64000 miles with the single fuel pump in my 2005 MK2 Facelift model with no problems to date. Touch Wood, ah no wood, Now where's me head! Thats Better. :D