PDA

View Full Version : Swapping ECU's ????

tourerfogey
22nd February 2007, 21:34
A theoretical question

Could the ECU from a 2.5 V6 75 be replaced with an ECU from a V6 2.5 ZT ????

Simon
22nd February 2007, 21:36
I'm going with no.

Those darned ZCS codes will no doubt cause problems...

EDIT: Unless you got one from a car with the same spec as yours. Maybe then, and only then could the VIN data be updated. Keith or someone with a larger brain than me will tell you more.

Are you planning to make your 75 engine map into a ZT engine map? This question has been asked before and as of yet, no one seems to know for definate if it is possible or not.

Theoretically, you could update the engine map onto your existing ECU but we do not yet know how... :shrug:

Zeb
22nd February 2007, 21:36
A theoretical question

Could the ECU from a 2.5 V6 75 be replaced with an ECU from a V6 2.5 ZT ????

I think not, unless it is a new one!

JohnDotCom
23rd February 2007, 09:55
With all the Codeing matching etc I'm afraid not. Ive seen the EBay ads and the Companies that say they can but I have not Heard/seen any sucessful ones yet. But of course stand to be corrected, usually am!.

Mike
23rd February 2007, 10:45
ecu's are coded to the car they are installed into at build so the answer is no to doing an easy swap. Thus those ebay sellers are rip off merchants and they know it!

There are companies who say they can sort this but I haven't heard of a success to date.

hth

Mike

Ratdogfink
25th February 2007, 00:07
http://www.the-ecu-doctor.co.uk/

I've had no dealings with the above but their site makes interesting reading. Might be worth a call.
:cool:

Keith
25th February 2007, 20:26
It can sort of be done but there is little value in the exercise.
The 75 and ZT ECUs are both the same unit just a different ECU map which can and would need to be over written

You could fit one from another car provided you also had the EWS (immobilizer ECU) from that car as well as they must be kept as a pair

You would need to know your cars correct ZCS codes (from T4) first as you would need to update the ECU and EWS with these

Probably a pig to do in reality