PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Stereo!

WeeMan
23rd February 2007, 18:05
:drool4: Found this on e-bay, no good to me but looks like a good bargain for someone!...

nearly ended though

symphony? kinda shaped

£30 !!! on a buy it now (and No it's not mine ;) )

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ROVER-75-RADIO-CASSETTE-ASSEMBLY-NEW-BOXED_W0QQitemZ330088561242QQihZ014QQcategoryZ1041 4QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Mike
23rd February 2007, 18:14
Yes, it's a Japanese market unit so the FM radio isn't UK suited. Adaptors available though, as posted elsewhere on here earlier in the week.

BMC123
23rd February 2007, 19:40
well they don't deliver to Ireland so that's me out :( those Japanese radios are good fun, as you can usually pick up some local taxi firms on them :)

Kandyman
23rd February 2007, 19:55
BMC if you have trouble with getting things shipped to Ireland then let me know and you could get it shipped to me (kent) and then i can ship it on to you after i have recived your shipping payment :)

i helped Spooks with getting stuff out to Denmark.

All the best

actros
23rd February 2007, 19:59
well they don't deliver to Ireland so that's me out :( those Japanese radios are good fun, as you can usually pick up some local taxi firms on them :)I have got one here at home if anybody wants it thats going to the meet as it says jap spec.brand new plus the alpine cd changer that fits anybody wants it make me an offer.:cool2: :driving:

STUBIE
23rd February 2007, 20:02
I've bought one as a spare and another to perhaps sell on, will be trying it with a band expander at the weekend connected to my CD changer, but basically for £30 it's an excellent quality stereo that fits right in with the 75 interior.

Let you know how I get on

Stubs

martin1973
23rd February 2007, 22:04
Could you post a photo once installed please

Upgraded the kenwood in my ZT to a high end kenwood, but does look out of place (on all previous cars have taken out oem system and replaced with sony stuff, but it just looks really naff in the zt for some unknow reason)

Half toying with the idea of going down the big bulky fisher price style oem route.

Whats needed to make the japan spec wireless work and is it an easy and cheap mod?

Would an 04 ZT with kenwood system still have the loom in for the oem symphony/alpine set up? (my changer is in the boot and know that its usually in the glove box so wondered if a loom might be there still)

martin1973
23rd February 2007, 22:11
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330091750409&fromMakeTrack=true

so are these the symphony units?

stef_uk
25th February 2007, 08:06
yes martin they are symphony units but they are not UK spec so the radio will not be able to find a channel as japan use a different band...everything else would function as normal...well worth buying for spares or to mod to UK spec

martin1973
25th February 2007, 10:57
Seems to be gadgets listed on ebay to convert Jap grey import stereso to uk spec, so would assume they would work
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=011&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=320083548080&rd=1&rd=1

Which boot changer goes with the symphony head unit?

Will have to see if loom is already there (even though have the kewood set up in my ZT) If not are the looms silly money or not too bad?

(few years back got a price from sony for the cable from boot changer to head unit and it was over £50)

stef_uk
27th February 2007, 16:56
sony or alpine go with the symphony...don't know if any others do