PDA

View Full Version : leather seats

keith52
26th February 2007, 18:57
Any help advice please , i have a chance of a set of immaculate leather seats for my club 2.0 litre 02 plate tourer , how differcult would it be to fit these bearing in mind that the new interior comes with electric memory seats etc so would the loom be present and if not how would i wire the seats Cheers Keith

Moonstone
26th February 2007, 19:59
This poster seemed to think the loom was present. Check under the carpets.
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=21221&postcount=1
Not sure if the memory seats would need extra wiring than might be provided for electric or heated seats. I think they would have to be enabled by dealer testbook, though maybe this is just for the remote key-fob function.

Christopher
26th February 2007, 20:46
Memory seats need to be on the K-bus as they are "intelligent" AFAIK the cabling will not be there for the mem-seats. I have elecric seats and there is no sign of them :(

Bernard LPG
26th February 2007, 21:40
I have retro-fitted memory seats into a mate's low spec car. The memory and controls are all under the seat, the only thing that will not work is the key operated select mode. I had to lay wiring from the fusebox - no loom in that specific car. Two earths and two ignition live needed IIRC.

keith52
27th February 2007, 05:48
thanks all for the replies, i'll have the opportunity to remove all the parts required but i'm not sure what i need any pics or diagrams please ?

Christopher
27th February 2007, 08:42
I have retro-fitted memory seats into a mate's low spec car. The memory and controls are all under the seat, the only thing that will not work is the key operated select mode. I had to lay wiring from the fusebox - no loom in that specific car. Two earths and two ignition live needed IIRC.

Bernard, when you say "The memory and controls are all under the seat" then "I had to lay wiring from the fusebox - no loom in that specific car" - can you elaborate please?

Moonstone
27th February 2007, 08:46
No-one's done a "How-to" yet - you could be the lucky person. Take a camera with you. There are some photos in the Haynes manual, if you can get one. The Haynes procedure is prefaced by a warning about the risk of triggering the side airbags. Battery must be disconnected for 10 minutes before starting.

4 Torx bolts hold each front seat. Leads for airbag, belt pre-tensioner, controls and heating need to be disconnected. Maybe if you can remove the Memory ECU lead, or at least trace it back, it might be possible to retrofit. At least, make a note of the wiring colours. Haynes advises a new set of Torx bolts on re-fitting.

For the rear seat cushion, lift it free of the clips at both ends, then push back and lift rear to unhook. Seat belt bolts will have to be removed to actually get the cushion out. The backrest just unhooks at the base, after folding down.

If you want the heating (if the pads are fitted), remember to recover the switch panel if it's available.

Found these pics of the underseat connectors. The yellow is probably the airbag.
http://pics.jameswilkinson.me.uk/carimages.htm

JohnDotCom
27th February 2007, 09:44
Can't see the Pics Moonstone?
The Haynes Manual is still available direct at a discount to club members.

Bernard LPG
27th February 2007, 15:41
Bernard, when you say "The memory and controls are all under the seat" then "I had to lay wiring from the fusebox - no loom in that specific car" - can you elaborate please?

What I mean is that the intelligence for the operation AND memory is in the black box under the seat and all it needs is a power supply which I had to install under the carpet from a convenient point in the fusebox. I just ignored the key controlled memory selection which connects to whatever bus. I tested the seats with a spare battery connected to the seat connector before installing.

I thought, in vain, that all that would be missing might have been the short bit of loom that connects the seats to the main loom. So it was a PITA to have to thread a cable under the carpet. Knowing Rover, I'll bet the main loom is there in some cars, in which case the job is a lot easier.

Can't remember which pin is what but I dare say that I could work it out again if necessary.

keith52
27th February 2007, 20:05
No-one's done a "How-to" yet - you could be the lucky person.

I don't know about being lucky:) but thanks again for all your advice , i will take pics when i do the deed and my plan is to remove anything and everything i think i need .Cheers Keith

Christopher
27th February 2007, 20:26
Thanks Bernard - I understand now ;) That explains why the keyfob operation would not work then.

Cheers

keith52
20th April 2007, 16:43
As the weather is superb at present i thought i'd have a go at fitting my leather interior , they are memory seats which were fully working in the donor car but not out ( ive got a wiring diagram to follow ) The passenger seat works fine ( not memory )but the drivers won't budge, is there a way of bypassing the memory mode I'm not fussed whether this option works (but it would be nice if it did ) Any one please