PDA

View Full Version : Abs Problem?

PARKY1912
12th March 2009, 20:40
Anybody ever have this problem. ABS warning light stays on after starting engine and speedo won't work, also fuel gauge fluctuates up and down. This doesn't happen every time, when ABS light goes out as it should the gauges both work perfectly. Had a new sensor fitted for the MOT couple of weeks ago and ran without any problems for the first week. Also now and then get a judder through brake pedal just as I come to a halt even with minimal pressure on pedal. Any ideas?

Phil
12th March 2009, 20:59
Anybody ever have this problem. ABS warning light stays on after starting engine and speedo won't work, also fuel gauge fluctuates up and down. This doesn't happen every time, when ABS light goes out as it should the gauges both work perfectly. Had a new sensor fitted for the MOT couple of weeks ago and ran without any problems for the first week. Also now and then get a judder through brake pedal just as I come to a halt even with minimal pressure on pedal. Any ideas?

Hi, welcome to the forum and club.:D

Get the faults checked by computer, I expect the judder is the ABS modulator running. If you've had a new sensor, I would expect that they scanned the codes before and replaced the relavant sensor so hopefully the new sensor is ok. Maybe the pick up ring is dirty/corroded.