PDA

View Full Version : Keeps stalling at the same place.

Ratdogfink
28th February 2007, 15:55
Hi
My 1.8T conni se stalls at the T junction about 500 meters from my house. It does it wether I am driving or the wife!! It's then fine. It does it after being started from cold, drive up to the junction and then it stalls as you start to pull away. Anyone got any idea's
Cheers

Countach
28th February 2007, 16:04
Do you notice the same problem with any other cars, or when your car is warm?

Ratdogfink
28th February 2007, 16:19
Never seems to happen when the car is warm, and never with any other car.

Nick Hoare
28th February 2007, 16:24
Hi
My 1.8T conni se stalls at the T junction about 500 meters from my house. It does it wether I am driving or the wife!! It's then fine. It does it after being started from cold, drive up to the junction and then it stalls as you start to pull away. Anyone got any idea's
Cheers

I have the exact same problem (Not the same T junction though :) )
My 1.8 Conn se stalls as I pull away after stopping at the first junction after a cold start. This has only happened during the winter and I find I have to warm the engine up for a few minutes before pulling away to prevent it stalling at the first junction.

Hope someone will be along soon with a few ideas.

tourerfogey
28th February 2007, 17:13
The answer is simple - use a different route....

Simon
28th February 2007, 21:32
This problem has occured before. I seem to recall a long debate/discussion over the possible causes.

A search on desiel stalling may throw up some ideas.

Countach
1st March 2007, 15:53
So its a diesel problem,
sounds like a damn good reason to go petrol, then you can get a V8...:D

JohnDotCom
1st March 2007, 16:34
He would still stall with the V8 as he would run out of Petrol so much quicker! :D

driverjgp
1st March 2007, 16:51
Not using Tesco fuel are you? lol :D

JohnDotCom
1st March 2007, 17:07
Not using Tesco fuel are you? lol :D
No Morrissons with the special Water additive! ;)

Ratdogfink
1st March 2007, 17:58
My 1.8T conni se stalls at the T junction about 500 meters from my house.

Would imply it's a 1.8T, are there any wiesel 1.8T's??????
Durrrr.:confused:
Anyhoo
My 1.8 T Petrol. I have searched for stalling and got some useful advice (about an hour) but not on the stalling problem. I did however get diverted.
Has any one got any good ideas!!

On petrol, my local safeways once put unleaded into the leaded (or lead substitute) tanks and vice versa, this blew the cylinder head gasket of my 1955 Ariel 600 side valve in 900 yards.
Also about 12 years ago I was living near Cardiff and a station there was mixing sea water with the petrol and got it wrong, I went to fill up but could not get there due to all the cars that had broken down outside, it was chaos, luckily my 1954 A35 didn't drink there.
anyway anyhoo, petrol is a much nicer fuel, especially with a turbo and in silver. Even if it does stall at the first T junction.:drool4:

Simon
1st March 2007, 20:43
Have you checked your HT leads? Shorting could cause sudden engine shutdown to prevent damage. Why it happens when cold? Havent the foggiest but it's a thought.

Does T4 throw up any fault codes?