PDA

View Full Version : The second towing

lady zed
28th February 2007, 20:18
:mad: For the second time in a year I had to phone the AA to come and tow my gorgeous car to the garage. Only had 2 major problems with it, but both rendering my big beauty undriveable.

For reasons I shall keep to myself the 75 spent the weekend in the pound, got her out on Mon and went to the supermarket, got my shopping, in the boot, turned the key.......nothing, other than some flashing dash lights and a click. 2 hours later the 75 is on the back of a pick up truck getting towed to the garage. I think she's starting to enjoy it.

Anyway, got her back today with a new starter motor and a new power steering pump. The warranty covered it, the garage said it would have cost £600. Mmmm. Although possibly the amount of towing. The garage who were due to do the work were shut by the time the recovery got to me, I wasn't happy about her sitting on the road outside overnight so I told the pick up driver to take her to another garage (same franchise) about 10 mins from the first (they were still open). I thought they would arrange for the parts the first garage were holding to be delivered the next day, and I was told that. No they decided they weren't doing the work, the first garage would have to, so the car was towed back the next day. So any Glasgow folks who've saw a blue 75 being towed all over the place (towed to the car pound on Sat) then towed a further twice, it was mine.

Happy days. Anyway, the only thing to be done now is the front bushes, both sides, been quoted £159. What do you think?

GreyGhost
28th February 2007, 20:49
Hi Scoot

That's quite a saga, hope all is well now. Sorry I have no idea what replacement bushes will cost, I'm sure someone with an answer will be along shortly.

lady zed
28th February 2007, 20:51
Hi Scoot

That's quite a saga, hope all is well now. Sorry I have no idea what replacement bushes will cost, I'm sure someone with an answer will be along shortly.

Yes, I really should start that blog. How much drama can one person cope with???

Rich
28th February 2007, 20:53
http://www.blogger.com/signup.g

G'wan, you know you wanna ;)

Ps. Welcome back again!

lady zed
28th February 2007, 21:17
http://www.blogger.com/signup.g

G'wan, you know you wanna ;)

Ps. Welcome back again!

LOL!!!! I really should. I'll forget all this stuff soon, by next week probably, when I'm 70 with blue eye shadow and red lipstick I could write a great novel.

GreyGhost
28th February 2007, 21:53
LOL!!!! I really should. I'll forget all this stuff soon, by next week probably, when I'm 70 with blue eye shadow and red lipstick I could write a great novel.

And a blue rinse :hippy: :frightened: :nurse:

Moonstone
1st March 2007, 10:39
The bushes on my old 620 were £30 each, plus labour and wheel alignment. That's from an independent garage. Doesn't your warranty cover that? Wear and tear, I suppose.

Rich
1st March 2007, 15:43
LOL!!!! I really should.

We agree.

Do it :)