PDA

View Full Version : Halfords 3 for 2

relpet
30th March 2009, 09:13
As a new owner I'm keen to get keep my lovely 75 looking good and have read all the posts on valeting with great interest. A number of the recommended products are available in Halfords who currently have a three for the price of two offer. If any of your favourites are there it might be worth a look at their web site to see what's available.
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/categorydisplay_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_cate goryId_165609_langId_-1

Tatts
30th March 2009, 11:00
There's very little polish on offer though, seems more cloth & sponge orientated.

Strange..

relpet
30th March 2009, 12:25
When I looked there were four pages of shampoos, polishes, waxes, clays etc - some of which have been highly recommended by other users, and some with 5 star reviews by Halfords' customers. Might be worth another look.

JohnDotCom
30th March 2009, 13:32
Seems to be just pages of cloths etc to me. :shrug:
But good if you need to top up on Wash mits and the like.

relpet
30th March 2009, 14:08
Sorry, chaps. I must have posted the wrong URL. If you Google to the main Halfords site, click the Car Maintenance tab, take Car cleaning and Washers from the drop-down you'll see the offer on all car cleaning products in the middle of the page. Take it from there. Sorry for the confusion but I'm just off to my local branch now.

Simon
30th March 2009, 14:11
Actually, if you navigate back a little to one the pages higher up in the hierarchy you will find all manner of nice things as described by the OP: http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/categorydisplay_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_cate goryId_165731_langId_-1 Use the pane on the left of the page to navigate through other categories such as waxes & polishes, shampoos, washmits etc etc....

EDIT: Snap with post above... :)

eskezz
30th March 2009, 14:11
The man is right-type in car polish on the Halfords site and up they pop-3 for 2 as stated.

relpet
30th March 2009, 18:35
As a new owner who never gave a monkey's about cleaning the car I had to buy a pretty full inventory today, nine items. By splitting the purchases into three groups, expensive, not so dear and cheap I saved nearly £20 on the three free items.
Then a funny thing happened. I got home and started shampooing the car and two people stopped and said "What a nice car!" I bought my first car in 1963 and this has never happened before. Seem to have made the right choice.

adrenalin rush
2nd April 2009, 10:30
Just got a Turtle Wax leather bag complete with glass / trim / alloy / tyre / shampoo / Polish and sponge for £15 I ONLY WANTED THE BAG for my lap-top :D:D:D:D

relpet
2nd April 2009, 18:28
Oh, well done, adrenalin rush. I bought Autoglym products as a result of the offer and am delighted with results, especially after the cost saving.