PDA

View Full Version : CD playing software (or info site) needed

uk_dave&gill
31st March 2009, 18:05
OK, I'll admit it's a bit nerdy, but I like to keep a database of my CD collection!

One of the "fields" is playing time. Sometimes this is on the CD, but in the more modern times we live in, I usually get it when I rip the CD to my in-car mp3 player.

However, I'm currently stymied on this as the two progs I use (Windows Media Player 11 and iTunes) can't help. For some reason WMP has had the total playing time feature removed. iTunes does show total time, but not as "proper" minutes and seconds - for example if an album is 55 mins and 15 seconds long it'll show 55:25 (ie, the seconds are shown as a decimal) I guess it'd be easy enough to work this out, but I want an easy life!

So I either need a player that shows playing time as it should be, or an online database that does this for me

Anyone know of anything that might help?

Cheers!

ColinB
31st March 2009, 19:09
Hi Dave,

In media player, go to Library then Album and you probably get lots of thumbnails of your albums A-Z.
Now look next to the search box top right.
To the left is a dropdown menu. Select details and you get the albums in a list complete with Total length in hours,minutes and seconds.

uk_dave&gill
31st March 2009, 22:32
Hi Dave,

In media player, go to Library then Album and you probably get lots of thumbnails of your albums A-Z.
Now look next to the search box top right.
To the left is a dropdown menu. Select details and you get the albums in a list complete with Total length in hours,minutes and seconds.

So you do! Nice one!

To start with it was just track length, but then I changed the view, and, bingo!!

Cheers!

ColinB
1st April 2009, 07:20
You're welcome.:D