PDA

View Full Version : JUST been Tee Foured..

ceedy
7th April 2009, 13:04
Just had my new petrol IPK t4'd into my ZT CDTI,

Just plugged it in it reported a miss match of units , asked if we wanted to configure.. clicked yes.. igniton switch on and off a couple of times and twas done..

ZT had not been near a T4 for ages. so took longer to check the fault codes for duff light bulbs and other odd reports. , too many dried tissues in wifes side glove pocket etc ..:D:D

All done in 15 mins.. all done for the price of .."you owe me one"..
what a very nice man!!!!!!

did noticed T4 said no FBH , so selected it as there is one .. does that means something now?, like its automatic on in coldspells ?.

Now all need is some info on driving the message centre.. and to swap the dials at some stage..

take care

all
Chris..

2Diesels
7th April 2009, 13:40
What's an FBH:shrug:

Reebmit
7th April 2009, 13:43
I believe Fuel Burning Heater:)

ceedy
7th April 2009, 13:57
What's an FBH:shrug:

one of these.... overkill maybe for an answer !!!

Chris

M3NDEREZ
7th April 2009, 14:06
All done in 15 mins.. all done for the price of .."you owe me one"..
what a very nice man!!!!!!

Does he fancy doing mine..? Would cost me about the same in Diesel to get there as the charlatans charge around here! £40+VAT for 15 minutes at a computer - I'll keep it in the box at that price :D

2Diesels
7th April 2009, 14:16
Thanks gents it's all starting to fall into place now, I'm just learning about these cars at the minute until I know enough then I'm havin one

Regards Colin

Reebmit
7th April 2009, 14:37
Thanks gents it's all starting to fall into place now, I'm just learning about these cars at the minute until I know enough then I'm havin one

Regards Colin
Colin, it will be the best car you've had and you'll never look back, cannot recommend them enough!:)

2Diesels
7th April 2009, 14:52
That's very reassuring thanks
Regards Col

billnick
7th April 2009, 14:58
Hi Colin, where abouts in sunny Northumberland are you ? you can have a look at mine if you want to get a closer look at a 75.

Regards Bill.

2Diesels
7th April 2009, 15:12
Hi Bill I'm in the ancient shire of Bedlington I'm keen to get a look at a few & suss out exactly what I want.

billnick
7th April 2009, 19:21
Hi Colin, You have a PM.

Bill.

sworks
7th April 2009, 21:00
Just had my new petrol IPK t4'd into my ZT CDTI,

Just plugged it in it reported a miss match of units , asked if we wanted to configure.. clicked yes.. igniton switch on and off a couple of times and twas done..

Chris..
This works but ideally no units should be fitted prior to T4 expecting it - checks and renewels then T4 will request the new part to be fitted

ceedy
7th April 2009, 21:02
This works but ideally no units should be fitted prior to T4 expecting it - checks and renewels then T4 will request the new part to be fitted

Hi ,

Please explain ?? i'm just a sponge for info ... :D

C.

sworks
7th April 2009, 21:10
When using T4 and changing any programmed units you are prompted by T4 when to change the part in question. When T4 is turned on and you work your way through the early screens there is a screen that explains that no programmable parts be fitted without T4 requesting it (can't remember exactly what it says as I'm usually hitting the 'continue' button to get where I want to be. The way your car was done works as there is a mismatch and T4 then sorts it out but I have always followed the checks and renewalls route as described

ceedy
8th April 2009, 07:23
When using T4 and changing any programmed units you are prompted by T4 when to change the part in question. When T4 is turned on and you work your way through the early screens there is a screen that explains that no programmable parts be fitted without T4 requesting it (can't remember exactly what it says as I'm usually hitting the 'continue' button to get where I want to be. The way your car was done works as there is a mismatch and T4 then sorts it out but I have always followed the checks and renewalls route as described

Ta for the reply..

According to another bloke there, they use a number of "get arounds" to do various things because of the " limitations" of the T4.

Just for info...
One of their's is the using a previous used IPK in another car.
Start off a bit like we did with a new IPK and when T4 asked if you want it programmed do a yes .. then swap the unit for an old one and continue, and t4 just blindly goes ahead ??

Would be good if true ??,
Not seen it myself and need a T4 peep to prove whether this is true or a bit of the proverbial !!

But the new IPk seems to be working ok, maybe tthe mpg is a bit overgenerous, will poss recal it sometime.

hope this make sense?

take care
Chris

sworks
8th April 2009, 18:25
I wouldn't be surprised if there were some 'work arounds' if you were prepared to try different options. It wasn't uncommon to fax MGR technical for some ZCS codes whilst you had a car connected for them to reply Three days later!