PDA

View Full Version : Swirl Removal

Dudley 75
9th April 2009, 23:03
My paint work seams to of suffered the dreaded swirls and seams to have some light surface scratches. Does anyone know where I can these professionally removed in the Birmingham area?

Lates
9th April 2009, 23:30
Send a pm to member empsburna or is it empsburma, he is local to you iirc.

Dragrad
9th April 2009, 23:31
My paint work seams to of suffered the dreaded swirls and seams to have some light surface scratches. Does anyone know where I can these professionally removed in the Birmingham area?

Or does anyone know how I can DIY remove then? ;) Not so much from me but from the previous owner :confused:

Rover418275
10th April 2009, 08:10

I have just got some Turtle Wax, Safe Cut Scratch remover (Safely removes light scratches and swirl marks.

Have not used it yet, there is a very good post about swirl marks and how to wash your car without causing any more.

Cheers:lol:

Dudley 75
10th April 2009, 10:57
I have read the thread on how to remove the swirls etc. Last time I used a polisher it was a disaster. I wouldn't mind getting it done professionaly.

tenerifemike
10th April 2009, 11:07
Having mine done today.

Will let you know how it turns out

Dudley 75
10th April 2009, 12:41
Ok.. that'll be great

Lates
10th April 2009, 18:21
I had Emps do mine last May,although I actually thought it looked good already, it looked a million dollars afterwards.:D:D:D

empsburna
10th April 2009, 21:53
I had Emps do mine last May,although I actually thought it looked good already, it looked a million dollars afterwards.:D:D:D
Cheers for the heads up. I didn't realise it was that long ago now!

tenerifemike
10th April 2009, 22:01
Picked up car after it had been to be polished. Looking really nice. Lovely shine.

Apparently he uses a wax containing palm oil.

Really pleased with the result.

empsburna
10th April 2009, 22:03
Picked up car after it had been to be polished. Looking really nice. Lovely shine.

Apparently he uses a wax containing palm oil.

Really pleased with the result.
This thread is useless without pics! ;) Where did you have it done?

tenerifemike
10th April 2009, 22:06
Yeah sorry. Meant to take some earlier but got sidetraked then it got dark

Will take them in the morning and post.

Mike

Dudley 75
10th April 2009, 23:11
Cheers for the heads up. I didn't realise it was that long ago now!

I think I contacted you today via your website. You quoted me £350 I think. Paul.

empsburna
10th April 2009, 23:30
I think I contacted you today via your website. You quoted me £350 I think. Paul.

Hi Paul, I remember your email. Two day correction and protection. We are working tomorrow if you would like to pop down for a cuppa and a chat and we can run the paint thickness guage over and have a look under the inspection lighting. Our base is opposite sandwell hospital.

Paul

Dudley 75
11th April 2009, 11:00
Hi Paul, I remember your email. Two day correction and protection. We are working tomorrow if you would like to pop down for a cuppa and a chat and we can run the paint thickness guage over and have a look under the inspection lighting. Our base is opposite sandwell hospital.

Paul

Thanks for the offer but I can't today. Will probably be the week after next. The other half has plans for next week as it is the easter holidays! (Grrrr).

CDTi
11th April 2009, 11:13
I think you need to use a DA polisher like the Megs G220 to remove the swirls properly.

Waxes and other products with fillers are really only temporary, although they may look great for a few months.

Have a look here (http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2569) for top tips..

StevenWilliams
11th April 2009, 11:19
Having mine done today.

Will let you know how it turns out

Just in time for cosford