PDA

View Full Version : X Power Grey

Dave Goody
6th November 2006, 11:48
Hi just been to Halfords for some touch up paint, nothing MG in stock but I believe X power grey [MG] is same as Tempest Grey? [Rover] can someone give me a yes/no Dave

GreyGhost
6th November 2006, 13:41
Hi just been to Halfords for some touch up paint, nothing MG in stock but I believe X power grey [MG] is same as Tempest Grey? [Rover] can someone give me a yes/no Dave

Tempest and XPG are one in the same.
I got a touch up in XPG from Halfords just a couple of weeks ago, my advice, don't bother, It was so far from the truth as to be absurd, too dark and not enough metal.
I bought a touch up Kit from Rimmer bros, cheaper and more to the point exactly right.
Part number AWZ000120 (01MB02AC01) may just be Rimmers code.
£ 5.19 delivered includes paint and lacquer
Ring them and make sure they have stock 01522 563344

The hard part is applying it :) I haven't attempted yet it has become too damp and cool.

Dave Goody
6th November 2006, 14:14
Tempest and XPG are one in the same.
I got a touch up in XPG from Halfords just a couple of weeks ago, my advice, don't bother, It was so far from the truth as to be absurd, too dark and not enough metal.
I bought a touch up Kit from Rimmer bros, cheaper and more to the point exactly right.
Part number AWZ000120 (01MB02AC01) may just be Rimmers code.
£ 5.19 delivered includes paint and lacquer
Ring them and make sure they have stock 01522 563344

The hard part is applying it :) I haven't attempted yet it has become too damp and cool.

Thanks for that, I'll contact Rimmers, luckily I know someone with a heated garage and I will park in it the night before I do any touching up to ensure the car is warm as well as the air temp. Dave

Kandyman
6th November 2006, 14:50
I think you would be better of using paint code JQW for your cars

Ok you guessed it, the code it for Midnight Blue, but would still look better ;) http://www.xerces.com/images/smilies/run.gif

DavidJ
6th November 2006, 17:36
My X Power touch up from Halfords was also a joke. Complete waste of money, and they won't refund despite guaranteing the colour match.

I picked a genuine one up from a former dealer, and it is as close as you could wish.

JP53
6th November 2006, 19:41
My X Power touch up from Halfords was also a joke. Complete waste of money, and they won't refund despite guaranteing the colour match.

I picked a genuine one up from a former dealer, and it is as close as you could wish.

I had the same with the Halfruds version of X power gray more of an X power darkish white! Got a genuine one from dealers. Incidentally if any one as a Royal Blue car (and what a great colour it is ;) ) then Land Rover Oslow Blue is the same. John.

Tim
6th November 2006, 19:45
Not a lot of people know this........

but X power Grey is the most common 260 colour, closely followed by Starlight silver.

Not a lot of people know that.:nurse:

Kandyman
6th November 2006, 19:47
All Sliver is common ;)

Tim
6th November 2006, 19:55
All Sliver is common ;)
Yea, but we don't need to put our lights on so early.:zap:

Mike
6th November 2006, 20:00
Yea, but we don't need to put our lights on so early.:zap:

:rofl: Good answer !

Kandyman
6th November 2006, 20:02
I think people hear you before they see you ;) saying that there hear me now with me fake v8 pipes :D

JP53
6th November 2006, 20:23
I think people hear you before they see you ;) saying that there hear me now with me fake v8 pipes :D

They don't hear me but they do see the petrol vaporising (well it seems to go some where very quickly) :lol: