PDA

View Full Version : Swop Or Fancy A Change.

Blue Flash
18th April 2009, 11:27
Nigh on impossible to find a set of Trophy Blue mirror covers(JFV Later type) would anyone be interested in a change/swap? I have a pair vgc chrome covers for exchange for the above,have stripped my waist finishers back to chrome and what with the handles and mirrors the car (to me ) now looks too bling/ top heavy!,foolishly I sold on my OEM colour coded ones and now regret it...any member interested?.

Reebs
18th April 2009, 18:54
Can't help you with a swap, but just did a search on the EPC for the part numbers:

CRC100280JFV Cover-body colour exterior mirror - RH, Trophy Blue (later tear drop project drive style)

None available, as you say.

but....

CRC100290JFV Cover-body colour exterior mirror - LH, Trophy Blue (project drive later style)

One available in Ireland !!

:smilie_re: http://www.thepart.com/en/search/details.mhtml?id=39502790

Lets hope they still have it.

Blue Flash
18th April 2009, 19:56
Cheers JDC did a search that also revealed the Eire one,....if its gonna happen why does it always have happen to me! looks like its turning out into :flog:

Phil
18th April 2009, 20:59
Can they not be sprayed? Or, get some painted in the wrong colour off a scrap car, then get them sprayed and sell your chrome ones on ebay?:)

Blue Flash
19th April 2009, 08:34
I have thought of this option but as Im a fussy devil only OEM will do, 2nd best is not a option although persistence is!....Thanks anyway ;).

Greeners
19th April 2009, 08:50
TBH, the chances of finding a pair of mirror covers in good condition is probably zero.....they usually have marks on them where they've been clipped.

I'd go for a freshly painted pair....just find a decent bodyshop.

In fact why not get them to paint a couple of pairs up at the same time...?

jon75v6
20th April 2009, 00:31
are these any good m8
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ROVER-75-MG-ZT-ZTT-DOOR-MIRRORS-ELECTRIC_W0QQitemZ140315390926QQcmdZViewItemQQptZU K_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item14031539 0926&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A4%7C65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Blue Flash
20th April 2009, 16:06
Have asked him a Q,turns out that they are marked/scuffed!,thanks for the head up though,much obliged.

stux99
21st April 2009, 15:39
Been thinking about it, any pics of yours?
My paint is starting to part company with the chrome side strips and I am considering a respray or taking them back to chrome, but havent seen a T/Blue with chrome on it.

Blue Flash
21st April 2009, 19:05
Been thinking about it, any pics of yours?
My paint is starting to part company with the chrome side strips and I am considering a respray or taking them back to chrome, but havent seen a T/Blue with chrome on it.

Sorry no phots as I don't know how to,with a bit of digging I think you may find some images on here,easy enough to strip I bought a pack of clips off ebay and found the only way to get the wing one's of was to break the clip and then slide the strips off, the door strips slide off and its easier with a pair of rubber/surgical gloves to give some mega grip/pushing force when sliding them off and then stripped with nitromors and a kids lolly pop stick/wood as to prevent any damage to the finish,then polished up with polish and a strip of carpet which allows you to exert some force down on the chrome,the rear 1/4's are held in place with 2 x 8mm plastic nuts and rubber washers to prevent water ingress into the spare wheel well access to these is by removing the bulkhead carpet(saloon),I was a little apprehensive at first but once you get cracking..............a doddle ;)

JohnDotCom
25th April 2009, 17:16
I have found one new OEM corrct Colour.
See below:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rover-75-MG-ZT-Left-Door-Mirror-Cover-Trophy-Blue_W0QQitemZ110373238194QQihZ001QQcategoryZ10414 QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

g-mac
2nd October 2009, 01:33
would anyone dare to nitro morse the waist strips insitu, aka fastened to the car??
im tempted, with care and att of course

P63500S
2nd October 2009, 10:59
would anyone dare to nitro morse the waist strips insitu, aka fastened to the car??

kamikaze..........lol

2Diesels
2nd October 2009, 12:13

It'll all end in tears, I know the clips aren't cheap but at least you wont end up having to get both sides of the car painted

Regards Colin

FredSpencer
2nd October 2009, 16:45
It'll all end in tears, I know the clips aren't cheap but at least you wont end up having to get both sides of the car painted

Regards Colin

Yes, very iffy, you could end up with the whole car going rusty :getmecoat: