PDA

View Full Version : My first time with clay

Simondi
18th April 2009, 14:49
In honour of going to Cosfrod tomorrow I decided to use some clay for the first time. All I can say is.................... wow.

What a difference to the finish.

See you all tomorrow!!

Tatts
18th April 2009, 16:02
Good stuff isn't it! Did you see all the NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- stuck to it afterwards?

After a claying session, it's always worthwhile to polish & wax for the best results.

Simondi
18th April 2009, 18:20
Yeh, the amount of muck that came off was scary. Given that I had given it a really good wash beforehand I was surprised at just how much there was.
I guess I'm a convert then.:lol:

Phil
18th April 2009, 20:53
How often should you have to clay? I think Im converted now. My car looks like a totally different one now.
Which one did you use? I used Meguiers last week from Halfords.

Tatts
18th April 2009, 21:07
How often should you have to clay? I think Im converted now. My car looks like a totally different one now.
Which one did you use? I used Meguiers last week from Halfords.

The Megs clay is good, it's quite a mild one.

How often? Depends on how grotty the car is. Twice a year does mine. Spring & autumn.

How to tell; when the car is still wet after washing & rinsing, run your wet hand over it. If it doesn't feel smooth then there is muck stuck to it that normal washing hasn't shifted. Time to clay.

StevenWilliams
18th April 2009, 22:51
I'm also a clay convert.
With a clean, clay, polish, wax and sealer the car looks amazing but it takes me about 7 hours for the complete works and I never seem to get the time to comlpete it.

Tatts
19th April 2009, 08:57
I've just clayed my ZR, used 2 blocks on it! 'Twas filthy but didn't look it.

Now for a machine polish & wax. Gonna be tired tonight! :D

ianwilks
19th April 2009, 09:16
Can't get to Gosfrod, but did a Simon this morning too. Got up early'ish and clayed/polished and wet looked before going up through the hills to Hahndorf (early German settler's village popular with overseas tourists). Did the up & down the main street bit (to find a parking spot), roof open and felt quite chuffed by the amount of head turning. 8 years old now but the 75 still has that something very special (and timeless) about it's shape and body styling and especially so in BRG. gottaluvit!!! don't yuh...

ps, 144km and both vis motors still working (been checked). Would that be a record, touch wood...
:)

ianwilks
19th April 2009, 10:12
oops! Cosford, sorry all :o trust you all had a great time.

lady zed
21st April 2009, 19:20
:wantpics:

ianwilks
22nd April 2009, 13:44
Yes, you're so right Scooterchick. Haven't done photobucket before so put 2 pics in photo gallery page 4. I cut the size back to small as not sure how big I could upload. ps I cracked up at your plenum pic from Cosford.:drool4:

lady zed
22nd April 2009, 17:15
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/136149ef1b5d14298.jpg

lady zed
22nd April 2009, 17:16
There we go, very nice!!! I still haven't cleaned my new plenums :o better get it done quick smart! Although I think Pab could use the practise :D

Simondi
22nd April 2009, 22:01
I still haven't cleaned my new plenums :o better get it done quick smart!

If you need a hand give me a shout :)