PDA

View Full Version : Chrome Spray Paint?

zojosc
20th April 2009, 15:11
I would dearly like a full chrome grill on my car but they seem to go for more money than I can realy justify so I was considering using one of the chrome spray paints available. Has anyone tried this or used any of these paints? and what results can be obtained?

Cheers

Andy

Rabett_Rover
20th April 2009, 15:14
One of the other members used a chrome sheet kind of thing from Homebase to create a chrome grille

derekosb
20th April 2009, 16:15
Hi there.

Check this thread out: http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=34556&highlight=Chrome+Grille

I think the results are excellent, although if you do want the fins as well it would take considerable time. Maybe your idea of Chrome paint might work for the fins, with the central bar doen using Foxy's idea?

Derek

StevenWilliams
20th April 2009, 19:29
I've made many attempts with chrome plasti-kote and at first the results are excellent.

One problem is they don't take any lacquer even that supplied by plasti-kote themselves and the paint turns dull and grey. Also the chrome plasti-kote is a very soft paint and anything that can rub, scratch or hit it will mark it quite clearly.

It's for this reason I don;t think you could use it on a grill or anything like that as it will tarnish and mark quite quickly.