PDA

View Full Version : How many V8 autos?

Bernard LPG
20th April 2009, 22:04
How many V8 automatics were produced? Were they all in the R75 variant?
Yesterday at Cosford was just too much to take! But really had autos too long now to have a manual again.
It was Mrs L. who clinched it after one of you pulled away in front of us from the side of the road just outside the gate on leaving. Your car sat down as only a rear wheel drive can and roared off. Mrs L. said "I really fancy one of those!" So be it. I will just have to suffer. :shrug:

Typhoon190
20th April 2009, 23:21
You're so lucky! Every time I start to turn my head in anticipation after hearing 'the noise ' I hear ' NO...you're not'. :sad3::girl4:

One day...;)

Mike
21st April 2009, 06:28
All the 75 V8's were fitted with auto boxes, and all the ZT 260's had manual boxes. 166 75 V8's were produced in total inc. tourers

hth

stevemac
21st April 2009, 08:03
How many V8 automatics were produced? Were they all in the R75 variant?
Yesterday at Cosford was just too much to take! But really had autos too long now to have a manual again.
It was Mrs L. who clinched it after one of you pulled away in front of us from the side of the road just outside the gate on leaving. Your car sat down as only a rear wheel drive can and roared off. Mrs L. said "I really fancy one of those!" So be it. I will just have to suffer. :shrug:

Now, now Bernard you know that doesn't make any sense. You will have to give up on the curries just to put petrol in it (or in your case lpg;))

StevenWilliams
21st April 2009, 08:31
My misses looked and said. No you don't. :(:(

Then I poited out that I paid for her degree and she said OK then. :D

SteveTD
21st April 2009, 08:34
I know of one or two MG ZT 260's that were fitted with the auto box. However, these were 75/ZT hybrid's and quite possibly finished as/just after MGR went into administration, using whatever bits and pieces fitted.

I would steer clear!!

StevenWilliams
21st April 2009, 08:36
I know of one or two MG ZT 260's that were fitted with the auto box. However, these were 75/ZT hybrid's and quite possibly finished as/just after MGR went into administration, using whatever bits and pieces fitted.

I would steer clear!!

A few months ago there was a ZT V8 Auto for sale on eBay. It didn't have satnav but everything else was in it. I believe it was one of the last ones and to tell you the truth I wouldn't care.

Julian
21st April 2009, 09:28
There have been some posts on this topic over on Two-Sixties. I think there were 3 or 4 "hybrid" ZT 260s with auto boxes, one of them a phase 1 ZT-T 260 run by a friend of mine here in Paris, who is a classic car magazine journalist. The car seems fine but it had a fairly "busy" early life.
Cheers,
Julian.

Tim
21st April 2009, 12:41
I think there are about six or seven auto ZTV8's, a couple started life as 75's. Philip in NI has one of them. Had the wrong gear shift.

Bernard LPG
21st April 2009, 16:40
Thanks for the replies.

All the 75 V8's were fitted with auto boxes, and all the ZT 260's had manual boxes. 166 75 V8's were produced in total inc. tourers

hth

So the 75s will be even more RARE! - and harder to find one of course.

Now, now Bernard you know that doesn't make any sense. You will have to give up on the curries just to put petrol in it (or in your case lpg;))

Sense doesn't come into it. Mrs L. has spoken! I do as I'm told. Quickly. (In case she changes her mind, in this case).

I wonder who it was who pulled off in front of us? Mrs L. was just about to give vent to an expletive when the car basically just disappeared. I owe you a pint for converting her to the cause!

StevenWilliams
21st April 2009, 16:42
And you'll benefit from it running on the gassy stuff. You'll have to tell us the MPG equiv once you get one and convert it.

Ragman
21st April 2009, 16:47

hth

Think there were only 14 R75 V8 tourers but could be wrong

The Yellow Peril
22nd April 2009, 08:09
SMC at High Wycombe has a very pretty Blue Metailic V8 Tourer with a Supercharger fitted which they said was a one-off built for an MG/Rover Director. I think it's been mentioned before on this forum, but it was certainly a beauty.

Andrew

juzza0
22nd April 2009, 11:08
SMC at High Wycombe has a very pretty Blue Metailic V8 Tourer with a Supercharger fitted which they said was a one-off built for an MG/Rover Director. I think it's been mentioned before on this forum, but it was certainly a beauty.

Andrew
Is it back up for sale again! Mind you it has been the mandatory six months since its last sale! :)

Mike
22nd April 2009, 11:20
Think there were only 14 R75 V8 tourers but could be wrong

Cheers Ragman; you made me check again. 16 75 V8 tourers in total as far as I can discover:o

Yanbanshee
28th April 2009, 19:17
I have it on good advice that there were only 101 R75 V8 Autos built. One of which was written off by fire at a North Staffs dealer (Bramhall) An estimated 50% went overseas so as there have already been some rightoffs there are no more than 50 in UK at pres.
Look after them they are set to become one of the rarest production cars to come out of UK.

I also love the Ford auto box, its simple and effective needing only four ratios to give maximum flex to the Mustang.

Throbbing with passion

Yan'

kevin
6th May 2009, 18:54
Bernard, when you get it can I clean it for you. you know how nice my blue tourer looked.

I would just have to drive it home frist, will leave you my rover 100 for the week.:D:D

Bernard LPG
6th May 2009, 19:27
Bernard, when you get it can I clean it for you. you know how nice my blue tourer looked.

I would just have to drive it home frist, will leave you my rover 100 for the week.:D:D

Not the first time you have caused me some amusement, Kevin. :)
But I did promise not to share the last one. ;)
I thought your mate was going to have a seizure, he was so amused. Shame he's not a member here, he's not sworn to secrecy! :D

kevin
7th May 2009, 11:42
Not the first time you have caused me some amusement, Kevin. :)
But I did promise not to share the last one. ;)
I thought your mate was going to have a seizure, he was so amused. Shame he's not a member here, he's not sworn to secrecy! :D

think im going to give you some more amusement on my next trip up.
and myself some :o
as for my mate can you have a :nurse: on stand by.

black olive
8th May 2009, 20:45
Bernard- good luck in your quest- you will never look back.

I'd thought of LPG'ing Black Olive, but instead just use it on Fridays for work and posing at the weekend- keeps it special