PDA

View Full Version : Knackered manifold

TerryT-J
21st April 2009, 16:11
When I took the power VIS motor off for a bit of a look the operating rod inthe manifold seemed to clunk and fall off what it is suposeed to operatie ie butterflies. I know I' gonna have to geta new manifold, bu has anyone treid splitting the manifold and taking out its guts and what difference it made? If anything the car seems to pull a bit better from lower revs albiet more rattly than before. Its still ****** anoying as its done 34,000 miles. Its a 180 by the way.

stocktake
21st April 2009, 16:36
I know of two members who's cars are minus the whole top butterfly assy, seem to run OK. It is seemingly not an easy task to split the manifold. Make sure you seal it properly when you reassemble

HTH

StevenWilliams
21st April 2009, 16:36
Some members have taken the guts out. The main difference will be a hit to the MPG.

Typhoon190
21st April 2009, 16:43
When I took the power VIS motor off for a bit of a look the operating rod inthe manifold seemed to clunk and fall off what it is suposeed to operatie ie butterflies. I know I' gonna have to geta new manifold, bu has anyone treid splitting the manifold and taking out its guts and what difference it made? If anything the car seems to pull a bit better from lower revs albiet more rattly than before. Its still ****** anoying as its done 34,000 miles. Its a 180 by the way.

Hi Terry.

Welcome to the club.
Splitting the manifold isn't the easiest of jobs. It's well stuck. I think E-Car parts is the cheapest for a new manifold. Just under £500 delivered I think.
Ebay may be worth a try for a second hand one. :shrug: