PDA

View Full Version : No Throttle Response Update

webteb
7th March 2007, 05:37
Thought I would share the fix to my lack of throttle response. Let me first say, I love my 75 but the number of faults I've had to deal with is becoming a little testing. I have no local access to Rover support where I live so this forum is a god send.
Anyway, I previously replied to a thread listing a similar fault to what I was experiencing. Just to refresh -The car starts like a dream every time, but after a minute or so of driving, the engine becomes completely unresponsive to the throttle and noticeably vibrates but it does not completely stall. When this happens, I select neutral and the car revs quite normally. It appears only to happen under load when I presume the engine is going through a transition phase. At this point, turning the engine off and on again seems to clear the fault. After clearing itself, the acceleration seems fine and kick down certainly kicks it into life.
I cleaned the throttle body assembly as advised in other posts but no improvement. I also checked the sensors but with no conclusive result. Finally, I noticed a small break in the front coil bank loom conduit. A bit more poking around and quite a bit of the conduit broke away. I checked the cables inside but couldn't find any breaks in the insulation. But after repairing the outer conduit and repositioning it, my fault has disappeared.
Hope this is of help to anyone having similar problems.
I am now reading with extreme interest posts on exhaust rattles, air bag light issues and alarm not arming.

Kandyman
7th March 2007, 08:24
Hi Webteb,

Glad you have found a cure for your problem, hope you get your other faults sorted out soon.

Rollover
20th March 2007, 16:48
Thanks for the update, Webted.
Mine has been fine.....until today, when the fault returned:(

I'll have to check it out on the weekend.

Radreaga
21st March 2007, 22:35
HI
I had problems with my airbag warning light.
I found it to be the plug under the passenger seat, I discovered it after i had vacumed out the car I must have knocked the connector with the vacume pipe.
There is a connector plug beneath the drivers seat & the passenger seat the wires are from the side air bags. Make sure the connectors are pushed firmly together.
Hope this helps.
Regards Ray