PDA

View Full Version : What Wax

RMMCC
30th April 2009, 22:28
Hi what is the best wax to clean my car with ive just had a valet and want to keep on top of it. now all the swirls have gone:lol:

Parker
1st May 2009, 08:31
I find the canauba waxes are exceptionally good and last for weeks.

Halfords stock it http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_38 0971_langId_-1_categoryId_165527

Try get the paste one (well I prefer that). There are many canauba on ebay at good prices too.

Just my opinion I'm sure other members have their favourites.

deano78
1st May 2009, 08:33
i highly recommend finish kare 1000p. looks good and withstands high temps so its good for summer and you can use it on your wheels too. 2 coats will last for months.

http://www.seriousperformance.co.uk/Products,52,toView_402.html

StevenWilliams
1st May 2009, 08:38
The best wax's are normally quite hard and need to be heated by hand.

The body heat melts the wax and it is applied by hand.

The was then resets as hard as rock.

However this sort of wax is quite expensive.

deano78
1st May 2009, 08:44
The best wax's are normally quite hard and need to be heated by hand.

The body heat melts the wax and it is applied by hand.

The was then resets as hard as rock.

However this sort of wax is quite expensive.

just a bit! royale is 8k a tub!:eek: there are other waxes that you can apply by hand but some are just a bit gimicky.

StevenWilliams
1st May 2009, 08:54
just a bit! royale is 8k a tub!:eek: there are other waxes that you can apply by hand but some are just a bit gimicky.

My brother in law was given some Zymol Royale Glaze to say thanks when he was wrapping a load of cars for a show. He didn't know how good it was and sold it for £300 odd on eBay :o

Came in a nice box.

deano78
1st May 2009, 08:58
please tell me it was only a small sample pot.

StevenWilliams
1st May 2009, 09:10
please tell me it was only a small sample pot.

They are all small pots.

Free refils for life I believe.

He was chuffed with £300+ as he put the money towards driving lessons :D

He cannot legally drive on the road but he gets to wrap supercars all the time.

He also goes to the Gumpall rally type things throughout Europe.

zojosc
1st May 2009, 10:57
I find COLLINITES 845 to be good enough for my needs. Seems to bead water for several months after application, smells nice too.

ianfletcher
1st May 2009, 11:11
If you want a nice shine that lasts then you need a hard wax.
Do a search on ebay for DoDo Juice Wax. It is about £30 - £35 a tub but well worth the money

eddybrown
6th May 2009, 18:52
Whats a good wax for a silver car? Since they're hard to get a nice deep shine with..

StevenWilliams
6th May 2009, 19:40
Whats a good wax for a silver car? Since they're hard to get a nice deep shine with..

It's the lack of paint you see. ;)

eddybrown
8th May 2009, 16:52
It's the lack of paint you see. ;)

I knew somebody would have a laugh and make a silver joke :D

I've read that FK1000p is good and also heard about maybe using Z8 sealant on top of it?

EDIT: Just realised FK1000p is a sealant not a wax so Z8 ontop is probably unnecessary for me! Looks like I'll be investing in some FK1000p and a clay kit :)

StevenWilliams
8th May 2009, 17:14

It's got to be done. ;)

deano78
8th May 2009, 18:58

I've read that FK1000p is good and also heard about maybe using Z8 sealant on top of it?

EDIT: Just realised FK1000p is a sealant not a wax so Z8 ontop is probably unnecessary for me! Looks like I'll be investing in some FK1000p and a clay kit :)

fk1000 is a sealant but looks and applies like a wax. i use it topped with z8 on my own car and it looks spot on. (if i do say so myself lol):D

eddybrown
9th May 2009, 07:41
fk1000 is a sealant but looks and applies like a wax. i use it topped with z8 on my own car and it looks spot on. (if i do say so myself lol):D

Excellent, thanks for the advice.

StevenWilliams
9th May 2009, 08:43

So do you use it instead of wax or on top of?

deano78
9th May 2009, 08:57
instead of. it is a sealant but unlike any other. all other sealants are either sprays or runny liquid. fk1000 is a rock hard block in a pot. if anyone buys any use a sponge applicator pad and moisten it first. it helps put a thin layer on and spreads easier.