PDA

View Full Version : Rover 75 CDT, how do I change the Air Filter?

mysticcliff
6th November 2006, 15:45
Hi,
Can anyone tell me how to locate and re-place the air filter on a 2.00 rover 75 cdi, conosur model. photo would help if available
cheers
cliff :rant:

Mike
6th November 2006, 16:08
Text now, I'll hunt out pics if I can later :)

Remove the big plastic cover over the engine (3 bolts -one front centre, two either side rear)

You can then see the big air intake duct running from the front bonnet panel to the engine.

Remove the five bolts securing this and then take it off.

Remove the oil filler cap and cover the filler with something to protect it

The metal the cap sits on is the air filter cover - undo the five allen bolts and remove the cover to reveal the air filter element

remove the element

clean out the inside of the air cleaner unit

fit element and replace unit ensuring you engage spigot

refit in reverse.

note allen bolts tighten to 8nm

hth

Mike :)

Tim
6th November 2006, 18:53
....and the back two are pigs unless your allen key is longer than the air box cover. :lol:

Paranoid Carlos
6th November 2006, 18:58
When you put the filter cover back on be very carefull with lining it up, its a pig, any unusual wooshing noises try putting it on again.;)

eVoHicks
6th November 2006, 21:56
Hi, definately the hardest air filter I have had to replace so far! But, as stated above, its not a bad job (considering most just unclip)
One thing to remember, make sure you keep a tight hold of your 'long' allen key, so easy to slip off and join the numerous clips etc.. on the undertray lol.
Andy

Keith
6th November 2006, 22:05
Hi Andy welcome aboard ;)

As for the Airfilter dead easy even the five bolts for the cover are captive so they can't get lost :)

Just take care to ensure it reseats ok when refitting

baxlin
7th November 2006, 08:08
I use an Allen key-like hex bit in a screwdriver, with an extension. It happens to be magnetised, so I haven't YET lost it into the black hole known as the undertray.

mysticcliff
11th November 2006, 08:16
My thanks to all for taking the time to post..much appreciated
cliff

Mike
11th November 2006, 08:44
My thanks to all for taking the time to post..much appreciated
cliff

So Cliff how did it go? ;)

JohnDotCom
12th November 2006, 08:31
So Cliff how did it go? ;)
Mike, If He's got the Gale Force Wind and Torrential Rain We've got here in North Wales he will be drying out the ECU! or waiting for Calmer Waters.

baxlin
12th November 2006, 21:07
Here in deepest Hertfordshire I mowed the lawns and washed & polished the car today. Couldn't do it yesterday as I was out and about in my three wheeler, which has no weather gear, not even wipers!

Mind you, it's just started to rain, so I probably spoke too soon.............

(with apology for being a bit off topic)

pondweed
13th November 2006, 07:15
does anyone know if the brass seats that the captive nuts screw into are easy to replace?

My rear two have mashed up threads at the top and I'm wondering whether to introduce longer bolts (the originals had long disappeared from their captivity... in fact I found one screwed in UNDER the seated aircover... how rubbish is that), with a screwdriver fixing perhaps, or whether to order the appropriate part nos, and restore.

baxlin
13th November 2006, 13:23
Pondweed,

If the captive nuts are trashed anyway (ie if using longer studs doesn't work), would short fat (like me) self tappers screwing into the brass nuts do the job?