PDA

View Full Version : Insurance with Powerbox TU3 Roverron box or chip

Aga
10th March 2007, 08:10
Hi folks!
Its that time again (insurance renewal)
Just had a quote from Endsleigh for my renewal at £404. Asked for a quote on my Zed CDTi if I fitted a Powerbox taking the BHP up to just under 150 and it went up to £909!!!
Asked how much a standard BMW would be at the same power and it was MUCH cheaper! They do not like mods at all, do they?
C'mon, you Guys with Ron's box! Where is the place that I can get a quote that is not stupid?

Zeb
10th March 2007, 08:25
Hi folks!
Its that time again (insurance renewal)
Just had a quote from Endsleigh for my renewal at £404. Asked for a quote on my Zed CDTi if I fitted a Powerbox taking the BHP up to just under 150 and it went up to £909!!!
Asked how much a standard BMW would be at the same power and it was MUCH cheaper! They do not like mods at all, do they?
C'mon, you Guys with Ron's box! Where is the place that I can get a quote that is not stupid?

Just got my new details through from Adrian Flux this morning. Insured with Ensign CDTi 75 with TU3b £338.00.

Tel:08700 772938
www.adrianflux.co.uk

tashax
10th March 2007, 08:26
Yes i was just about to say Adrian Flux are decent and don't mind mods, as long as your honest about it.

Aga
10th March 2007, 09:11
Called Adrian Flux & got a quote of a little over £500.
A lot better than £900, eh?
Thanks for the suggestion, Zeb & Tashax - they are sending official quote through post.

tashax
10th March 2007, 09:19
Thats good... so my cheque is in the post...eh! Ha ha. x

Zeb
10th March 2007, 09:24
Called Adrian Flux & got a quote of a little over £500.
A lot better than £900, eh?
Thanks for the suggestion, Zeb & Tashax - they are sending official quote through post.

Sorry, I should have said. Tell them you are a member of this club for a further discount!:D

5% or 10% ..can't remember now!

Aga
10th March 2007, 09:43
I forgot to mention that they asked & I told them & they gave a discount! Don't know if it was 5% or 10% though! Will find out when I receive the quote in the post.
Cheers all!

baxlin
10th March 2007, 15:21
Norwich Union via my Broker - NOT Direct - £330 for self and SWMBO inc biz use, They know about my Tu3B but didn't increase premium midway through last year when I fitted it, and very marginal increase in prem for this year, only 2B expected.

This is max NCD and winter fuel allowance qualification next Christmas.

malcolm

JohnDotCom
11th March 2007, 23:24
NU Direct was mentioned in this Months Motor Mechanics as a Company that does not charge any extra for Rons range of Boxes or even for ReMaps!

Aga
28th April 2007, 17:48
Finally settled on Adrian Flux (Ensign) with £350 excess coming in at £390 per year!
However, they seem to need a lot of proof that I am not an alien from Alpha Centauri as they have asked for bucketloads of paperwork to support my material facts.
They have also asked for proof of my membership of the club (hence the discount) - how do I provide that?

Zeb
28th April 2007, 18:04
Finally settled on Adrian Flux (Ensign) with £350 excess coming in at £390 per year!
However, they seem to need a lot of proof that I am not an alien from Alpha Centauri as they have asked for bucketloads of paperwork to support my material facts.
They have also asked for proof of my membership of the club (hence the discount) - how do I provide that?

Proof of membership? Never asked me for that! Tell you what, buy a raffle ticket and I'll vouch for you. :lol:

Just give them your username...

The other proofs are their way of keeping out the chavvy element imho...the more they know the better chance they have that the buyer is legit.

STUBIE
28th April 2007, 19:29
NU Direct was mentioned in this Months Motor Mechanics as a Company that does not charge any extra for Rons range of Boxes or even for ReMaps!

Well that's weird cause as soon as I informed NU that my car has been remapped when I got a quotefor renewing my insurance last year they gave me a weeks notice of cancellation stating it was not there policy to insure anything other than standard spec.

Stuff them I thought, I got a quote from sainsbury's for about £100 less and also replaced my front windscreen for a chip within the last week.

Stubs

TastyBurger
28th April 2007, 21:06
Ditto with NU Direct - I called for a quote with theronbox (tm ;) ) and said decline. Despite temptation to cancel I'm waiting out the policy for another years no claims then i'm off!

JohnDotCom
28th April 2007, 22:28
I am sorry to hear with the Problems with NU the Information I passed on was from the Car Mechanics on the Review of Ron's box passed on in Good Faith. Perhaps after seeing their name mentioned they didn't like the idea any more, who knows. I will be emailing magazine to let them know.
There are plenty of Companies that will insure with both Remap and Ron's Boxes (mine included) at no extra cost.
I did state that mod was not for performance but for additional safety when towing caravan. I am of course over 21 which helps.

adysiflori
29th April 2007, 08:42
I dont have a rover-ron box but I thought I would check out NU for a quote..It was almost £200 above my best quote and easily the highest quote I've had...

Roverron
29th April 2007, 14:01
NU are not consistent.

Many owners have not had a problem nor been charged extra, yet others have been refused.

It seems to help if you have gone through a broker rather than direct.

Ron

HarryM1BYT
26th January 2011, 16:32

Odd, they only asked me for proof of NCB - the rest were just accepted. Could you perhaps give them a link to this thread as proof?

Dragrad
26th January 2011, 21:58
Nearly a 4 year old thread resurrected :D

HarryM1BYT
26th January 2011, 22:15
Whoops, how did that happen :o

Aga
31st December 2012, 13:44
Still causing problems, though! YEARS further on!