PDA

View Full Version : Alcantara Seats - Bobbling!

tonybubble
16th May 2009, 09:33
Any ideas for getting rid of or at least improving?

stocktake
16th May 2009, 09:54
Shave them with a disposable razor............seriously ;)

uk_dave&gill
16th May 2009, 09:57
Shave them with a disposable razor............seriously ;)

You mean you're not allowed to do the job with a smile on your face? :getmecoat:

stocktake
16th May 2009, 09:59
Brilliant :D:D:D

Typhoon190
16th May 2009, 11:22
I've seen a few suede interiors suffering from this. Even some low mileage examples. :shrug:

Do any of the detailers have any secrets they would be willing to share. ;).

Was wondering whether it was to do with how it's cleaned. Does getting it wet cause this?

I used suede shoe cleaner on mine. Don't laugh:laughing2:

trebor
17th May 2009, 09:41
swmbos TF seats are also starting to show signs of this, car only done 17k so would be interested in any solutions out there

ceedy
17th May 2009, 10:57
swmbos TF seats are also starting to show signs of this, car only done 17k so would be interested in any solutions out there

I shaved mine yesterday ..ooer!! only had a twin blade, probably better with a single blade razor, improved it quite well but could be better.

and I've got 91k's worth of BGB's B*m generated bobbles :D..

uk_dave&gill
17th May 2009, 11:26
No need to risk shaving cuts! :D

Look! There's a whole load of products here (http://www.amazon.co.uk/remington-rpfs-100-fuzz-away-fabric-shaver/s?ie=UTF8&keywords=Remington%20RPFS-100%20Fuzz%20Away%20Fabric%20Shaver&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3ARemington%20RPFS-100%20Fuzz%20Away%20Fabric%20Shaver&page=1)

(and I'm sure elsewhere....)

Simon
17th May 2009, 13:26
No need to risk shaving cuts! :D

Look! There's a whole load of products here (http://www.amazon.co.uk/remington-rpfs-100-fuzz-away-fabric-shaver/s?ie=UTF8&keywords=Remington%20RPFS-100%20Fuzz%20Away%20Fabric%20Shaver&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3ARemington%20RPFS-100%20Fuzz%20Away%20Fabric%20Shaver&page=1)

(and I'm sure elsewhere....)

And for the discerning driver, you can buy a 'posh' designer clothes shaver: http://www.alessi.com/en/3/1866/electrical-appliances/piripicchio-clothes-shaver Batteries included retailing at the pricey sum of £23 :eek: Ask me for details.... :)

uk_dave&gill
17th May 2009, 14:55
Keep one in the car at all times - something to do when waiting for the Other Half to come out of Tesco......

(pleased I have leather... Must find myself an electric leather buffer..........)

south bank
24th May 2009, 23:27
Wilkinson Sword Quattro works brilliantly. Brush it gently with a lint brush before you shave it, then gently shave with the grain of the material. Brush each panel as you shave too and regularly use a pin to unclog the blades. If you use a disposable razor it bobbles again in no time, it doesn't cut well enough and just pushes the smaller bobbles out of the way instead of slicing them.

When you're done, use a damp sponge to moisten the seats, then vacuum them just as they're drying out. The water helps remove odours, cleans them and the vacuum separates any fibres you might have pushed together when shaving. Then brush them regularly thereafter to keep the fibres seperate. For more care instructions see Alcantara.com.

Avoid junctions with the leather though as if you catch the leather I hear it can leave a nice big hole!