PDA

View Full Version : autoglym extra gloss

pab
16th May 2009, 20:16
used the super resin polish first,and then the extra gloss protection and wow..superb,give it a go ...different dimension to my starlight silver

black olive
16th May 2009, 20:19
it is very good stuff, brought the white cooper diesel up a treat !!

AURORA MG
16th May 2009, 21:17
If you think the Extragloss looks good then try the Hi-Definition Wax!!

Tatts
16th May 2009, 21:55
Thought thats the reason folk bought silver cars - so they don't need polishing etc! :D

Dragrad
16th May 2009, 22:32
:wantpics::getmecoat:

Let us see your lovely motors :D

karl_683
18th May 2009, 10:16
Love extra gloss protection! yes the hd wax is fantastic but rather expensive!

Here's some pics

http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp220/karl_683/_MG_0739_fhdr.jpg

http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp220/karl_683/1_fhdr.jpg

StevenWilliams
18th May 2009, 10:28
At the moment I'm completely sold on Collinite 476s It's amazing. After 600 miles and over a week it still looks like it has just been polished.

At £13 a tub it's a steal.

windrush
18th May 2009, 19:18
At the moment I'm completely sold on Collinite 476s It's amazing. After 600 miles and over a week it still looks like it has just been polished.

Yes thats one of my favorites as well

StevenWilliams
18th May 2009, 19:22
Yes thats one of my favorites as well

Your car always looks excellent.

AURORA MG
18th May 2009, 22:02

My Hi-Definition Wax lasted 6 Months + and that was with all the washing, rincing, wiping over that I do.

Teflon
19th May 2009, 07:35
At the moment I'm completely sold on Collinite 476s It's amazing.

Another vote for Collinite here - it lasts like nothing else!

Cliff

StevenWilliams
19th May 2009, 08:19
Another vote for Collinite here - it lasts like nothing else!

Cliff

Yeah. Also the tub looks like I haven't used it yet. It should last for years.

empsburna
20th May 2009, 22:17
My Hi-Definition Wax lasted 6 Months + and that was with all the washing, rincing, wiping over that I do.
I've never been a fan of the HD Wax - it seemed like a pig to work with and the finish wasn't that impressive after a few washes.

pab
30th May 2009, 08:22
it's two weeks since the extra gloss protection was added,and today will be the first wash by hand.awaiting the results

pab
31st May 2009, 20:47
yes, stood the test.water still beads on the paintwork and still the deep shine..recommend this product

Reebmit
7th June 2009, 07:56
I have to say I am an Auto Glym fan and have used it for years. I have just bought some Collinite 476 and what can I say it is fantastic, the finish is superb and not that hard to remove. It is suposed to last for at least a year and all the reviews rate it highly. I'm a very happy man with a very shiny Rover;)

Devilish
11th June 2009, 23:36
I always used AG resin polish & gloss finish it's great but Collinite 476 has the edge and lasts longer

Reebmit
12th June 2009, 08:52
Its great now we have had a bit of rain, the water just rolls off, superb!:D

Simondi
22nd January 2010, 22:33
Perhaps a daft question but what is the best method of applying Autoglym Extra Gloss?

deano78
22nd January 2010, 22:39
Perhaps a daft question but what is the best method of applying Autoglym Extra Gloss?

its very runny so wipe on with a foam applicator pad ideally. leave for about an hour to cure, buff off and jobs a good un. I'm with paul on the HD wax. not impressed at all. fk1000 is still my fave at the mo.

Simondi
22nd January 2010, 22:42
its very runny so wipe on with a foam applicator pad ideally. leave for about an hour to cure, buff off and jobs a good un. I'm with paul on the HD wax. not impressed at all. fk1000 is still my fave at the mo.

Thanks for that

pab
13th March 2010, 20:07
taken advantage of the good weather and applied the first wax of the year,super resin polish,car is in the garage so tomorrow i will add the extra gloss protection.

bigrob73
13th March 2010, 20:37
Last weekend I also got the first polish in of the year!

For the first time I have used a polish, glaze and sealant from Chemical Guys and I was amazed how good the result was.....

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad346/bigrob7374/DSC00266.jpg

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad346/bigrob7374/DSC00265.jpg

Pete
13th March 2010, 21:14
I'll keep an eye out for Collinite 476. I'm a big fan of Poorboy's Natty Blue mind, it is superb stuff on dark colours.

I find AutoGlym's Engine & Machine Cleaner is the best thing for cleaning brake dust off alloys and it's good for use on lower bodywork panels to shift heavy dirt and staining too.

Kai Herb
14th March 2010, 05:54
I spent yesterday giving the wifes Yaris the full machine polish , slight scratch correction etc.Took me 7 hours as i did all the door shuts ,wheel arches etc , i topped the polishing off with a layer of Rubbish Boys Original Edition wax and its turned out very well :).

With luck today i will attempt my Ztt !!! , im sure i can finish it before sunset lol.Ive got a few new products to try out.

rrobson
14th March 2010, 11:18
I'll keep an eye out for Collinite 476. I'm a big fan of Poorboy's Natty Blue mind, it is superb stuff on dark colours.

I find AutoGlym's Engine & Machine Cleaner is the best thing for cleaning brake dust off alloys and it's good for use on lower bodywork panels to shift heavy dirt and staining too.

autoglyms intensive tar remover is also very good for alloys and paintwork. i was a bit aprehensive at first as it on my r25 as i didnt no how the paintwork and alloy surface would react to the cleaner, so i tried it on a hidden area first and the results were astonishing! lifted the heavy dirt, tree sap and tar straight off. alloys and paintwork looked brand new once more!

pab
14th March 2010, 12:50
extra gloss protection applied,again very pleased with the results..extra dimension to silver paintwork

2Diesels
14th March 2010, 12:55
I agree that EGP's a good product, I used it on my car last year after a good claying & super resining & the shine's still pretty good though it's getting ready for a good post winter sort out

stevemac
14th March 2010, 13:14
Car Pride Hard Wax. £1.99 from the pound shop (does that mean I have been over charged) as good as anything.

pab
14th March 2010, 16:05
autglym..comes up a treat

http://i630.photobucket.com/albums/uu22/pab17964/rover75439.jpg

2Diesels
14th March 2010, 16:22
Never tried it on primer before:D:getmecoat:

pab
14th March 2010, 18:16
Never tried it on primer before:D:getmecoat:
thanks for that,after all the hard work :)

2Diesels
14th March 2010, 18:20
thanks for that,after all the hard work :)
You took yer time;) nah! seriously looks very nice Paul like I've said before that car has that "right" look about it, there's a BRG near me on 11 spokes & it looks like an off roader

Corwen
14th March 2010, 19:17
clay or t.cut thats the question :shrug:

2Diesels
14th March 2010, 19:21
I've got to be honest I thought clay was just a silly fad of the "extreme valeters" but I gave in to curiosity & tried it & was very impressed, followed by a good going over with Super Resin Polish (less harsh than T-Cut) & then Extra Gloss Protection over the top & I'm sure anyone that's seen my car will agree it has a lovely deep shine:cool2:

Kai Herb
15th March 2010, 07:15

They do different jobs...

Claying removes bonded / surface contaminents prior to polishing the car , Tcut removes dead / oxidised paint so you could use both :)

Simondi
15th March 2010, 11:46
I've always viewed T Cut as a last resort option. Have to agree with Paul here, Auto Glym EGP gives great results.

Simondi
15th March 2010, 11:47
I'm sure anyone that's seen my car will agree it has a lovely deep shine:cool2:

Totally agree :iagree::wot:

Shame about the colour :D:getmecoat::D

pab
15th March 2010, 16:44
I've always viewed T Cut as a last resort option. Have to agree with Paul here, Auto Glym EGP gives great results.i have used some products over the years,super resin polish first followed by the extra gloss protection....the business

redzed1
15th March 2010, 18:57
Anyone with a darker coloured car should really try an autoglym product called ultra deep shine.It is a very easy polish to use and gives a fantastic finish.Just apply,wait for it to dry,buff off with a cotton cloth and then a light buff with a high tech finishing cloth.My solar red zt looks wet when i have finished and the finish lasts.I have always used autoglym resin polish up to trying this but find the ultra deep shine gives a far better finish.no need for the extra gloss protection.I am pretty lucky in as much as i deal with the company who own autoglym so i get all their stuff direct through a very nice lady who works there at trade price.I also get a nice case containing resin polish,shampoo and a sponge given to me by the rep who comes to visit me every 6 month or so.arn't i lucky:}

stevie
17th March 2010, 21:22
Has anyone tried Harly Wax? (Not HarlEy) Its a pure carnauba thats applied over polished paintwork. I find its lovely to work with for a hard wax, and even gives glass a superb finish. Water just runs off and the finish lasts ages. I usually apply it after a clay and polish, leave it 24 hours and apply another coat. Absolutely fantastic stuff and the tin will last donkeys years.
Even makes my undercoat silver look good.....:p:

carlpenn
22nd March 2010, 09:09
Love extra gloss protection! yes the hd wax is fantastic but rather expensive!

Here's some pics

http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp220/karl_683/_MG_0739_fhdr.jpg

http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp220/karl_683/1_fhdr.jpg

Lovely !!! and I notice your plate ;) mines W439 COA :D

I use Ato Glym - Resin Polish - Extra Gloss Prot - then the Wax and its still shiny after 6 months !!!! (3 Months without a wash too !!! I've been lax)

stevemac
22nd March 2010, 09:58
Has anyone tried Harly Wax? (Not HarlEy) Its a pure carnauba thats applied over polished paintwork. I find its lovely to work with for a hard wax, and even gives glass a superb finish. Water just runs off and the finish lasts ages. I usually apply it after a clay and polish, leave it 24 hours and apply another coat. Absolutely fantastic stuff and the tin will last donkeys years.
Even makes my undercoat silver look good.....:p:

Not tried it, but I normally perfer a hard wax (titter ye not!) Might invest in some from here
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HARLY-WAX-car-polish-PURE-NO-1-YELLOW-CARNAUBA-WAX_W0QQitemZ370340148712QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Car sParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item5639fe35e8#ht _2459wt_1161

Dave***t
22nd March 2010, 11:14
Yeah I've tried Harly, it's good stuff. Under celebrated and great value compared to some others. Beware the labelling though - it's badged as 100% pure carnauba, but that means the carnauba in it is 100% pure, rather than that it's a tin filled solely with the stuff.

The only downside I've heard suggested about it is that as it's yellow rather than white carnauba, it might mute the flake in metallic paint. But I've never experienced that when using it, and as long as the paint surface is well prepared Harly is great.

stevie
22nd March 2010, 16:13
Good to know others have tried it, i think its great stuff. I might give the old bus another coat when it comes back from the garage. Its having a leak (in public too!) looked at and a service.