PDA

View Full Version : Looking for luck

Simondi
17th May 2009, 07:15
Fingers crossed.
Touching wood.
Lucky underpants on.
Please dont let it rain today, she's (the 75) looking a mess and needs a right good wash.

Tatts
17th May 2009, 07:30
Know what your saying! My ZT & ZR are both desperately in need of a clean.

I can't remember the last day it didn't rain here.

lady zed
17th May 2009, 08:07
Fingers crossed.
Touching wood.
Lucky underpants on.
Please dont let it rain today, she's (the 75) looking a mess and needs a right good wash.

simon - you doing the rally?

Simondi
17th May 2009, 15:24
simon - you doing the rally?

I can't do next weekend :mad: as I have a previous engagement in Leeds. ( I'm looking forward to it though!!:))

I am intending to go to Sizergh Castle on the 5th July for the Cumbrian Rover Rally. We're on holiday in the Lake District that week so even SWMBO thinks it would be a good idea :D:D:D

Are you guys able to make that?

lady zed
17th May 2009, 15:37
I can't do next weekend :mad: as I have a previous engagement in Leeds. ( I'm looking forward to it though!!:))

I am intending to go to Sizergh Castle on the 5th July for the Cumbrian Rover Rally. We're on holiday in the Lake District that week so even SWMBO thinks it would be a good idea :D:D:D

Are you guys able to make that?

sorry i should have said relay!

Simondi
17th May 2009, 15:41
If memory serves 'our legs' are on 21st May.
If thats the case then I've got meetings at work which I cannot avoid.

Sorry

:mad:

lady zed
17th May 2009, 15:43
If memory serves 'our legs' are on 21st May.
If thats the case then I've got meetings at work which I cannot avoid.

Sorry

:mad:

Ahem.......JUNE

Simondi
17th May 2009, 15:45
Ahem.......JUNE

D'oh

I'll have a look and see what I can do
:D

lady zed
17th May 2009, 15:59
D'oh

I'll have a look and see what I can do
:D

Good stuff, we're short on drivers. Don't let the team down :p:;):D

baxlin
18th May 2009, 12:42

Why? Don't you wash the car in the rain?

Best time to do it, particularly if it's either (a) a chore you don't like doing, or (b) it's just had a full polish, so it only needs a wash.

The rain does two things, it loosens the dirt and grot, so there's less chance of swirl marks, and secondly, the car doesn't need rinsing or drying, so it's done in 15 minutes.........

(mind you, the neighbours think you're a bit strange, till you tell them why. Several of my neighbours now wash their cars in the rain)

malcolm

Greeners
18th May 2009, 13:14
rain is the best water to use to rinse a car, as it's very soft, so you get less water marks.

Some of the detailing people collect rain water for such use...

deano78
18th May 2009, 14:03
it goes through filters first though (well the people I know who use it filter it). there's sand and all kinds of cack in rain water.

Simondi
18th May 2009, 19:22
Why? Don't you wash the car in the rain?

Firstly - It would mean me getting wet - not keen on that
Secondly - Anytime I've washed her in the rain the finish has been awfully. all spotty and streaky

Is there a technique for washing it in the rain?