PDA

View Full Version : wild camping on barra

desperado
25th May 2009, 15:34
Anyone done wild camping on barra outer hebrides. going in a couple of weeks ,its only for a night but what are the rules if any.

StevenWilliams
25th May 2009, 15:37
Age of consent is the same these days (16). Well done for being brave and coming out on such a public forum.. ;);):D:D

Whats the difference between Wild Camping and normaly camping as seen in Brighton? :D

windrush
25th May 2009, 15:47
Done enough of wild camping in the army but at my age now I like my luxuries

StevenWilliams
25th May 2009, 15:48
Done enough of wild camping in the army but at my age now I like my luxuries

There was me thinking it was more of a NAVY thing :D:D:D

windrush
25th May 2009, 15:53
Wrong again Stephen:D:D:D

StevenWilliams
25th May 2009, 15:56
Wrong again Stephen:D:D:D

Fighting Talk old man. :pillow::sissy::jedi::box: :D:D

lady zed
25th May 2009, 21:26
Anyone done wild camping on barra outer hebrides. going in a couple of weeks ,its only for a night but what are the rules if any.

You should be fine to camp in Barra. The only stipulation really (unless there are signs specifically prohibiting camping) is that you leave the land exactly as you found it.

This a good article. http://www.walkscotland.com/wildcamping.htm

Enjoy, you'll love Barra. :D

Rabett_Rover
25th May 2009, 21:56
Sorry to Hijack But I am going to be in Anglesea for the rest of the week. Anyone else going anywhere?

WeeMan
25th May 2009, 22:03
:p: Only thing to be carefull of when camping on Barra is that you balance correctly on it or it'll tip!, also don't walk backwards into the handles when your getting changed. :D Enjoy yourself and get some photos!

desperado
26th May 2009, 20:35
You should be fine to camp in Barra. The only stipulation really (unless there are signs specifically prohibiting camping) is that you leave the land exactly as you found it.

This a good article. http://www.walkscotland.com/wildcamping.htm

Enjoy, you'll love Barra. :D

thanks scooterchick

desperado
26th May 2009, 20:37
Age of consent is the same these days (16). Well done for being brave and coming out on such a public forum.. ;);):D:D

Whats the difference between Wild Camping and normaly camping as seen in Brighton? :D

thanks steven ,funny but no help:D

Simondi
26th May 2009, 21:20
I've never been to Barra ( other than the Glesca Barra's- but thats different!!)

Not to put the frightners on you but this may be worth a look!!

http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/usfeatures/midges/

Have a great time

StevenWilliams
26th May 2009, 21:21
thanks steven ,funny but no help:D

I couldn't resist. I'm sorry. It's the Spammer in me. :D

Mr bountyfull
26th May 2009, 22:01
:p: Only thing to be carefull of when camping on Barra is that you balance correctly on it or it'll tip!, also don't walk backwards into the handles when your getting changed. :D Enjoy yourself and get some photos!

Lol.
Have landed on the beach and it is a every day flight you have been warned, it could be very wild if a twin engine lands right on your noggin.

Steve.

lady zed
28th May 2009, 22:15
Lol.
Have landed on the beach and it is a every day flight you have been warned, it could be very wild if a twin engine lands right on your noggin.

Steve.

Indeed, be prepared to circle indefintely if the tide is high and you're holding on...........................

On the midge subject, they don't like type A+. Strange but true....................