PDA

View Full Version : Removing over spray on paint/glass

BMC123
3rd June 2009, 01:40
after our recent encounter with a scumbag and his key, we have had the doors resprayed, very happy with the paint but.... unfortunately there is some over spray on the glass and bonnet that we did not notice. I took a little bit off the boot lid with t-cut but I don't fancy hitting the bonnet with it.. any ideas?

I was going to investigate using a clay bar? any preferences on how to use one and what to polish the car with after?

2Diesels
3rd June 2009, 07:19
I would T cut it personally & use steel wool on the glass

Regards Colin

deano78
3rd June 2009, 08:32
clay will shift it but if its particularly bad then a more agggressive clay will be needed. the meguiars ones in halfords are only mild.

Parker
3rd June 2009, 09:02
Be very careful using steel wool on the glass (I work in glass industry) it will scar the glass if rubbed too hard just like it would paint work. Your best scraping it with a razor blade or for safety use a paint scraper readily available at any DIY. Clean off with some methylated spirits wash the glass clean. If it's on your windscreen wipe clean with white vinegar (good for cleaning your wiper blades too!)

Finally clean with a glass cleaner containing alcohol the liquid solution.

Good luck :lol:

Pete
12th June 2009, 01:40
You don't tend to see them often, but if you do a brass blade is good for scraping stuff off glass.