PDA

View Full Version : strange going on with CDt today

Andyb123
13th March 2007, 22:50
Hi all,

Just got back from a long day behind the wheel, drove to Cardiff and back 3 hrs each way what a slog. Any how the strangest things happend during each journey, first the Sat Nav computer /screen rebooted for now apparent reason, got the BMW splash screen up for a few seconds like when first starting the car, then the system recovers and generates the map and redraws the route. Second and more frightening event occurs as I hit 80mph, I get the bonnet open warning sing?, at 80 to 82 mph it is flashing on and off, if I slow down to under 80mph it goes out. Get back to 80mph and on it comes again flashing, take the speed up a bit further to 85mph and now it stays illuminated permenantly.

The sta Nav problem occured twice on the way to Cardiff and again twice on the way back, on one occasion I was not even using the SatNav.

Any one else experienced this or got any ideas, I stoppped obviously to check the bonnet even checked the boot both well secured and not loose?.

Any ideas.

Cheers,

Andy

JohnDotCom
13th March 2007, 22:58
Ive had the Bonnet open Problem and it was the stops. These can easily be adjusted.
Sat Nav Problem not had can only suggest the Normal Check Plugs and Leads to Computer & TV Amp, or even trying to disconnect Battery to reset, after proper shut down procedures of course.

Andyb123
13th March 2007, 23:01
Hi John,

I was thinking it may be due to the wind lifting the bonnet ever so slightly as I hit the 80mph mark, just enough to trip some kind of sensor. These stops you mention, where are they and how do I adjust them.

Cheers,

Andy

Kandyman
13th March 2007, 23:01
Hi,

To stop the bonnet sign coming on you need to adjust your bonnet stops, do a search on Bonnet stops to find a few threads have covered this already,as for the satnav is the bonnet opening resetting the satnav ?

Cheers

Andyb123
13th March 2007, 23:10
Hi Guys,

Thanks to you both, I'll go and so the search andmake the adjustment. I guess it'll be a simple enough job.

Cheers,

Andy

GreyGhost
14th March 2007, 07:59
This will help

http://homepage.mac.com/mgzt180/mmcars/Pics1/bonnetadj.jpg

JohnDotCom
14th March 2007, 08:02
Thats just what I was trying to find, Well done MM as Usual!
I've done it just didn't have the reference Pictures to Help.

GreyGhost
14th March 2007, 08:15
Thats just what I was trying to find, Well done MM as Usual!
I've done it just didn't have the reference Pictures to Help.

If you want to save the pic for future use please help yourself. Ctrl click on your proper computer to access contextual menus and "copy image address" It lives on my Idisk along with all the other forum toot. :)

JohnDotCom
14th March 2007, 08:18
Done, Thanks you cheeky thing (Proper Computer!) :)
Oops now given away which is my new Main Machine.

Phil
14th March 2007, 22:22
Haven't people had problems with water in the boot wheel well causing satnav perculiarites?

Kandyman
14th March 2007, 22:29
Yes, water has gotten in thur the lamp seal or trim and made a swimming pool of the spare wheel well and has got the satnav wet.

Andyb123
14th March 2007, 22:30
Hi grey Ghost,

many thanks for the image and how to adjust the various bits, reckon that'll be a job for this Saturday before setting off for the meet.

Cheers,

Andy