PDA

View Full Version : Overexcited!

Departed
5th June 2009, 17:32
Like Christmas and Birthday, and being a little boy again (OK was never 'little').

Fetching the new toy in the morning. Went to the bank to get the cheque and parked just by....

A Ski Blue facelift diesel tourer with forked alloys and chrome mirrors. An Omen?

Spoke to the owners too! Told me it was a good car but not without it's faults. I mentioned the club, but don't know if they'll 'pop in'.

Having seen Ski Blue in the flesh, I'm really starting to think mine is Seafrost. I'll know in the morning.

Raistlin
5th June 2009, 17:36
Hope to see the new toy on Sunday Duncan :)

Departed
5th June 2009, 18:01
Hope to see the new toy on Sunday Duncan :)

Really? Why's that?

:D:D

Raistlin
5th June 2009, 18:05
Really? Why's that?

:D:D

Cos you ain't the only one getting a new toy this weekend ;)

Phil
5th June 2009, 18:09
I pick up my new one tommorrow. My new ones ski blue. Good luck for tomorrow Duncan.

McMasters
5th June 2009, 20:04
What happened to the economic down turn in the UK? You are all snapping up Rovers and MGs like mad recently.

Must say I can only agree with your choice of motors. ;-)

Dallas
5th June 2009, 20:15
Really glad for you guys on getting your new toys, I know what it feels like as got mine last week (Wedgewood Blue)

ted the bear
5th June 2009, 21:05
had the ZT for 2 weeks now, only problem is cheek muscles hurt from the constant grin!:lol:

Phil
5th June 2009, 21:10
Cos you ain't the only one getting a new toy this weekend ;)

Whats your new toy?

sworks
5th June 2009, 21:37
Is Ski blue the new Silver? :getmecoat:

Dallas
5th June 2009, 21:47
had the ZT for 2 weeks now, only problem is cheek muscles hurt from the constant grin!:lol:

:clap: luv it buddy.

Robson Rover Repair
5th June 2009, 22:43

Glad thats not jsut me as a new owner having the "smile" effect everytime I go to drive it. Even more when I drop it into 3rd at 70mph and press the loud pedal. :drool4:

McMasters
6th June 2009, 07:04
Funny you guys are all mentioning smiling. I still recall that really nice feeing after I took delivery of my 75 and the warm fuzzy feeling with the big smile every time I saw the car parked at home. Just another secret Rover 75 MGZT hidden feature, the silly grin happy generator. :drool4::p::D:lol:

Departed
6th June 2009, 16:04
Wewll it's home. Still haven't named it.

It's seafrost, not Ski Blue, but I liked the colour. Everything seems to work great, though a bit rough at idle in gear. 1st job, check the tie rod!

Planning to be at Chasewater in the morning!

Raistlin
6th June 2009, 16:11
Whats your new toy?

Nothing as grand as a new car. Set of OEM roof bars :)

DerekS
6th June 2009, 16:51
When we got our 75cdt 8 years ago, my wife ( who like most wives regarded cars as a nuisance that got you from A to B) looked back at it when we had parked it and said 'doesn't it look nice '.
That is the best comment you can ever get .
I'm still smilng too, but by myself now.

derekosb
6th June 2009, 16:58
Wewll it's home. Still haven't named it.

It's seafrost, not Ski Blue, but I liked the colour. Everything seems to work great, though a bit rough at idle in gear. 1st job, check the tie rod!

Planning to be at Chasewater in the morning!

Well, come on then!! It's been nearly an hour since you posted it was home, where are the pictures???:p:

Derek

Departed
6th June 2009, 19:12
Well, come on then!! It's been nearly an hour since you posted it was home, where are the pictures???:p:

Derek

In this light.

I do have some self respect. (OK not very much!!)

Maybe take some at Chasewater!

Phil
6th June 2009, 20:36
I got my new one today. It is far better than I could have expected. I can't find any stone chips and no signs of a respray. Only done 21100 miles and it feels really, really tight. In fact, it drives like its on rails. I know you can't believe everything the trip computer says, but it is registering better mpg than the tourer.:)

GreyGhost
6th June 2009, 21:03
Congratulations on your new acquisitions chaps, here's to many happy and trouble free miles. :)

Dallas
6th June 2009, 21:18
I got my new one today. It is far better than I could have expected. I can't find any stone chips and no signs of a respray. Only done 21100 miles and it feels really, really tight. In fact, it drives like its on rails. I know you can't believe everything the trip computer says, but it is registering better mpg than the tourer.:)

Nice one Phil :lol: happy for ya! and glad you have no stone chips.

Thats the only downfall with mine concerning the paint work, No scratches anywhere, not even a mark on the bodywork.....BUT...... I must have a million stone chips across the front bumper, cant see em though unless you are kissing the bumper, like I have been every day since I have owned mine. :lol:

McMasters
7th June 2009, 09:46
OK , you have your new toys now stop drooling and show us some pics.
"Really really tight" :clap:, "on rails", :bowdown::bowdown: :party:bumper kissing, :lovebirds: cut it out and post the photos. :pic:
:drool4:
:wantpics:

Phil
7th June 2009, 09:50
As soon as the camera comes off charge I'll post some pics. The only ones I have at the moment are from my mobile phone.:lol:

Departed
7th June 2009, 17:44
OK , you have your new toys now stop drooling and show us some pics.
"Really really tight" :clap:, "on rails", :bowdown::bowdown: :party:bumper kissing, :lovebirds: cut it out and post the photos. :pic:
:drool4:
:wantpics:

Pictures in this weather!

Here's a poor one from Chasewater, in the wet:

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h125/lowedb/IMG_4889.jpg

More soon (but probably later in the week).

Raistlin
7th June 2009, 17:49
That's one nice motor car you have there Duncan :)

Clean as a whistle if (perhaps) not as smooth as a V6.

I'm looking forward to hearing your findings on the state of your lower engine arm :)

Zeb
7th June 2009, 18:24
A very very nice diesel.....seeing that engine tugged my heart-strings for a moment...:)

Roverowner
7th June 2009, 19:49
Just the job! And my favourite wheels! Congrats:D Alan