PDA

View Full Version : Swap my highline nav / tv for your basic system+cash?

kungfugerbil
6th June 2009, 09:34
Hi all,

Odd one this one :lol:

I have a lovely 1999 ConnSE with all of the lovely bits including the HiLine nav / tv / changer system. It works well and looks great but I have no real need for the nav / tv as I have a seperate satnav that I know how to use and get along with (luddite I know!).

I would also like some spending cash for an upcoming holiday so what I'm trying to see is if there's any appetite for anyone to swap my complete system for a basic single CD factory effort with cash my way? Additionally if someone were to do the removing and refitting it would be great too :D

I know that's asking a lot but there must be someone who fancies all the toys? I know I'm supposed to list a price and looking on ebay complete highlines seem to go for plenty pennies (700 or so plus postage from abroad?!) so I guess it depends on whether someone removes my stuff and refits their unit... I'll say 500 quid if you do but obviously am open to discussion...

Edit: Am located in Sheffield :)

Odd one I know, comments welcomed! Please! Cheers all!

jon75v6
6th June 2009, 20:32
Hi all,

Odd one this one :lol:

I have a lovely 1999 ConnSE with all of the lovely bits including the HiLine nav / tv / changer system. It works well and looks great but I have no real need for the nav / tv as I have a seperate satnav that I know how to use and get along with (luddite I know!).

I would also like some spending cash for an upcoming holiday so what I'm trying to see is if there's any appetite for anyone to swap my complete system for a basic single CD factory effort with cash my way? Additionally if someone were to do the removing and refitting it would be great too :D

I know that's asking a lot but there must be someone who fancies all the toys? I know I'm supposed to list a price and looking on ebay complete highlines seem to go for plenty pennies (700 or so plus postage from abroad?!) so I guess it depends on whether someone removes my stuff and refits their unit... I'll say 500 quid if you do but obviously am open to discussion...

Edit: Am located in Sheffield :)

Odd one I know, comments welcomed! Please! Cheers all!

the ones for sale on ebay for £600-£700 have been relisted many many times and that is because they are too dear, i missed out on a complete set up including loom a month or so ago and it went for £300 although i must say they dont come up often, i would say asking £500 plus a normal cd/stereo and the person has to strip out yours and install new one is a lot to ask, (have you any idea how much work is involved in doing this ?) a lot of owners are going for double din dvd players with 7" screen with built in sat nav as it is a lot cheaper

StevenWilliams
6th June 2009, 21:00
Do you know what version of the Satnav computer you have?
You really need to state this as the older ones (And yours probably is) is not worth as much as the features are limited by comparison.

Also I hate to say it but you are asking far to much money for it. A local breakers offered me a complete one with a MK3 GPS with loom £400 and I turned that down as to expensive.

You may be able to get that on eBay but the educated tend to pay less I'm afraid.

MN190
6th June 2009, 21:18
Just to give you an idea I paid £250 for mine including delivery and all fittings.
System was using a mk3 computer

kungfugerbil
6th June 2009, 22:40
Cheers for the comments all, much appreciated.

I have no idea what the value is, I just went for the most recent sold on ebay which went for 690. Mine is the same as that - I believe it's the MK3 (same as this one here (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rover-75-MG-ZT-Full-navigation-system-board-monitor-TV_W0QQitemZ220422436818QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Audi oTVElectronics_GPSSystems_GPSSystems?hash=item3352 3377d2&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A13%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7 C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50) ) Also I note that a lot of people are selling the various components seperately for a decent combined price - I guess that must be the way forward.

Off to the 'bay to catch the unwary :)