PDA

View Full Version : Xenon Lights

KENHAYES247
14th March 2007, 14:59
Hello to everyone,

i am new to the sight after just buying a 75 after selling my e38 BMW. I loved the BMW but the Rover is better, especially as i live in Germany and there are not that many about!
My question: I have a 1999 75 Connoisseur H/Line with standard lights. Will a set of Xenon of the same year fit? My car also has the self beam adjustment inside.
Secondly: For a 2.5 its not the nippiest thing in the world (Has done 50000) miles. It has FSH, new VIS Motors has been well cherised, there are no knocks, bangs whistles or smoke, am i expecting too much?

I bow to your greater knowledge.

Ken Hayes

yp53
14th March 2007, 16:06
[ Not quite the right Forum but I'm sure this post will be moved shortly. :) ]

The xenon units replace the std headlight directly units with no problems whatsoever. The level adjustment works just as it did before.

jaffo
14th March 2007, 17:02
ive got to say that my old phillips powerplus bulbs on my last ztt were just about as good as the xenons on my new tourer.id save a lot of money and invest in some of those bulbs instead.they are exceptionally good.:)

Kandyman
14th March 2007, 18:25
Post moved to tech help section :)

crofts
14th March 2007, 21:18
Seem to remember seeing that more powerful bulbs are available in Germany and have been advertised here in UK. (may have been 50 watt ?)They are supposed to be illegal here but know some people have fitted them. Don't know about Germany though, may be ok there.
Other question is: who would pick it up anyway especially if they are adjusted & don't dazzle others. :shrug:

JohnDotCom
14th March 2007, 22:04
One of the First signs would be the Cables Melting/Causing a fire if they can't handle the extra Current.